New Uniques and Legendaries - Brainstorming

Flix

Flix, congrats on the introduction of these, I think you've done an excellent job again with naming these weapons. Your fantasy is endless!

Again it will become a new kind of 'quest' to harvest these, and to check which weapon / shield will fit your character best.

> ".. hold all the new swords at the furthest end of the handle?.."

As you probably know, there is a bit of 'grip shifting' when a character moves from one posture to the idle stance. This usually results in the character gripping a sword too far forward, so with the grip moved backward this won't happen.

• Like! 1

It's good to see those items leaving the relative safety of internal testing grounds and finally presented to the general public. This thread was realtively quiet after version 1 release, so it's just about time to show everybody that the work continues.

And now I'll finally find the time to tell you that choosing Sacred 1 weapons as inspiration for new ones was a good idea. Not just because of nostalgic feel of familiar names, but because Sacred 1 unique items were always impressive finds. When I started playing Sacred 2 at its version 2.02, at first I was disappointed by quality of unique and set items. Unlike in Sacred 1, they did not feel all that cool and worth looking for. Now those weapons inspired by S1 really make an impression of something worth hunting for, without being overpowered (great job on adjusting the stats to Sacred 2 realities, by the way).

• Like! 1

Okay, today some feedback from my side for the first version of the CM-Patch Item-Mod.

I'm using it now already for a couple of days and so far I could find two new set-items but, as you will see on the screen shots, I have no idea to which set those belong!?

I don't know maybe it is due to using the Mod on a German installation or together with other Mods - although I'm confident that I did the compiling of the Mod okay. But anyway I'm missing somewhat the second line, the line below the item name which would normally tell me to which set this item does belong to.

Any help or explanaition for what might cause this or wherein I need to look at to get it fixed would be very much appreciated!

As a site note, in addition you also can see the "problem" of which I had spoken earlier, the mixed language item names (German/English). This is not causing me any problems, it is just optically "strange".

post-15570-0-98589200-1396711054_thumb.jpg

post-15570-0-76390100-1396711101_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshio

You are seeing sometimes English names because the names of random items are stored in a separate file: Itemnames.csv , and for the mod that file is in English and it overwrote your German one.

However, the proper names for the mod's items just won't exist in a German installation (or any non-English language). The proper names of everything are stored in a single file called "global.res." The file is installed to a folder that is specific to your language. For example, for English it is en_UK, while the German version is in de_DE. Therefore, no uniques or sets are going to be named correctly, because that file isn't being read by the game (it's in the English folder, which isn't used by a German game install).

The only way for you to see the correct names would be to replace your German global.res file with our English one, but then you would be playing the game with almost entirely English text - combat arts, skills, and dialogues included.

Edited by Flix

Cheers Flix for making this clear to me!

Anyway, as I said, it is not a big deal and maybe in the near futur it might get sorted out anyway, as marcuswob posted some news according the new and maybe last CM-Patch over in the Sacred II forum. In this news he let us know that the CM-Patch Item Mod V1 will be included in the comming CM-Patch and that it needs some more translation before everything is done.

If it should be that this CM-Patch is really the last one, according to what Silver_fox said, and You, Flix would need someone in the future to translate a new version of your CM-Patch Item Mod into German, I would be more than happy to help You with that.

Anyway, meanwhile I do enjoy playing the game and finding all the new stuff! :)

We're working on integration of Item Mod and CM patch. The test version 144 is certainly ont the last one (the last one would be v150), and all items from Item Mod version 1 are going to get translated to at least German and Russian, because Marcuswob and me are working on translations to our respective languages. While the full integration of future releases of Item Mod into CM is still not decided upon, it is quite possible that version 2 that is now in the works would also make it into CM.

And.. we have another nice collection :-)

I'm in luck: my main character is into grave robbery, tomb plundering, undead thievery, orc snatching and what not.

With all this new stuff she'll need an oxcart to carry all to the antiques dealer..

Edited by Pesmontis
  • Like! 1

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all work that goes for the mod, so I never found a chance to comment on those weapons. They are really good, both look, name and stats-wise. The only thing that looks a bit off is that the Runeblade actually appears to be better than Boneslicer, though maybe that's intended. Boneslicer isn't fully worth its legendary status, but it's a good sword. With Decayer's Brand I see no problem at all - it's a good sword, but not overpowered.

>"...she'll needs an oxcart to carry all to the antiques dealer..."

I believe there were a few in Ancaria and they have various implements on them - and she can take the pitchforks and shovels and take them to the dealer as well.

Thanks. Don't worry, the landslide of new items is pretty much over.

Runeblade probably is better than Boneslicer. But Boneslicer is kind of crummy. I think in practice, the Runeblade will actually be more rare for players since Boneslicer is a guaranteed quest reward, and Runeblade will be fairly uncommon (being on the miniset droplist).

OK time for another update. These are among the last few items coming in with the next release. This time it's a trio of weapons imported from the series Devil May Cry. These models were freely available, and Pesmontis worked his magic and converted them to Sacred 2.

They are named after their DmC counterparts, and the bonuses more loosely inspired, since the games are so different. Thanks to Silver Fox for reviewing the bonuses.

The Arbiter

Arbiter is a demonic weapon in DmC. The axe has shrunk down a bit while passing through the dimensional gates into Ancaria (really we just didn't want to make another weapon that only the Shadow Warrior could use). It's highly focused on debuffing the enemy.

nNd2LDbm.jpg

35ear1ot.jpg 6O9mfoQt.jpg Pezvv4Yt.jpg EEREeVrt.jpg

The Osiris Scythe

Osiris is an angelic weapon in DmC, a very fast weapon that is good at crowd control, with wide sweeps and knocking enemies into the air, and that can parry attacks. So the design here mimics those abilities. Chance to hit additional opponents is unlocked by Pole Arms skill.

5tbvs0Rm.jpg

ZoqUg7gt.jpg dCnUvWst.jpg IAuxRfst.jpg 1TwvY8qt.jpg lrq3TiHt.jpg

Sword of Rebellion

Rebellion is the main starting weapon in DmC, that actually morphs into the other weapons in the campaign. Its Sacred 2 counterpart retains its swift speed, shock waves (chance to stun), and crowd control ability, with chances for double hit and area splash damage (the latter is unlocked by Sword Weapons).

2ffS4TKm.jpg

0IHteBJt.jpg Sz2Pa0lt.jpg AVPwohVt.jpg FuWTW6it.jpg

More updates coming soon!

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

They are finally released! These are the beautiful-looking weapons and their stats are nothing to complain about. I'm looking forward to finding them in game.

The only minor note, it that this Rebellion model design is from the classic Devil May Cry (DmC 4 version if I'm not mistaken), and not from the reboot as the link implies.

• Like! 1

The Sword of Rebellion.....love it! Is there a chance we'll be seeing Force Edge? Oh, oh, how about the Soul Calibur sword? Or Soul Edge? Just for conversation sake, if Soul Edge was implemented, would the physics/graphics in the game allow for the eye of Soul Edge to blink and look around?

• Like! 1

> ".. allow for the eye of Soul Edge to blink and look around.."

It should be possible.. there's this one mace that has these rotating 'things' (whatsitcalled).

I just never got 'round to finding this mace's model file(s).

• Like! 1

Sweet! That's the idea that I bring to the table for someone at some point. I have one more "can it be done?" question. I know the game has finite space, very few quest ids and such left, but do you have the ability to add a new region? I was thinking last night "dang, with so many new goodies to show off, it'd be sweet stuff to have a brand new stomping grounds to show them off around." I can't quite picture the map in my mind atm, but I'm pretty sure it's almost all filled up. But there's a bit of empty water left, maybe we could have a Lost City of Atlantis type of deal.

Oh, before I forget, I have one opinion. I was readiing a comment somewhere here (can't quite remember where) that "giving such and such item to a Seraphim would destroy it's lore." My personal opinion is that no weapon or armor could destroy Seraphim lore, even nanotech. Scriptures state that Seraphim are the guardians of ALL realms, and that they transcend space and time. So, in my mind, all weapons and armor could fit into Seraphim lore. However, I'm forgetting that the Seraphim in the game aren't necessarily the Seraphim of Scripture

• Like! 1

>"Is there a chance we'll be seeing Force Edge? Oh, oh, how about the Soul Calibur sword? Or Soul Edge?"

It's not planned currently, no.

>"if Soul Edge was implemented, would the physics/graphics in the game allow for the eye of Soul Edge to blink and look around?"

I was thinking for several minutes that there was already a sword in Sacred 2 with moving eyes. Then I remembered I was thinking of Lifedrinker from Kingdoms of Amalur.

>"do you have the ability to add a new region?"

I think that's entirely outside the realm of possibility. The other thing is it's outside the scope of the mod.

>"However, I'm forgetting that the Seraphim in the game aren't necessarily the Seraphim of Scripture"

In Sacred 2 there are many worlds, all made by the Creator. Ancaria and its life was made in secret by the Archangels (leaders of the Seraphim). So the Seraphim on Ancaria were banished there by the Creator to look after it themselves since it was their creation. Over countless aeons they became weak and complacent, the relatively normal Seraphim of the present game world.

Great models and great work as usual!

I have just one question, in the pic with the Seraphim and the Sword of Rebellion I can see the armour of Sophia - at least I think it is called that way - is it possible to see this in the CM-Patch Item-Mod!? It would be just too superb! :)

• Like! 1

Great models and great work as usual!

I have just one question, in the pic with the Seraphim and the Sword of Rebellion I can see the armour of Sophia - at least I think it is called that way - is it possible to see this in the CM-Patch Item-Mod!? It would be just too superb! :)

It's being worked on, almost complete. What you're seeing in those pics are two different prototypes. I'll post the final results in the thread when it's ready (and yes it's going in the next release). :)

• Like! 1

This is one thing I looked into but that never came to fruition: importing some Titan Quest weapons into Sacred 2.

I managed to extract the models and textures of several Titan Quest weapons and shields, and got them into a workable format. What still remains is a good bit of work to import the models into the proper Sacred 2 format, which probably won't get done. But since I extracted them, I loaded them up and made some previews to get an idea how they would look. So I thought I'd go ahead and share them anyway just for the sake of interest.

Titan Quest came out in between Sacred 1 & 2, and its graphics are in-between the two games in general quality. So, a lot of these probably wouldn't look all that stellar in Sacred 2, since the models tend to have low polygon counts. The textures are decent in size, about the size of most mq Sacred 2 textures, but pack in really good quality for the size.

Hafted Weapons

I really like the designs on these axes and clubs. Probably the main problem is that on most of these the proportions are a little off for Sacred 2. The handles are short and fat and the heads are huge in comparison.

84txabnm.jpg

Sword Weapons

These also have proportions that are a little off compared to Sacred 2 swords, since the blades are so short. However, that makes them great candidates for shortswords or daggers.

Np53qUQm.jpg

Staves

Again, the proportions are a little shorter here, so most of these would probably make better 1h staves. Some might make good Polearms though (that scythe).

kE3kZhcm.jpg

Spears

These would have to become Javelins. I really like the trident designs, which don't exist in Sacred 2.

AJdLvpMm.jpg

Shields

I played around with these the most. They probably have the most potential, since many are simple round shield textures (but with great designs) that could be transplanted onto a (higher quality) Sacred 2 round shield model. I really would have loved to try out some of the more bizarre shields in-game too though (those faces!).

9FsQtLBm.jpg

So, there they are, a nice little diversion of a project that's shoved to the backburner. I wouldn't have imported all of them, probably just a select few. Which ones do you like?

• Like! 1

Jeez, look at those! I never beat Titan Quest. In fact, I didn't spend much time with it and immortal throne because I thought the armor and weapons were boring. I must not have given it enough time or something. As far as shields, my favorite ones are the ones that look like gems, like the one in the second row down, third from the right

• Like! 1