Jump to content
Flix

Flix's Guitar Videos

Recommended Posts

With no real aim in mind other than just wanting to record my playing, I decided to try making and uploading some videos of me on guitar.  This is the test run, and it didn't turn out too bad for having a totally amateur setup.

I hope to improve my recording and publishing skills.  If anyone has any recommendations for the best software for editing and publishing audio/video (free or not) I'd be happy to hear them.

Sí Bheag, Sí Mhór is Irish Gaelic for "Big Fairy Mound, Little Fairy Mound," this is one of the oldest and best known Celtic tunes by the blind bard Turlough O'Carolan.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is most impressive, indeed, good sir! It is technically impeccable and lends true feeling and emotion.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Flix said:

With no real aim in mind other than just wanting to record my playing, I decided to try making and uploading some videos of me on guitar.  This is the test run, and it didn't turn out too bad for having a totally amateur setup.

I hope to improve my recording and publishing skills.  If anyone has any recommendations for the best software for editing and publishing audio/video (free or not) I'd be happy to hear them.

Sí Bheag, Sí Mhór is Irish Gaelic for "Big Fairy Mound, Little Fairy Mound," this is one of the oldest and best known Celtic tunes by the blind bard Turlough O'Carolan.

 

Flix, I think you can do anything! I was in Ireland for a month visiting while camping there, this land was filled with so much music.  In pubs, on streets while people were walking or just humming and calling out. You've brought me back there with your video, I just wish I had something to offer for advice... but I do know one thing...when it comes to success on youtube, lots of content gets the head through the door.

I'm lookin forward to seeing more of this side of your talent!

:)

 

gogo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.s. that tapestry really adds to the atmosphere of this take

:)

gogo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying another Irish ballad.  Still working on trying to get that pristine audio quality - definitely a work in progress.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Trying another Irish ballad.  Still working on trying to get that pristine audio quality - definitely a work in progress.

 

 

This is my favorite of the two.  I like the tempo, and the sense of familiarity I hear with it.

more!

:)

 

gogo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that oft an artist is less than completely satisfied with their work, while all the while its admirers are yet in awe. This is such a time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This song is called Lucidity.  This one is improvisation. Instead of recording one of my dozens of old compositions (I've been too hard on myself for mistakes and tone issues), I decided to just record a fresh jam today. And this song just poured out. I hope you enjoy.

 

Sometimes songs just seem to fall into your lap, and if you're lucky you record them while they're fresh on your mind. This tune just came flowing out this lazy Sunday afternoon as I was playing on the couch. This piece doesn't have any of the polish or precision of a rehearsed composition, it is raw and in a way more genuine. Maybe someday I will develop it into a more fleshed out song.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bravo, it's magnificent! This is proof that sometimes it's most important to forget "trying to be technically flawless" and just play the music. Be the inspired conduit and let the piece be the source that speaks through you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 10:27 PM, Flix said:

This song is called Lucidity.  This one is improvisation. Instead of recording one of my dozens of old compositions (I've been too hard on myself for mistakes and tone issues), I decided to just record a fresh jam today. And this song just poured out. I hope you enjoy.

 

Sometimes songs just seem to fall into your lap, and if you're lucky you record them while they're fresh on your mind. This tune just came flowing out this lazy Sunday afternoon as I was playing on the couch. This piece doesn't have any of the polish or precision of a rehearsed composition, it is raw and in a way more genuine. Maybe someday I will develop it into a more fleshed out song.

Great score whilst alongside me working this morning. Nothing too dramatic but  honest and telling it’s story of journey. Thanks for my accompaniment this morning. 

🤗

gogo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an early Christmas present to get you into the holiday spirit.  This has always been one of my favorite songs to play on guitar.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flix said:

Here is an early Christmas present to get you into the holiday spirit.  This has always been one of my favorite songs to play on guitar.

 

 

Nailed it

ans pretty expressive too

can tell yer feeling that as a favorite And appreciated the Christmas vibes!

😍😎

gogo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The acoustical sensation from the guitar was amazing! I could close my eyes and imagine being inside a church sanctuary as a silent crowd sat in awe and absorbed each emotion-stirring note. That was indeed an unforgettable serving of Christmas spirit. Bravo, sir!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Flix, carols and a christmas tree! Just the thing to get some christmas cheer going around here :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×