Our 50000 Post Milestone...Welcome back to DarkMatters!

As I said on SIF, excellent job Schot & co!

One thing I did notice (in case it's not on your list) is on the main index the icon for sections with new posts didn't stand out for me as much as I expected it to - I think because the ball inside the grabby things (lol, pardon my technical terms :)) is the same color as they are. It might stand out better if you made it a different color (if you wanted to keep in in the Sacred or Sacred 2 theme I think you could go Underworld red or Dark path red and have it look very nice). Minor point though, overall as I said, excellent job!

Good point Carolyn.

lol, our planets and sun blooms for new post notification on the index, were part of our trademark look before. Schot will be animating the newly constructed lamps on our new index page and...we all know how much he loves animations :)

so count on something special! ^^

Carolyn, thanks for the words...I know Schot's gonna be thrilled that you liked his work here. He thinks he's about half way done with the new skin and is working hard on getting us all up to speed in time for Sacred 2.

On it's way!

:dance:

gogo

I hate it for one reason: IT MAKES ME WANNA PLAY SACRED! And it hurts, it's not the OGame skin :PPP

Otherwise, it is good, I like the colours and use of the sacred logo (as an impartial not sacred addicted person :PP) and the clouds on the back are amazing. I still have to get used to a few things but they are not for complaining. Only the wallpaper looks bad on a widescreen monitor: it just ends and there is darkness around it (I mean back background).

Dunno, I think the best one so ever was the "Happy Birthday, Erialc!" but that may have an emotional :)

GREAT WORK, GUYS!

Edited by dicknail
I hate it for one reason: IT MAKES ME WANNA PLAY SACRED! And it hurts, it's not the OGame skin :PPP

Otherwise, it is good, but the wallpaper looks bad on a widescreen monitor: it just ends and there is darkness around it (I mean back background). Dunno, I think the best one so ever was the "Happy Birthday, Erialc!" :)

heheh, Dick...we still have the ogame skin here running. Just click on any ogame post here at DarkMatters and you'll find yourself in outer space.

Glad you like the skin.

So...when are you gonna start playin Sacred!

:4r4ofl:

gogo

As I said on SIF, excellent job Schot & co!

One thing I did notice (in case it's not on your list) is on the main index the icon for sections with new posts didn't stand out for me as much as I expected it to - I think because the ball inside the grabby things (lol, pardon my technical terms :dance:) is the same color as they are. It might stand out better if you made it a different color (if you wanted to keep in in the Sacred or Sacred 2 theme I think you could go Underworld red or Dark path red and have it look very nice). Minor point though, overall as I said, excellent job!

lol. Funny. I couldn't come up with a term for them either. Grabby things works for me, haha. Oh and there are big plans for those babies that'll make them stand out nicely. :P

Oh and hey. Did anyone try the multi quote button yet? It's those buttons under posts that are marked with an "X". If you are wanting to qoute more than one persons post then you click on the X under each post you want to quote into your own new post. Once an X is clicked it turns green and is thus in que to be quoted into your post once you push the "+Reply" button. It's so cool! :)

Thanx again for the very kind words everyone. More to come!

@dicknail:

Play Sacred! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, 50k posts, quite an accomplishment for our small comunity. :)

Also what can I say, superb work done by Schot on the new graphics.

You have surpassed our expectations once again! :)

This is a great accomplishment! The forum I helped form a little over a year ago passed 45K recently (Uni 14 ogame alliance), and I am looking forward to 50K there also. (Although I have about 5K of those posts :drinks: ) Perhaps I can spur activity there by encourging them to catch you guys hehe! I am glad that I have found another active forum to frequent, with a wide variety of posters who are here for the fellowship even though they are not part of the alliance. Congratulations everyone!

Originally posted by dicknail

IT MAKES ME WANNA PLAY SACRED!

Hey, I thought you needed more time to play my (I mean your) uni 24 account first! :4rofl: (I know you are taking a break right now, alls well) Well, hopefully you can find time for both in the future.

Blade, more than 40 k posts in a uni 14 ogame forum? Impressive. I love hearing about other active forums that share games we play. Is it all uni 14, or do you guys have others visiting from other uni's and/or clans? Do you guys have a general interest forum as well?

And glad you're here to celebrate this milestone with us.

:drinks:

gogo

Blade, more than 40 k posts in a uni 14 ogame forum? Impressive. I love hearing about other active forums that share games we play. Is it all uni 14, or do you guys have others visiting from other uni's and/or clans? Do you guys have a general interest forum as well?

It is nearly all uni 14. It started a while ago, but it really blew up (not literally speaking! :blush: ) when they made me an admin a little over a year ago. We have died down a bit since some of our major players (and posters) have retired, but it is still a happy little forum.

Yes, we do have a general intrest forum, as well as several heated discussions on many issues. These normally focus on Religion (an issue I am passionate about as well, but I never discuss in public unless asked to), but go over a wide range of topics. We had an especially interesting one on the war in Iraq, conspiracy, and what actually happened. I don't have enough time to tell the whole thing, but it has been a great experience. I will say that the people are a bit noobish in that forum, but there are also some great players. It is a very friendly forum, everyone is willing to lend a helping hand. Much like this forum. I will say that I like the way this forum runs slightly better, because things are more close knit.

Excellent, Blade. I'm happy that your community is doing so well. Wow...religion and politics...you guys handle that? I'm actually curious as to how that goes. Do people's feeling get hurt? Those are two things we don't really cover her at FDM. I'm just not sure whether our mod team's interested in the huge amount of moderation that involves. Though I must say there have been times when I've been tempted to try it here. Then I think about all the other forums that have gone to ground after everyone involved in flamewars...and I kind think we've been lucky so far to have gotten away with so many posts here and never too much trouble.

I'm going to go and touch a piece of wood now.

:4rofl:

gogo