Ascaron Double Feature! Patch 2.34 and Ladder

Posted by Carolyn Hacker at the Sacred International Forum

Ascaron Double Feature! Patch 2.34 and Ladder Ascaron Double Feature!

The Content-Update and the Beta Version of the SACRED 2

Network are here!

The long desired Content Update Patch and the SACRED 2 Network (sacred2.net) are now available.

The Content Update (version 2.34, 253 MB) includes several new features like new sets, a brand new winter zone, 20 new foes and great new weapons. A new quest chain will guarantee a lot of fun and shines with rewards fitting to the Christmas time.

RTEmagicC_Update_Button_02.jpg.jpg

More information about the Content Update can be found here >>

SACRED 2 NETWORK (Beta)

The network for all Sacred 2 players!

Logo_SNet.jpg

You can connect yourself on Sacred2.net with Closed-Net players from all around the world! With the BETA version of the SACRED2-Network you get a mix between a social network and an extensive ladder and high score ranking.

Questions and suggestions for the Sacred2-Network

can be posted here >>

The ASCARON-Team would be glad to hear your feedback and wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

powered by:

RTEmagicC_Tin-Cat-Logo_250.jpg.jpg

Winter Zone.... sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Not a huge patch, only about 30 minutes for the download... sweet...new weapons apparently!

This is looking to be as good content as what was offered with Guild Wars for Winter... Download in progress!

:D

gogo

And here's the Patch Changes list as posted by Carolyn Hacker

:D

gogo

It's Christmas time in Ancaria, and we have a new content update for you to help celebrate! In addition to some important fixes, Content Update Patch 2.34 adds some new seasonal content for you to enjoy. The new content includes more sets as well as an island for you to find and explore.

Version 2.34.0 includes the following:

New Content:

• New area with 24 aboveground sectors and about 6 additional underground
    sectors
  • New textures and objects to create a snowy landscape
  • Additional sounds for the snowy landscape
  • 20 new creatures
  • New NPCs
  • New full quest chain
  • Additional armor set for each character
  • New armor items and weapons

Hint: The Christmas Island is shrouded in mystery so you can't see it on the world map. To begin your journey to it, find and speak to the Kobold in Thylysium, then sail to the port he unlocks.

Fixes:

• It was not possible to load an old save after patching, if the
    character in the old save had an item in their hand (held by the mouse
    pointer) at the time the save occurred.
  • Characters over level 61 were unable to create game channels (only able
    to join them).
  • Sometimes after rebirth at a resurrection monolith, the character
    started at an incorrect position on the map leading to a dead end.
  • The fourth Guardian of the Big Machine could sometimes be killed while
    it still idled. This skipped the end boss fight.
  • Crystal Monster: The lightbeam adjustment didn't rotate which led to
    confusion about why the hero was stunned.
  • When tabbing out of the game then going back, the position of the
    mounted hero had changed.
  • Temple Guardian's "Amplifying Discharge" with Mods 1b & 2b "
    Ricochet": Rebounding projectiles did not cause further damage after
    the first rebound.
  • Temple Guardian's "Combat Alert" with Mod 1a "Assault": The
    increase in attack value was not shown on the tooltip.
  • Temple Guardian's "Dedicated Blow": The damage conversion for
    'prone to ice' for fire elementals converted damage into poison.
  • High Elf's "Blazing Tempest" dealt too much damage.
  • High Elf's "Fire Demon" with just achieved mod "Enliven": The
    increased damage was only visible after changing the CA slots. New
    damage is now instantly shown.
  • High Elf's "Glacial Thorns" dealt too much damage and caused
    massive frame rate fall off when used on bosses.
  • The "Fire Demon" and "Moribund Animus" buffs restarted
    automatically. Now you need to reactivate them again manually.
  • Inquisitor's "Ruthless Mutilation" didn't work properly with
    ranged weapons.
  • Shadow Warrior's "Rallied Souls" with Mod 1a "Armament"
    resistance values were too high.
  • Seraphim's "Archangel's Wrath" with Mod 1b "Salve": Additional
    fireball was added but damage didn't decrease.
  • At the end of a combat-art move the Dryad erroneously shot another
    round of shuriken/knifes.
  • Dryad's Hireling "Moribund Animus" no longer lies down every few
    seconds.
  • It was possible to forge high-level items into low-level weapons and
    armor. This could lead to overpowered items. Now the highest level of
    the forged items will be the new level of the item.
  • Slot boni on forged items didn't work properly. Now silver slots give
    7 % bonus and gold slots give 15 % bonus.
  • Item bonus "+x to all Combat Arts" didn't work correctly.
  • Monster attacks had a motionblur-effect that lasted too long.
  • The audio option "Character Effects on Center" had no effect on
    playback in 5.1 surround sound.
  • Several sound issues fixed for boss music, deathsplatter-effect and
    unique items.
  • Missing sound profiles added for T-mutant Human and High Elves as well
    as for new mini-bosses.
  • All sounds were initiated with a short snapping sound.
  • Singleplayer CoOp: When you started an SP game and opened the game as
    MP, the server started without a name. Now the name is
    CharacternameXXXX where XXXX stands for a random 4 digit number.
  • Rivers had dust clouds instead of water splashes.
  • Inventory picture for "Celdrahil's Gloves" was missing.

The Content Update Patch can be downloaded via the homepage http://update.sacred2.com manually or by executing the "sacred2updater.exe" located in the root-folder of the game. The file is just over 250mb.

Happy holidays from all of us on your Sacred 2 team!

I have a problem (and I am not alone) it says I have changed some files when I havent touched any of them... so I cannot patch. I dont know if reinstall will solve this :/

got same problem. it checks all my Sacred 2 files, gets 100% of checked then goes back to 99% and dang! "you cannot update the game (bla bla bla) cause some files has been changed"

For the moment, I think I just won't risk installing the patch (and maybe screw up my game).

I just don't want to re-install (I re-installed like 2 weeks ago).

It's kinda sad to learn that they nerfed Glacial Thorns and Blazing Tempest, maybe they considered it would be for the better.

Honestly, I think the thorns were ok, but sometimes I thought the Tempest was too strong (I have it at level 22 and it does 1400something damage, with 300 damage over time), I only needed to use it to kill the Mist's minions.

Also, I can't seem to be able to login to the ladder. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Max

Edited by metal_max64

I installed the patch, and love it so far. I still can't get into MP...this has been about two weeks now *sigh* But so far the sp is working fine.

The Christmas Are is superb. I don't know if anyone knows how long it's going to last for, so get those cool new christmasy toys while you can.

:lol:

gogo

Finally installed the patch (couldn't resist), I was hoping so bad that the installation and the checks went fine.

Will try it now.

EDIT : Gogo, remember when you forged me some equipment in Niob? Well, I don't have these equipment anymore! Maybe they removed them in the patch, since in the patch notes it was stated that we would no longer be able to forge High Level things in Low Level equipment.

That made me lose my Celdrahil Armor :cry: and the legs I had :cry:

Max

Edited by metal_max64

This looks fantastic. The Sacred 2 team are really great. Too many companies these days leave stuff out of their games only to sell it as "DLC" later on. It really pisses me off... Especially because I'm dumb enough to buy it lol. Anyways props to them they are freakin awesome!

Finally installed the patch (couldn't resist), I was hoping so bad that the installation and the checks went fine.

Will try it now.

EDIT : Gogo, remember when you forged me some equipment in Niob? Well, I don't have these equipment anymore! Maybe they removed them in the patch, since in the patch notes it was stated that we would no longer be able to forge High Level things in Low Level equipment.

That made me lose my Celdrahil Armor :cry: and the legs I had :cry:

Max

:@ If they delete all the niob forged items I'm pauper.

They can't even make a good patch? Omg guys! And I bought it...

If they ask me (and they won't) not the High Elf's dmg should be decreased and the items deleted but fixing the bugs...

Good luck Ascaron! You'll need it...

For those having probs with patch, try this. (U.S. version won't have this prob because your version is 2.13 out of box)

If you have version 2.02 and try to update to 2.34 you get a "file have been changed" error..here's what to do

Re-install game,then

On the SIF find the link for 2.02>2.10 and 2.10> 2.12 patches. Do not get the 2.02>2.12 patch. Download and update these individually. then update to 2.31 and finally 2.34

(The 2.02>2.12 patch was the culprit for me)

I can get links a little later for the UK version which is what I used. Not sure if other language versions have same issues

Edited by Knuckles

Great info Knuckles. Thanx. :cry:

As for the risk of losing items after patching I have a guess as to how to avoid that. Before you patch make sure to unsocket any equipment you have with niobium jewelry. In fact... I would just unsocket everything of value to you. I have no idea if that will work but based on the changes made with forging I'm pretty sure it will.

I lost a few sets that were given to me...I have to assume they were socketed in a higher difficulty. All items I found or socketed were still there. )I never socketed anything above silver)

Edited by Knuckles

Nice ideas but schot, I though we cant log in 'till we do the patch.

I wouldnt even patch it if I wouldnt have to :)

But can't log in to servers I think...

Edit:

Tried. Logged in to lobby. NO servers. Can't make any servers. Any way to un-equip my items?

Btw if I dont use them they'll disappear too eh?

Also I dont have much set items forged in niob. 2-3. MOst of them is white. BUT! I want to forge in niob soooob.

Edited by tomi

The items that were deleted would have had high level rings/amulets socketted into low level items.

What's happened is that now, the item level is the highest of the base item level & anything (runes, rings, amulets) socketted in it. So if you had a level 1 sword & socketted a level 200 ring in it, prior to the patch the sword would have stayed at level 1, post-patch the sword would have been level 200, then the cheat detection find that a low level char is using a high level item & deletes it. Anything that's in your stash/inventory should be ok (the item level will increase, but since you're not wearing it, that's ok, you just won't be able to equip it).

Ok, everything nice nice and nice, but I can't install this patch. It still says that some files were modified, but I didn't even touch 'em. I reinstalled the game and installed all patches again, one by one. And DANG! Big surprise! Still can't install that damn 2.34.

And one more thing - if I install it, I'll loose only 6 set items and 2 uniques. Means I'll loose over 5000 points of attack rate. So nice. I'm impressed.

From what I'm reading Telari, make sure to patch up via 2.02 -> 2.10 -> 2.12 -> 2.31 -> 2.34

There was also a 2.02 -> 2.12 patch that caused troubles (affecting US games that were pre-patched as well). I have the UK version and it patched without trouble the first time around, and looking at downloaded files I have the 2.10 patch and the 2.10 -> 2.12 patch, the corruption seems to have occurred in the patch that skipped 2.10.

I also had problems when I tried to apply the patch :P

You can see which file was the culprit in the log file found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Asuka\Local Settings\Temp\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2 Update Log.txt

With me, it was a tiny 11kB text file I never touched... like that makes any sense at all :D

Turns out the ladder doesn't work in explorer... :)

Gee, I can see all my Jedi Seras... Turns out my current one is the fifth incarnation, sixth if we count the softcore character :)

Some tooltips are in german, even with english filter (the deleted characters I suppose).

When I try to log in, it says "Internal error - try again later".

It shows the haircolors and gear... and stats... :P Holy crap, is there no privacy:) :D

For those having probs with patch, try this. (U.S. version won't have this prob because your version is 2.13 out of box)

If you have version 2.02 and try to update to 2.34 you get a "file have been changed" error..here's what to do

Re-install game,then

On the SIF find the link for 2.02>2.10 and 2.10> 2.12 patches. Do not get the 2.02>2.12 patch. Download and update these individually. then update to 2.31 and finally 2.34

(The 2.02>2.12 patch was the culprit for me)

I can get links a little later for the UK version which is what I used. Not sure if other language versions have same issues

Thank, I'll try that, but I have a question.

Edit:

Reinstalled, installed patches: 2.02--2.10, 2.10--2.12, 2.12--2.31; and when wanted to install the 2.34 it said corrupt again. Reinstall sacred argh!!

Help!!

You said search for the patches on SIF. Then we can use manual download? Why is the auto updater then? Oo

Edit: I can only find 2.02--2.12 patch in Hungarian version. At least in official site

What should I do? Oo

Edited by tomi
Please Sign In or Sign Up