So lets have some fun before I bin this game....

This has to be the only online multiplayer game I play that is anti multiplayer. Since 2.40 I am incresingly loathing this game everyday. Bugged overlevelled quest mobs, reflecting enemys, less xp for playing with other people but more for solo?!? And thats just scratching the surface. So before I end up completely hating this game how about some fun! After chatting with gogo on wednesday evening and rubbishing his talk about making PvP workable ive come to realise he actually has a good idea. Take 2 teams say minimum 3 players and have level max of 10 then battle it out once a week, and during that week teams can be working together to shop/find gear and work on tactics. I think this would be far more fun the slugging it out in jungle for a week solid to reach level cap. I cant see any benefit of playing this game to 200 other than to say you have a bigger 'e-peen' than anyone else.

So how about it then before I uninstall this rubbish and chuck it on ebay.

Schot, who I've been playing pvp with for the last little while, actually has a way cooler idea for this even muhahahah. He's totally into pvp, and has been sketching out ideas for the past while for us all. I can see how practicing for pvp is going to be a great idea though doddsy. And a lot of this has to do with the "trump"

One team if they have a great idea can easily trump a team one week...but if the same strategy is used next week, someone will trump it with something new. It was this way with Guild Wars and was always exciting.

We were trying with level one to level five toons...believe it or not, the hardest thing so far was getting enough hits at a time to make playing exciting. We finally seemed to like level ten because at that level it offered a few slots and a few Combat Arts. Also, it seemed to allow the ability of a single player to do a hit of about a third to one half a player's health. For this to be exciting, we'll have to be able to incur enough damage for a player to not be able to rely on health pots holding out while players are all ganging up on him.

As well...for this to be accessible, we loved the Soft Core. Soft Core allowed us to jump back into the game...and there is a cool continuity with equipment that everyone gets to hold on to.

Because it's teams... the dynamics will change every week and noone really knows what kind of team so far in this game can make consistant wins.

This is all pretty new though, and so team size will still have to be perfected. PVP for it to be successful should be accessible, fun, have replay value, offer growth and allow creativity.

Anyone remember the big group of twelve a few years ago who were duking it out in PVP for original Sacred? Person who won was junior mint who came up with a surprise build with Ancestors...he just kept firing them and letting them eat us up while he ran away from enemy fire.

Course...he won

:unsure:

gogo

But what are we talking about here Hard core of soft core? I dont think anyone would mind losing a level 10 toon but the advantage that soft core offers is PVP in rounds. This way it can be best out of 3 or 5 so teams can come in with better plans for battle and the fighting and can change tactics after a round plus spend some trash talk and what not all in good fun. :unsure:

Soft Core. As you said Kat, it offers good continuity, and most importantly accessiblity. Peeps can fall off the horse and quickly come back...wiser and more dangerous for continued fighting.

We'll all probably just be learning a lot, and I'm sure we'll be nicely surprised by what kinds of team strategies and builds can show continued success ^^

:unsure:

gogo

Hmm... maybe I'll take a gander at it, since I'm pretty much by my lonesome now screwing around with the single player mode.

Edited by Cthulhu
So I uninstalled sacred2 this morning, maybe ill see you guys in another game, thanks for the fun and laughs.

Ah craaap - another party friend abandoning ship.

Well I am getting sick and tired of these bugged quests, killed myself on litty lister quest.

Sometimes some of the bugged ones got max level monsters no matter who made game. After this NOOB 2.40 update.

I was against level 64 or were they 67 - doesnt matter lost my level 45 lord against them.

6 days friging slow level out the window.

I stay campaign with new until gold, alot less bugged in gold.

Edited by D-molisher

Hey I know the game isn't perfect but why such negativity against it?

Its a shame you guys don't like what you see.........but I love it.

I hardly get to party with anyone due to my time zone but when I do its a great game.

I guess everyone needs different things to make their game fun,,,,for me its the time I get to party,

I'm not having a go at you,,,,,I'm just commenting :D

I know how you feel doddsy...I've come close to quitting a few times myself...If I was just playing SP, I would have stopped a while ago....But I find if I stop playing for a few days I start to miss the HC community on-line and eventually start playing again...hope you change your mind and give it another go...I know the bugs are annoying...but dying among friends really isn't so bad :D

Hey I know the game isn't perfect but why such negativity against it?

Its a shame you guys don't like what you see.........but I love it.

I hardly get to party with anyone due to my time zone but when I do its a great game.

I guess everyone needs different things to make their game fun,,,,for me its the time I get to party,

I'm not having a go at you,,,,,I'm just commenting :)

What He said! :D

Hehe, I think I am well and truly done with sacred for the forseeable future, ill go back to fps for now then maybe grab diablo III if it ever arrives.

So that's two SOTW members (including myself) that have thrown in the towel...

... although I am tempted to try making a mod, but it'd be so limited since the editor can't be opened in the retail version. -_-

The game keeps getting better and better for me the more I learn and explore. I'm surprised you guys feel this way. I love everything about it excluding a few very minor easy to work around / avoid bugs. I can't stop playing...... To each his own I guess and good luck finding a fun game that satisfies you.(no sarcasm intended)

/cheers