New to Sacred 2, couple questions

DP xMnSx

I actually don't even have the game yet for it will be released on xbox 360 soon, but I'm just trying to get a head start on how to build and who to start with. I would really appreciated any adviced from the experts and so far it seems like there is a very nice community here.

I used to play the hell out of diablo 2 as an amazon. So I'm trying to decide on a character that I will be able to enjoy somewhat like the amazon. But at the same time the appearence of a character is very important to me to ( I know sometimes thats very stupid ).

At first I decided to go with the seraphim, but I don't like her unique armor so much and from what I read, not sure what a BFG is, but the best weapon is a pistol? I like the thought of ranged weapons because it's close to the amazon, but I'm more of a bow and arrow type of guy.

Then I saw the high elf and I like all of her unique armor. I don't mind spells so I started to consider her and thought it might be fun because I was wizard in everquest.

So my question is, between the two who can dish out more SERIOUS damage effectively, what is a BFG seraphim, and who is more fun to play with overall. Also is there a link to build the perfect build for each class?

As for the high-elf I'm thinking about the frost build which I read Dobri's posts, but out of the 3 which is the best?

Sorry for the long post, thanx.

Edited by DP xMnSx
So I'm trying to decide on a character that I will be able to enjoy somewhat like the amazon.

Well the character most like the amazon would be the dryad, specializes in bows and blowpipes and she can also use voodoo magic to back her ranged capabilities up. Im not really an expert, but I played one recently and she kicked some serious butt!

There are a few good guides for her here

However if you're set on the seraphim or highelf then Dobris build is pretty straightforward but powerful if u use it well, im following it for a fire build and im doing ok at the moment.

Seraphim-wise, I have no idea specifically on BFG, ive only played a dual wield seraphim, but from what ive seen ingame BFG is pretty strong, in any case as long as u make some fairly sensible skill choices you should be able to survive up to and thru at least gold. There is a guide to a BFG seraphim here that seems to have some pretty positive comments in it and alot of information in both the first post and afterwards to give you a lot of background to base you're decisions on.

Anyway, in any case welcome to the world of sacred and hope u enjoy you're stay :)

A few versions of Dryad can dish out some serious damage ^^

Check here for pics of her using Duel Wield Staves with Int Attribute and Ranged with Blowpipes with Dex or Stamina Attribute:

Sacred 2 Area of Effect showcase

Sacred 2 is a very purty game

And great seeing you here, DP xMnSx, welcome to the forum

:)

gogo

Hello and welcome to FDM DP xMnSx. If your choice is a High Elf and you like to keep a good range between you and your opponents I strongly recommend going for the Pyro HE. She has some of the best CAs in the game ans she has the ability to go after both big mobs and walk over bosses with ease if build right. :)

The strongest and most boring Dryad builds are: Hunter pipe / bows.

The magic builds are woodoo / nature and both funn ( for me ).

And making dual staffer dryad are funn, but takes planning and luck to get arund level 30 - then they start pwn and kick some butt.

My Nature build: Got deleted from D.a.r.k soo you need forum (DA) member to see link:

P.S. If you cannot see it, I will send you D.a.r.k forum message with build from my clan forum - just send me message if you need it.

Edited by D-molisher

Deleted? :o I don't understand :(

dmol... can you please send me pm with link? I'll see when I get back home from work where you topic is ^^

And ranged builds are very fun!

The beauty of this game is that there are builds for everyone, and with enough time, all of them can be tried out. I've taken both the ranged and duel wield staves builds to platinum HC, and I enjoyed them both for what they offered, mostly because the dynamics of both builds were very different.

Hit graphics and excitement of dryad ranged is still the most exciting thing in game I've seen, and I've actually never played a CA in a game that was just so fast. The duel wields int build takes more time, is more of an object of craft, superb damage... comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges!

Hopefully everyone here who has a chance and some time, will be lucky enough to give all the builds a go and see what the game offers.

gogo

thank you all for the responses. I'm really stuck on the high elf and the seraphim because the way they look :) . The dryad looks stupid :( . as for the seraphim what is a BFG seraphim?

A BFG seraphim is a seraphim purely focused on the BFG buff. This buff gives a big ranged weapon, wich is then used for nearly only left click attacks.

Also, if you were still unsure about anything for the seraphim then you can read the information detailing her combat arts and the modifications they get as you level up and some usage strategies to go with a few of them at the seraphim part of the Sacred Wiki.

Hope that its useful to you. Its got information about every character, their combat arts, skills, attribute, has info about quests, set items, unique items and heaps more, definitely worth a read

I've decided to go with the High Elf with all your helpful information.

For the HE is the ice/fire/or lighting better and if you guys can put them in 1-3 as better-worse, I'd really appreciate that. I'd like to make a HE that is better at soloing rather then as a team, even though both are important.

Is it smart to maybe mix and match skills? So far I'm more leaning to ice or fire, but I like the Grand Invigoration buff from lighting.

Also how does going light or shadow path affect me as far as skills and the overall game.

Sorry if I'm being a pest. Thanx

Edited by DP xMnSx

General mix up will be Fire+GI or Ice+GI.

Skills are not related to light or Shadow path but playing in a party is. Light can only team up with light and shadow with shadow. Most people go Light so I recommend going light at list for the start toons.

Is there a level cap on this game as far as equipment is concerned. What I mean is if I'm level 1 can I wear like level 10, 99, etc

Also is unique armor the best in the game? Can you buy them or do they only drop at loot from bosses. What is the best set/weapon for an ice HE

Also I've been reading that it's very hard to level up in this game once you get to like level 90, what is the level cap?

Thanx

Edited by DP xMnSx

The level cap is based in the proficiency you have with weapons and armor. Generally, without a proficiency, at lower levels the cap is 2 lvls and goes up to like 10 levels later on. With a certain weapon or armor proficiency, you can wear an armor or carry a weapon which is over 20 levels (for example) above your own without a penalty. The BFG weapon buff is a big exception to the rule - you can have it at twice your level (like level 50 char with a level 100 BFG) without a penalty as long as you have 1 point in ranged lore.

Unique armor? What is that? I never saw unique armor items (save for jewelry) since patch 2.12 :4rofl: Set items is another thing. As for the sets, the best set for pretty much any HE is the one that has the most sockets, even if it's not a complete set. The weapon is up to you, probably something with casting speed and spell intensity mods (doesn't need to be necessarily unique).

It's hard to level up after 100. You get an XP penalty of 2.5% for each 25 levels above 100 (at least according to Cthulhu), while the XP requirement for the next level increases. So if a mob was giving you 10k XP, it will start giving you less and less XP and the levels go on. That's a rather illogical way to make the levels from 100 to 200 (max level) difficult to gain, but... it works.

Edited by Dobri
General mix up will be Fire+GI or Ice+GI.

Expanding on what Kat said here most people will pick their main lore, for example fire and choose the skills to go with it, arrant pyromancer lore/focus and then also pick delphic arcania focus and spend 9 points in it so they can fully modify GI and also any bonuses to delphic arcania focus will allow u to have a higher level of GI without any penalties granting a better bonus to spell regen/healing.

Hope that helps :4rofl:

It's hard to level up after 100.

This is probably the most overlooked aspect of this game when it comes to builds.

You will see builds posted that explain how to spend skill points and what Combat Arts to take and how some things are needed to play in niob at level 200.

But for the majority of people I doubt they will ever reach that level.

With that in mind look at builds posted that dont rely on you getting to level 200 and require that you use all your skill points.

Because you will probably have a very long and hard time getting there. :)

what is bronze, silver, and gold? I was looking at the ice set armor and it said like 7 silver 2 gold sockets is that good because the lighting set armor had like 6 silver and 7 gold

also is this the best armor you can get for the ICE high elf? http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...al%27s_Blizzard

also can anyone send me links to in game pictures of the high elf wearing this armor

thank you

Edited by DP xMnSx