R.I.P. Dual Sword Sera

After reading about Dobri’s dual sword seraphim(and seeing her in action), I had to make one myself.

I got some nice equipment donated to my cause and she really took off in a big way.

By level 15, something wonderful happened. She found a helm that added chance to find special objects. Next came armor with the same. And then an ammy….

So she is running around Ancaria and she is a force to be reckoned with. Her CA’s are at an acceptable level and the regen is very low. Uniques were dropping like rain as were sets.

She was poised to replace my BFG seraphim in the kami…..was.

Sadly, she perished at the hands of a boss that I did not expect to run into. I was doing the empty office quest and was looking for staff members on the dryad island. Was doing a quest where you are looking for some tree guy to get a branch. I noticed a “!” in an area I couldn’t get to and ran into a tree-boss. I got him down to about 50% health when he got two quick hits in. I was in the process of drinking a pot on the first hit, but the second crit did me in.

Poor girl died with three boneslicers, a desert saber and a large number of other uniques—mostly staves(unique staves are what all of my toons mostly find…funny). I was keeping them in her personal stash because my shared is FULL.

Going to have to actually do some socketing on her replacement because the Dryads were kicking her but all over the place. She was killing them fast enough, but they were draining her health fast.

You met up with the forest guardian :dance:

Sorry to hear you lost a char to him :dance:

But make sure you get your revenge and :) him to death.

Arp

Sorry to hear that Sile... The Guardian can be a pain sometimes.

Btw. I had the pleasure to read your 'For fame and Fortune' stories over at the forum. That's a really nice read!

Greetz

@ Arperum: Oh...he's so going down! And it's going to be tonight. I'll either take him out with my BFG seraphim or my SW. Had a scare with the seraphim last kami and she lost her mount, so most likely it will be the SW.

@ Barristan: Thank you, glad to know it is still getting read. And it is continued in 'Sorrow Chronicles' and then in 'Discontent' though I am stuck on the last.

Sil... With all due respect, mate... You really need to look at the opponent's level... and you really need to read the topics around here in darkmatters. The Tree Guardian is still bugged as hell. As are many other quests. Probably the last chance Ascaron's save itself is to solve these quests....... But that's another problem...

The the level of the game maker is pretty much determining the level of the mobs (especially the preset ones). So if the game maker's level is say, 59 (the last level left till gold difficulty, since patch 2.40), the level of the basic quest mobs will be 59. I know this doesn't cover some of the quests, but this bug still persists for some quests for some which developers doesn't seems to want (or willing) to solve.

Some levels are still based on the opener's level. This means you need to be close to his level in level to complete them successfully.

So the basic general rule of thumb is to know the game's bugs, or the strongest char will succumb to the game's bugs. Be aware of them and work them in a way to help you. A char with with petty much every defensive skill is pretty much (I'm repeating myself, but it's on purpose) invincible, as long ans the build complements the skills.

I'm sorry you died in the end, but there's a list of things you need to look after while you're playing. You must live with them or die with them. Pretty much any char may survive with any defensive skills he/she will pick till level 200. That is as long at levels with the skills that lets it live at the level that she (your seraphim) is.

To conclude, I will say something for you only. In S1, there was a mob of enemies that was very hard. It was in where you needed to unlock the first combo master quest after clear view (it's separated on purpose). The mobs could kill pretty much any char.

Keep in mind that Sacred 2 is made in the same way. With that stand point it's hard to lose a char... unless your are drunk :)

I do hope you don't take this as utterly offensive. But you need it. Honestly.

Edited by Dobri
After reading about Dobri's dual sword seraphim(and seeing her in action), I had to make one myself.

I got some nice equipment donated to my cause and she really took off in a big way.

By level 15, something wonderful happened. She found a helm that added chance to find special objects. Next came armor with the same. And then an ammy….

So she is running around Ancaria and she is a force to be reckoned with. Her Combat Arts are at an acceptable level and the regen is very low. Uniques were dropping like rain as were sets.

She was poised to replace my BFG seraphim in the kami…..was.

Sadly, she perished at the hands of a boss that I did not expect to run into. I was doing the empty office quest and was looking for staff members on the dryad island. Was doing a quest where you are looking for some tree guy to get a branch. I noticed a "!" in an area I couldn't get to and ran into a tree-boss. I got him down to about 50% health when he got two quick hits in. I was in the process of drinking a pot on the first hit, but the second crit did me in.

Poor girl died with three boneslicers, a desert saber and a large number of other uniques—mostly staves(unique staves are what all of my toons mostly find…funny). I was keeping them in her personal stash because my shared is FULL.

Going to have to actually do some socketing on her replacement because the Dryads were kicking her but all over the place. She was killing them fast enough, but they were draining her health fast.

Sil, noooooooooooooooooooo... I'm so sad to hear about this...and with so much gear too! :) I have to say Sil, that you've been working so hard at this game since day one. Your posts and energy on this forum have been absolutely suportive and inspiring! Each day I come here to visit, you've always got some insight, great question or small adventure to recount that I've read with delight.

Take heart, old friend, Ancaria awaits with more delicious adventures and you will always have the support and cheers of Clan [D.a.r.k] !

If there is anything that you need, I'll get it for you. It takes courage to post about a loss, and you've done it with your regular class and aplomb

:resp:

To the servers, and best of luck on the new toon Sil

RAWR!

:)

gogo

Bad luck man, thats terrible. If you need an officers saber or something just ask when you see me ingame and ill have a look to help you out :) They are probably level 20-30 items tho, but ive got a few level 15 seraphim sets as well if you're interested

Sil... With all due respect, mate... You really need to look at the opponent's level... and you really need to read the topics around here in darkmatters. The Tree Guardian is still bugged as hell. As are many other quests. Probably the last chance Ascaron's save itself is to solve these quests....... But that's another problem...

He was pretty close to my level. I usually play in private servers these days. Alas, I did not know that he was bugged, so I guess I really have some reading to do..

To conclude, I will say something for you only. In S1, there was a mob of enemies that was very hard. It was in where you needed to unlock the first combo master quest after clear view (it's separated on purpose). The mobs could kill pretty much any char.

Ahh yes, lost many a toon to that mob. And with the super-long reach of their weapons, I would sometimes get one hit killed by a sword halfway across the screen.

Keep in mind that Sacred 2 is made in the same way. With that stand point it's hard to lose a char... unless your are drunk :)

I post about the loss of my toons. In truth, I am more bummed about the loss of the gear. If my toon dies, it means that it was flawed in some way. In S1 I had no problem killing a level 50-100 toon that was doing well, because I did not think it was built properly. Now, I don't drink......but the kids may just push me to it....

I do hope you don't take this as utterly offensive. But you need it. Honestly.

No offense taken. You are right on all counts, Sacred 2 is more difficult for me to grasp than S1. I do have two toons in my stable that are doing quite well, but the test will be when they reach gold.

Also, today I bit the bullet and made a SC trader HE. I had a HC trader who got one hitted in the process of porting back to the island. I am rebuilding my seraphim with better starting gear(but it is so hard to find seraphim gear for some reason....lol.)

Sorry to hear about the loss of the seraphim Sil! If you need some plat level start gear just ring me up my level 4 shopper will get it for you in no time. :P

Well, I have my BFG seraphim and she is loads of fun--so I've been trying out other things. I actually had the completed (magic focus) seraphim set in my shared stash. Half was level 15 and the other level 30. I tried out a pure magic seraphim, but she was so slow to level.

I've started work on another dual-sword seraphim, but may scrap her in favor of another pistol packing mama sans BFG.

I've started work on another dual-sword seraphim, but may scrap her in favor of another pistol packing mama sans BFG.

Tell me if that works out. I used a pistol packing mamma until level 73 then finally gave up cuz teh ranged was so bugged. This was pre patch though. I've turned her into a trader :P

If you're is successful I'd like to hear how it goes. I was using Pelting strikes with the gun and it was very very VERy fast... kinda fun ^^

:P

gogo