Encumbrance (Xbox)

I'm currently playing the game (360) and was wondering if there is any way to increase my character's encumbrance level. It gets tedious having to sell (scrap items too) items to merchants at every city I come across. During my travels I kill LOTS of enemies and obtain LOTS of gear. So much that I find myself skipping battles (and valuable experience too) because I just can't carry enough. And who wants to miss out on LOOT?! lol ...please help :crazy:

No know way to increase it. You'll have to sell directly from your pack while campaigning, or go back to town to sell at higher value.

If yer getting too much loot, for pc we can switch the filter to only pick up high quality items. That may be possible on consoles?

:)

gogo

Hey there

It is possible to select to loot only higher value items... However for the ones aiming at the million gold achievement/trophy it is likely that they want to pick up and sell as much as they can.

I have finished the game twice and seen no increase in my maximum carrying weight of 169. If anyone knows how to do this, tell me! :)

Interesting... I think this is something unique to the consoles. Encumbrance? This is some sort of numerical factor that allows you to carry a certain number of items? If so do tell more. :)

In PC carrying capacity is determined by a grid of squares each piece of loot taking up some in a tetris of shapes. A sword is usually 3 tall by 1 or 4 tall by 1 for example.

Interesting... I think this is something unique to the consoles. Encumbrance? This is some sort of numerical factor that allows you to carry a certain number of items? If so do tell more. :)

We dont have what he is thinking of. Encumbering is when your movement is slowed drastically or you cant move at all because of the weight of all your items. Most WRPGs have that but these types of games dont. If we get too many items the character just simply complains and a new item cant be picked up unless its a potion we have. You guys probably dont hear it since you have the tetris backpacks on PC whereas we just have a menu.

Now the character can become "encumbered" when you equip armor at the beginning of the game or if you equip armor that is too high.

You're right Unaki

Encumbrance can mean 2 things.

1. Character is slowed down by wearing armor that is too high level

2. Character cannot carry anything else. (Basically every item has a weight. If you get to 169 total you cannot pick up anything else)

I think the OP meant the 2nd option. I am finding this annoying as well. The 169 total limit seems a bit small, give armor pieces are around 4 to 8 each.

Aaaah ok. So we have, pc, a graphical representation whereas you guys have numerical.

YUP

Usually console games will let you level up the maximum weight you can carry (like Oblivion, etc). Here it seems it's not possible.

Aaaah ok. So we have, pc, a graphical representation whereas you guys have numerical.

YUP

Usually console games will let you level up the maximum weight you can carry (like Oblivion, etc). Here it seems it's not possible.

Thats pretty much how it works because ARPGs are generally done on the PC and most use the tetris pack but that would have been clunky to implement on a console and we are left with an item limit and a scrolling list.
You're right Unaki

Encumbrance can mean 2 things.

1. Character is slowed down by wearing armor that is too high level

2. Character cannot carry anything else. (Basically every item has a weight. If you get to 169 total you cannot pick up anything else)

I think the OP meant the 2nd option. I am finding this annoying as well. The 169 total limit seems a bit small, give armor pieces are around 4 to 8 each.

Lol, I didn't consider option 1 but that is also a correct meaning of encumbrance; and it is encountered somewhat in the game considering there is a speed penalty if you try to equip higher level items. Also, let's be thankful our characters don't stop mvt altogether when they have too many items! In any case, I was referring to option 2. I've also learned that as you level up and/or contribute skill points to things like "armor lore", this negates any weight penalties of that item...but I'm not 100% sure about it. Can someone back me up? (or correct me?) Thanks :D

Lol, I didn't consider option 1 but that is also a correct meaning of encumbrance; and it is encountered somewhat in the game considering there is a speed penalty if you try to equip higher level items. Also, let's be thankful our characters don't stop mvt altogether when they have too many items! In any case, I was referring to option 2. I've also learned that as you level up and/or contribute skill points to things like "armor lore", this negates any weight penalties of that item...but I'm not 100% sure about it. Can someone back me up? (or correct me?) Thanks :D

I think the Armor Lore skill only reduces the encumbrance of the items you have equipped, not the random loot you're carrying around in your backpack, but I could be mistaken.

I've also found the "I can't carry any more" messages to come far too soon in my adventuring, but that sort of thing has always been a staple of ARPG's since the days of Diablo I, so I've mostly just resigned myself to auto-selling cheap items "in the field" and saving the expensive loot to sell once I hit a merchant.

However, I do find that the limited backpack space makes me "plan" my adventuring a bit more than I otherwise would, which actually adds a minor strategic element to the game. :4rofl: By that I mean, when I leave a town with an empty backpack, I try to use the world map to plan which direction I'll be going, and see where the nearest resurrection spire might be to where I'm headed, so if my pack fills up I can hopefully activate the pillar, warp back to a town with a portal and sell off stuff, then warp back to the newly-activated spire and keep on going.

The only time things get really frustrating is when I'm adventuring in one of the "gaps" in the spire network. There's a noticeable one of those gaps in the northwestern corner of the High Elf region, near the kobold village which includes the quest target for the Kobold Chieftain quest. I lost out on a lot of loot while finishing that quest, cuz there are a LOT of kobolds around, and they drop pretty good loot for a character around level 20. :BlobRed:

I think it would be a great addition to the console versions of the game if they could release a patch where carrying capacity was proportional to Strength, or even to a skill like Constitution or Toughness. But at the same time, the PC versions don't really have that option, given the tetris system used there. It's just frustrating, cuz console gamers are accustomed to being able to increase that maximum limit in the majority of similar games (Baldur's Gate series, Elder Scrolls series, etc.).

This is a pain. What makes it worse is that I bought Sacred 2 from Gamestop for $60 rather than from Amazon for $50 because they offered the carrier imp bonus item. The code doesn't work! Two weeks later and nothing. Blacksmithing gets expensive, so I would like to maximize my money.

I just read from a translated page in the german SIF that the Carrier Imp is not available for the consoles at the moment.

In that very same post, it says that the "Carrier Imp" will be available soon as "downloadable content" for the same price as for the PC version ($10 if I'm not mistaken).

Source (translated with Yahoo Babelfish)

Hope this helps,

Max

Edited by metal_max64
I just read from a translated page in the german SIF that the Carrier Imp is not available for the consoles at the moment.

In that very same post, it says that the "Carrier Imp" will be available soon as "downloadable content" for the same price as for the PC version ($10 if I'm not mistaken).

Source (translated with Yahoo Babelfish)

Hope this helps,

Max

Our imp codes are busted and wont work.

What's in your backpack doesn't have any detrimental effects to your toon at all. Just look at how much area/ space you have and fit everything in.

Encumbrance is the relationship tween items carried and penalties...there are none.

Wearing and using equipment however... now that's another story ^^

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting topic.

I was wondering how you actually sell in the field because what I normally do is destroy items that are worth below 1000 gold. Being able to sell cheap items in the field would be great. I'm on 360 btw. When I leave a town I usually have around 50/169 before I've even gone out looting so that tends to go within 30 mins if I choose to pick everything up which is what I've done since the start of the game. If I chose to only pick up 1 star items will it also allow me to pick up higher one's as well or just 1 star? I suppose I could do without all the non starred items but some of the rings are useful even if they aren't starred.

Cheers,

Edited by philr1
Interesting topic.

I was wondering how you actually sell in the field because what I normally do is destroy items that are worth below 1000 gold. Being able to sell cheap items in the field would be great. I'm on 360 btw. When I leave a town I usually have around 50/169 before I've even gone out looting so that tends to go within 30 mins if I choose to pick everything up which is what I've done since the start of the game. If I chose to only pick up 1 star items will it also allow me to pick up higher one's as well or just 1 star? I suppose I could do without all the non starred items but some of the rings are useful even if they aren't starred.

Cheers,

You can sell cheep things in the field, you get a reduced selling price for them but I think that it is made up by +selling price ring and ammys, im not completely sure tho havent stuck one in my gear :crazy:

And yes if you pick up one start items you pick up one star and above... and it drasticly increases your Time kiling

Interesting topic.

Cheers,

When you Scrap items in the field (which destroys them) you get money for it, albeit a lesser amount. It took me a while before I actually read the screen that said "are you sure you want to scrap this" to realize that it actually paid me for the items I scrapped. I don't know of a way to destroy items without getting some cash for it.