MP Whispering

Sometimes someone will message me from lobby when I'm in a game..and no matter how I type response I'll always get " Message could not be delivered"

syntax I'm using is /w "name" text

Yeah this happens to me too. So frustrating. I get tons of whispers and impossible to message back.

Messed up system imo

;)

bobo

Its simple and then not :

If in f-list you can whisper pops 80 % of time until error in lobby when they or you relog.

Thats the Sacred 2 chat way.

And yes most likely you cannot add peops from lobby- its sooo not working 90 % of time.

So join their game and add them on a storage char if needed- doesnt matter which char you use for that...

Right click peops in f-list to msg. Do not use console its f... up like lobby.

Edited by D-molisher

ya when you join if you don't connect to the lobby before you join a server it won't let you send/receive whispers...at least thats usually how it works for me.... and sometimes you can't join the lobby no matter how long you wait unless you logout and log back in.

I have more luck with friends list but tbh I don't have many on it.....it's too hard to keep current when you have several friends and then all of their toons. Plus you never know when they add one or lose one unless you see them in-game. And trying to whisper manually I guess just doesn't work ;)

Ya I know....

I am hard to keep in f-list

One of bad sides of killing soooo many chars. ;)

I could only use it till x-mas update, if I remember right. ( the console for chatting )

Edited by D-molisher

if someone whispers to you I think that you can right click on their message and select an option to whisper back...that would probably help if your not sure about the format. But you definitely have to be connected to the lobby to do it, which some of you have mentioned.

im not sure about that, some one whispered to me last night who wasnt on my list and I just right clicked on the message and could select whisper...worth a look tho. It may have been possible cos I was in their buddy list but I dont know ;)

Heya,

there are some issues with channel connections. You can be playing MP, while not being connected to channel. That is 80% of my whisper failure... (not that it happens much though)

the other 20% is due to some characters in player names. I hear " ... " makes whispering fail permanent for instance.

Greetz

It's so messed up. lol, this is why I never use whispering.

I just jump into the server, give a massive bear hug and run off to kill things

:P

gogo

Yup it's quicker just to look thru all the servers to see who's on than trying to go thru buddy list...I so wish they had kept it like it was in S1 :P