Hallowed Restoration V.S. Health Potion

claudius

Heya,

team-healing might be a nice experiment. See how good it gets.... Pure magic seraphim with healing instead of a shield?

Besides that... a melee or RevTech seraphim does not need really this.. it would be a waste to get the Focus for it.

Greetz

Ive found That It works very very well because of hp/regen and master healer mod I can keep it cast 100% thru any boss battle and come out with full health the whole time with only a small hit to my DPS (every 3 or 4th radiant piller or banefull smite I need to recast hallowed)

Health Pots (Red Combat Arts :drunkards:) are indeed pretty convenient...though with strange online lag, it seems to take forever sometimes to have them execute. During that time a healing buff is a confidence booster.

Good topic here, looking forward to what others have to say.

:P

gogo

For me I find that dealing with lag its easier to cast something that heals over time than to expect a health potion to work exactly when I want it to in the thick of battle. Of course im using a dryad with goldenglade touch at the moment, but its much easier than using potions in a boss fight.

I think Ive used one Pot since ive upgraded the restoration CA, and thats just because I was trying to pump the last little bit of damage into one of the dragons before he died, but he resisted my last 3 spells and my cooldown wasnt up on the spell, other than that its pretty well on all the time and I dont die.

• 4 months later...

I always use this CA with beginning seraphims. It allows you to not need health potions at the beginning of the game which is nice. On console, you have unlimited potions which take up no space.

On PC, you might not need to carry so many potions if you use this ca freeing up more space.

Between CA Switch lag to cast Hallowed or GGT, and the pot lag, which death suits me best ? I find easier to spam my spacebar , but with a lil experience and knowing some bosses patterns, you can cast HR or GGT in advance if it's used as a healing spell (or HOT spell) once in a while. Running it 24/7 is something else, and this way, it's really viable and reliable. But under the red circle of incoming death, embedding your fingerprints in the spacebar is the only way !

For sure, health pots are better for emergency use, but the spell is nice to restore hp outside combat if you want to conserve health pots and just regen your hp quicker and reduce the amount of health pots you might need in an emergency.

Why would anyone want to conserve health pots? Is there a shortage of pots in Ancaria all of a sudden? :bounce: They are everywhere, merchants sell them, fountains drop them, the entire monster corporation produces them in fearsome quantities, there are even roast joint trophies if you have Alchemy...

Hallowed Restoration is only useful as a replenishing bonus, in my opinion :woot: It does a good job at that.