Wolfe's Lair soon closing its doors

For everyone that has used her site as a reference, it will be defunct on August 31st. I copied and pasted the details below:

Gamespy (IGN) is in the process of moving over to a new data center and there are some compatibility issues so they won't be able to host gaming sites anymore! Therefore on August 31 Wolfe's Lair will no longer exist on the web!

I can't afford to pay for web hosting so I won't be able to put it back on the web on a different host either. I tried quite a few free hosts before finding Gamespy and they were incredibly unreliable so I don't want to go through that horror show again. Not to mention the fact that Wolfe's Lair has become such a HUGE site that I doubt it would all fit on any free host!

So I am sad to say that Wolfe's Lair will be saying its farewells to the Sacred Community :4rofl:

Thanks for all the support from the fans over the years, it has been a wonderful ride!!

I just sent them an email offering to act as a temporary host if necessary until they are able to find another. I'm already doing that for Pevil and I cannot imagine Wolfe's Lair requireing more than a small fraction of the storage space I have available.

I just read the news. I hope Lisa can get the hosting needed, but I'm confident she will. If anything, the Sacred community has been great supporters, and I'm sure Wolfe's Lair will make it through. Band width can get to be a pretty serious issue, and even for this site regarding the wiki, it's a constant affair for more.

:drunkards:

gogo

Can someone copy the information posted there to the Sacredwiki? Like the Empty Office guide? I'd hate to lose that....

We really dont want to just copy and paste anything from her site, She has put all her love into it and we dont just grab it for the sake of "What if", There is still more than enough time in "internet time" to sort things out, and it will be. :P

OH NO.

The first forum I was in - in old S1 times.

Before (DA) guys/ girls, lured me in clan with cake and beers.

Really sad to see it go, such nice info there.

ANyway have a chat with Jonny, we might decide to move your forum under our wings.

Edited by gogoblender

Ive talked with her for a couple hours this morning, and she is going over some options. It wont be gone guys :P

Ive talked with her for a couple hours this morning, and she is going over some options. It wont be gone guys :P

Weee - NICE - sweet - and other happy joy words.

Ive talked with her for a couple hours this morning, and she is going over some options. It wont be gone guys :pirate:

Weee - NICE - sweet - and other happy joy words.

whathesaid.gif

Its a good site. Have you considered looking for a business partner and putting advertisements in? Like gamebanshee or something?

Just thinking...out loud I guess..