To those that have played the first Sacred...

I would like to be able to enjoy this game as well, but the thing is when I look on the sacredwiki it shows 8 different classes iirc, but when I search it out on ebay, amazon, etc...it shows 2 or 3 different games. So, Im not sure which one I can get that has all 8 characters to choose from and what its called, any help would be appreciated thanks.

I would like to be able to enjoy this game as well, but the thing is when I look on the sacredwiki it shows 8 different classes iirc, but when I search it out on ebay, amazon, etc...it shows 2 or 3 different games. So, Im not sure which one I can get that has all 8 characters to choose from and what its called, any help would be appreciated thanks.

The games were original Sacred which had 6 classes. Sacred Underworld which has the original 6 plus the dwarf and the demon. And then there is Sacred Gold which is Sacred and Underworld packaged together.

Well, to play underworld you need to have sacred installed as its the expansion...its the same stuff as the original with 2 new characters, more items areas and a new campaign as well as the original campaign...so id say go with Sacred Gold cos it has both of them together

Well, to play underworld you need to have sacred installed as its the expansion...its the same stuff as the original with 2 new characters, more items areas and a new campaign as well as the original campaign...so id say go with Sacred Gold cos it has both of them together

Hm, I suppose I should have clarified better. I was referring to Sacred 1 and Sacred 2. Which of the two provides a more enjoyable experience for you? Sometimes video games are similar to movies in that the original is just plain better... :)

Um...well I enjoyed the games most for the online aspect and the only way to play closed multiplayer is with Sacred 2 as ascaron isnt hosting any closed servers for underworld anymore. Both games are alot of fun tho...I dont know if id be able to pick, especially cos I havent played underworld since getting sacred 2, but then maybe that answers your question

Obviously Sacred 2 has better graphics etc.

But I did play S1 for a little over 4 yrs...got almost 1 year into this one...If I'm still playing this in 3 years..well I guess it's Sacred 2 :gun2: There's just so much I'm still figuring out about this game

I think I'm probably having as much fun with this one as the first one. Course the first one was just the game, but with Sacred 2, we've now got this forum and wiki to play with. More features which all help with the addiction!

:gun2:

gogo

For me, each has a certain something that the other is missing.

For Sacred 2, it has spell/CA modding that some of us dreamed about in S1. There is also the shared stash--the number one request if I am correct. And of course there are the better graphics which are both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because...well...we are talking better graphics. A curse because many folks who could barely play S1 on their systems were left out in the cold on Sacred 2, or forced to upgrade. Even people who thought that they had pretty good systems were dealt the back hand of shame by Sacred 2.

And then there is the whole "it's always windy in Ancaria" thing. Leaves always blowing around, trees always swaying. I love it, but it get's on my nerves from time to time.

What S1 had was the ability to make some truly overpowered toons. S1 gave you weapons that shot fireballs or lightning bolts when you landed a hit. Add a destructive buff that is doing a bit of damage per second and you had a 4th of july display.

S1 let you use something as innocent as the ability to see farther as a weapon and/or a tool to overspawn certain areas of the map. Imagine running through an area with your buddies. He runs through first and there are five enemies. You run through and there are 30.

S1 did not have reflect damage which can be a deadly weapon. Unfortunately, Sacred 2 gave enemies just about every special ability you get.

For me, each has a certain something that the other is missing.

For Sacred 2, it has spell/CA modding that some of us dreamed about in S1. There is also the shared stash--the number one request if I am correct. And of course there are the better graphics which are both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because...well...we are talking better graphics. A curse because many folks who could barely play S1 on their systems were left out in the cold on Sacred 2, or forced to upgrade. Even people who thought that they had pretty good systems were dealt the back hand of shame by Sacred 2.

And then there is the whole "it's always windy in Ancaria" thing. Leaves always blowing around, trees always swaying. I love it, but it get's on my nerves from time to time.

What S1 had was the ability to make some truly overpowered toons. S1 gave you weapons that shot fireballs or lightning bolts when you landed a hit. Add a destructive buff that is doing a bit of damage per second and you had a 4th of july display.

S1 let you use something as innocent as the ability to see farther as a weapon and/or a tool to overspawn certain areas of the map. Imagine running through an area with your buddies. He runs through first and there are five enemies. You run through and there are 30.

S1 did not have reflect damage which can be a deadly weapon. Unfortunately, Sacred 2 gave enemies just about every special ability you get.

Fantastic response! S1 sounds like it was fairly unique... shooting fireballs when you attack is cool.

I don't suppose you can mess with spawning in certain areas in Sacred 2 using items that increase your sight as well?

For me, it mostly comes down to wat Sil said as well.

S1:

+you could play it on pretty much anything, it didn't look that horrible when you were fully zoomed out

+you could build true powerhouses

+set items were actually worth something

+classes were quite different from each other

+extremely good for levelling

-graphics got outdated

-no shared stash

-fixed Combat Arts

Sacred 2:

+looks good

+shared stash

+CA modding

+no real powerlevel places

-no real power level places

-item system is a bit bonkers, sets and uniques are way less important

-hard to learn and grasp everything (steep learning curve)

-class Combat Arts can still be quite similar to each other

-less immersive to play

I think I liked the original better.

Edited by Timotheus
Fantastic response! S1 sounds like it was fairly unique... shooting fireballs when you attack is cool.

I don't suppose you can mess with spawning in certain areas in Sacred 2 using items that increase your sight as well?

For me, in most areas Sacred 2 has an acceptable spawn rate. No need to overspawn. It may be worth it to test Sacred 2's farsight, but so far I have not seen any items with uber levels of that mod. Also, In S1 farsight extended the effective range of dagger stare allowing you to kill enemies off the screen--or at least annoy them enough to bring them to you. Sacred 2 just does not seem to have anything that would benifit from that, though it would be extremly cool if the Shadow Warrior's Reflective Emination worked like that.

I'd say sacred underworld, but that was when it still had closed net servers... online play is the only thing that can keep me in a game over time, now only open net is available in underworld so if I were you I would buy sacred 2.

my reason is simply that sacred 2 gets boring ( in my opinion) when it takes so much time to level compared to sacred underworld.

200 levels and it takes forever to get 60 ;) and when nothing... ''new'' comes after 65 it gets pretty lame.