Sacred 2 Player Questionnaire - Part Two

The Major DarkMatters Sacred 2 Poll PART TWO  

101 members have voted

1. 1. 6. Why do you like that area? (you can select more than one answer)

• it?s absolutely beautiful
    • it is well populated
    • it suits my favorite char perfectly
    • it is diverse and it never gets boring
  2. 2. 7. Which is your LEAST favorite area?

• Elven lands
    • Human lands
    • Orc lands
    • Seraphim Isle
    • Swamp
    • Desert
    • Jungle
    • Wastelands
  3. 3. 8. Why do you dislike that area? (you can select more than one answer)

• it isn?t well populated
    • the mobs there are a pain in the ?.
    • it doesn?t suit my favorite char
    • it?s absolutely ugly! Who designed it?!
  4. 4. 9. What kind of area would you like to see added?

• a futuristic one ? Sacred 1 had the Babylon 5 ship, right?
    • a labyrinth-style one
    • an area based on a certain holiday theme
    • I don?t mind how the area looks like, as long as it?s tightly packed with mobs!
  5. 5. 10. What would you like to see in future Sacred 2 THE MOST?

• more detailed character textures
    • more and diverse areas
    • more items, collectables and quests
    • better populated areas to suit AoE builds
    • a proper and balanced PvP system with special regards to hardcore chars
    • better balance of certain character combat art trees
    • better balance or addition of certain character skills
    • make the male characters look tougher
    • further improve the female characters? um? innate qualities?
    • just fix all the bugs and I?ll be just fine with the game as it is!!!

We would like to thank you for the time you took to answer all the poll's questions. We are certain that your contribution will be most helpful to both the players and the development team. Your answers will help all of us determine the basic needs of the regular player.

Please feel free to comment on the poll, make suggestions, propose additions, whatever you feel that will contribute to making Sacred 2 a better game, and a better place for all of us.

I would like to tell you that in addition to the poll, there will be a post with an open questionnaire, which is completely voluntary. In that questionnaire we will discuss the finer points of the game, various aspects of it, etc. I am confident you will find it a nice place to voice your opinion.

I would also like to ask you to keep on topic - at least here. It will be very important to both players, and developers to find the information they need quickly, rather than having to peruse through pages of unnecessary posts.

Thank you, friends!

Edited by gogoblender

Hello again, friends :P

As promised, this is the post with the voluntary questionnaire. I have tried to ask the most serious questions regarding this game and it's improvement. Feel free to answer, comment on them and make suggestions. I am confident that our voice will not be "a voice in a desert" - I am certain that any REASONABLE suggestions people make here will be considered, and with any luck, we may all contribute to this fine game that has brought all of us together.

Please read through the following basic questions:

What would you like to see improved in the current Sacred 2 characters? Should all characters with caster trees be backed up with ancient magic or they should be left as they are – for support/utility purposes?

What do you think about the party option Sacred 2 provides? Is a 5-man party enough or parties should be bigger (like 8-10 people)?

Do you think that Light chars should be able to team up with Dark chars in Free Play?

Would you like to see new items – like various star trek phasers, living items that would increase/decrease their abilities based on slain mobs/bosses, etc.? Do you have any suggestions?

Would you like to have super-bosses that could only be killed by a powerful 5-man party? Or maybe even tougher parties?

Would you like to have some additional events? If yes, what sort of events?

Do you think that events should persist to accommodate people who have missed them, or there should be more events that should change periodically according to the real world time?

What else do you think may make this game even better?

Once again, we would like to thank you for your time!

Edited by Dobri

I don't like the Inquisitor because I don't like to play the evil side of a game and the Inquisitor is the only one that does not have a non-evil aspect.

Not being able to party with evil characters if desired would also be a part of my decision.

I would like to see the following:

1. All bugs fixed once and for all,
  2. New areas that add a different aspect to the game,
  3. A new character or two ... or more ... and/or
  4. Customizable characters.

Since I could only chose one, I felt the need to post additional information.

Thank you for your reply. I want to explain the last question a little. It is very important to give PRECISE information to the developers. If I had made the last question with a multi-answer, what would stop a person to select ALL answers and thus give a pretty imprecise impression to the people who analyze it?

That's why we have a secondary (voluntary) questionnaire, to help the discussion of the questions that were not asked in the poll.

Thank you for your understanding.

Would've wanted an "It's too linear" option to least favourite area. Which for me was seraphim island. Or maybe a "Too little content (quests and such)" option.. or something like that :P

Edited by Scarecroww

I had a hard time with a couple choices. I had to choose Inquisitor as my least fav only because I spent a little time with him and just didn't enjoy the time. That's not to say that if I were to give him a proper chance I would keep that opinion, who knows!?

I also had a hard time with the regions because I hadn't been to the Dryad Island or the Wastes yet but I went ahead and chose the Elven Lands. They're just so durn pretty! I love Thylysium too, a lot more than Griffinborough. I find the greens greener and the towns more pleasant. It also houses the starting areas for each character so it holds a special place in my gamer heart :)

What would you like to see improved in the current Sacred 2 characters? Should all characters with caster trees be backed up with ancient magic or they should be left as they are – for support/utility purposes?

I like the characters the way they are. However, it would be cool see the hand to hand combat weapon lore I've seen people talk about from Sacred 1.

What do you think about the party option Sacred 2 provides? Is a 5-man party enough or parties should be bigger (like 8-10 people)?

I think the 5 man party is not enough. It would be very nice if a 5 man party could invite another 5 man party. That way we could have a 10 man party. I don't like having limits on party members. If the server can hold 16 people, all 16 people should be able to party together.

Do you think that Light chars should be able to team up with Dark chars in Free Play?

Yes, Yes, Yes. Not being able to party together doesn't make any sense to me. It would make the game better if everyone could team up.

Would you like to see new items – like various star trek phasers, living items that would increase/decrease their abilities based on slain mobs/bosses, etc.? Do you have any suggestions?

I'm satisfied with the weapons now. Unless they added hand to hand combat. Then I would like to see some cool street fighter vega style claws or something close.

Would you like to have super-bosses that could only be killed by a powerful 5-man party? Or maybe even tougher parties?

YES YES YES. This would make the multiplayer aspect of the game 1,000 times better. This is the single most wanted addition I can possibly think of.

Are there any events in this game? I'm not sure I understand the question. If you are talking about the old christmas quest I didn't really consider that an event.

Do you think that events should persist to accommodate people who have missed them, or there should be more events that should change periodically according to the real world time?

This is not something I really care about so it doesn't matter to me either way. Any new content is always nice though.

Make playing in a party worth it. Right now we are penalized for teaming up and playing together. I like the fact that you can solo all the way to level 200, but I want to play together with friends more than playing solo.

I had a hard time with a couple choices. I had to choose Inquisitor as my least fav only because I spent a little time with him and just didn't enjoy the time. That's not to say that if I were to give him a proper chance I would keep that opinion, who knows!?

I also had a hard time with the regions because I hadn't been to the Dryad Island or the Wastes yet but I went ahead and chose the Elven Lands. They're just so durn pretty! I love Thylysium too, a lot more than Griffinborough. I find the greens greener and the towns more pleasant. It also houses the starting areas for each character so it holds a special place in my gamer heart :)

I'd think that, if the brute Shadow Warrior has enough magical finesse to use Ancient Magic, at least a Seraphim and Inquisitor should too. Temple Guardians are the exception in my opinion since they're self-aware robots, although I could easily forgive the allowance of AM on a TG too :)

5-man parties!:) Console players are stuck with 4-man parties and, I believe, only 4 people connected per game. Maybe PvP is an exception but I've never done PvP nor had any interest in it, with Survival bonus and all hehe.

Yes. Since Free-World mode doesn't have campaign quests, the chosen path shouldn't matter in my opinion. It would make it easier for people to mingle, being able to choose which ever character they so desire.

I'd love to see new creative items, not branded items like lightsabers and phasers that people associate with other games/stories. I think having a weapon or gear that is "alive" and changes stats based on kills is a neat concept, but it could be easy to accidentally make said item too powerful and rid the need for any other item, therefor lessening the value of all the other great top-tier items.

I personally like seeing unique-looking items. A lot of set items have lookalikes currently that, in my opinion, lower the desirability of the set items other than their stats and bonuses. I want a set of armor that is like no other lesser armor in the game, ya know? Like a King's armor or sword in stories such as Lord of the Rings. King Theoden of Rohan had a sword named Herugrim. His sword had a name! That implies that it is a unique sword that could be recognized as King Theoden's sword only. Same goes for his armor. I would think that Armantin's Legacy would look like no other armor in the world of Ancaria. Granted it has a slightly different coat of paint on it, but it's no different looking than a lot of other armor I've run across that I've just discarded. Aside from having legendary stats, legendary items need to have a cosmetic appeal as well. Look at Bergonix' Judge. That is totally awesome! We need more of that stuff! Weapon set items are just as awesome as armor sets!

All that being said, I like how there are a ton of items to be had in Sacred 2. 2 swords that look alike can be totally different because of blacksmith mods. That customization is super neato and I wouldn't part with it for the world (Ancaria that is).

Yeah! That's always fun! Just make it feasible on both console and PC please! Also, I'd hope Ascaron would stick with the current drop system and not make a big super boss drop specific items. Maybe just drop more items than a normal boss :)

Well seeing as I'm on console, we don't really have events. I know people have run console events here and there but they're not as common as on the PC side of things. I'd love to have events but I think that really depends on our own efforts, not Ascaron's.

Now if you mean events like built-in holiday events and the like, that would also be more than welcome. I know there's a "Christmas Island" but I'm not sure it exists on the console version. Anyway, things like that are always fun and welcome to me!

I think event persistence is something that could be taken on a case-by-case basis. I don't think that most events should just hang around for the people that missed the deadline. Just make events fairly common and it won't be an issue for those with a strict schedule. I also am a fan of real world time events. I only make it to a few normally but they're usually pretty neato in my experience with other games.

Expansions are always neat, as it gives the developers a chance to fix some bugs along with adding new awesome content. I like the chance to try out a new character and new areas of a world. Other than that I've already mentioned, above, the things that I'd like to see so I think that's about it. Wait...console bug fixes, namely the blacksmith skill being totally broken and useless (mentioned a million times here on the boards, I know). I know bug fixes are always being worked on so it's just a waiting game now ;)

Edited by nilihanth

Well, I did ask the questions, so it's only fair that I should answer them as well :)

I would also like character customization. Seeing the same toon over and over in the various replays takes out most of the fun. In addition to that, I think that several skills are vastly under or overrated and should be either rebalanced or put in first part of the build trees. Clear examples are:

- Ancient Magic - The Seraphim are supposed to be the wisest and the most advanced of them all, but they know nothing about Ancient Magic? Come on.

- Alchemy - I wonder if anyone picks this skill at all. It a 1st tier skill for the Dryad and 2nd tier for everyone else. Keeping in mind that few people take utility skills unless they're making a clear utility build, alchemy is easily left out. I think it should either be made available to most chars or it should be made even more tempting to waste 1 utility skill pick to obtain it.

OH, And I forgot ;) EDIT:

I want a better TG portrait. Looking at it as it is, it looks like a dog that has just got his bone stolen.

It is always fun to team up with a lot of people. It also makes the party buffer classes - like the BUffer SW and the Buffer TG, as well as some other chars that share a part of their buff with the party - much more enjoyable to play. I made the Buffer SW build (and the char itself) with that idea in mind just to find that party play is a moot in Sacred 2 and everyone feels just fine doing it solo. I must say I do not enjoy a lot an ONLINE game which does not provide a healthy and fun team play. I could just play something in Single player if that is the case...

That's why I would really enjoy having a, say, 8-person party play with better XP cutoffs. It would be much more fun, and besides, watching a bunch of people steamrolling various champions, bosses, and such is just great. And being a part of it is even better.

Many people complain about that. Free play is just that - FREE PLAY. So what's FREE about not being able to team up with Dark chars? Nothing :)

I actually came up with the idea of living items just yesterday. Why not make a unique sword that would improve its +% attack value mod by 1% for each, say, 1000 mobs killed? Is it so hard? Besides, it would also make for a nice change.

There are already various blasters and lightsabers. Why not put a conventional star trek phaser and give the trekkies something to enjoy?

Now that would promote the party play quite a lot. Many online games have such a feature. Besides, programming, drawing up and animating 1-2 such bosses doesn't seem like more than 200MB of extra work, provided they will most certainly use pre-existent skills.

I used the word "events" in its broad meaning. I would certainly like to see various yearly events with different prizes. Christmas island is nice, Easter is nice... How about The Big Summer Head Bashing (killing mobs in an area yield some simple rewards, collectables, etc during the summer)? Or The Great Roll in the Fall (maybe another killing event with different rewards)? After that, why not make a Halloween theme (the ghosts of your dead toons come to life for a week, maybe add some collectables, various masks, suits, etc.) before the circle end with the Christmas quest again?

That really gives a player something to distract him from the grinding, questing, etc.

Persist permanently - not exactly, but if there are yearly events, it would be prudent for them to remain for like 3 months before the next one. That's 4x3 months of events which should be fun for everyone.

I can go on forever here... So I won't :)

Edited by Dobri

To start, one of the greatest thing about the Sacred series is that there are so many possibilities with every character. I do not think it is necessary for the Seraphim or Inquisitor to gain Ancient Magic (even if it doesn't make sense that the oldest character doesn't have ANCIENT Magic :)). There have been caster builds on both of these characters, they may not be the easiest builds, but they can be done even without Ancient Magic.

First off, it sucks getting penalized to party up with others! When we party together we should get more items more experience...simply more of everything, not less and less and less...it sucks this way, where is the value? I think parties should be able to be bigger just to have the option because Sacred has a pretty tight knit community and people tend to play with the same people often, but maybe being able to incorporate others into that common group of friends would be nice so that we can have an even bigger party...and it would allow for even more fun at events such as the Kami! Would love to see one big party rather than having to make groups and dividing the event up...

Simply, yes! In FREE Play it should be allowed, obviously not in the campaign because the two characters are working for different goals, but in Free Play, the two sides are working for the same goal, to become more powerful and to gain more equipment, so why not let em team up?

I think the living items would be a very cool addition (maybe you could only find this 'living' trait on legendaries? Or maybe it would be a trait of ALL legendaries...hence 'legendary'!) So yes I think the living item is an awesome idea! I'm not too crazed about any memorabilia, but if others want them I don't see why not since Star Wars fans got light sabers...

I think this would be a great addition as well...obviously this is dipping into the MMO realm, but I think if we make it so people can have bigger parties it would encourage us to fight these big bosses and would tighten the community even more...give us another thing to do at Kamis! And I always did like the feeling of needing someone else to help me out rather than just being able to beat everything on my own! Obviously these super-bosses would have to be activated by quest and could not be part of the campaign...just a side thing really.

I'm one of those people who will do the Xmas quest once and that is enough for me...So no I do not really care for more 'events'; rather see more of other things and less bugs ;).

Once again I think if people are intrigued by the one event and so hooked on it that they want it year round that they might be missing a lot the game has to offer...so I'm not too event crazy...

Less bugs, more content (quests, areas, monsters, items, the works!) I know that is asking for a lot...but, baby steps. Just don't get too carried away and add a myriad of bugs thus sacrificing playability for content...we don't want that.

Hope this helps,

StiCk_eM

Edited by StiCk_eM
  • 4 weeks later...

First, the correction of the bugs (Better Yields, Renik's End and other buggy missions). The worst bug is the bug in the final mission. I killed 2 Nameless Guardians and the other did not act at all. I found an explanation telling about a bug if a Nameless Guardian is killed outside of the inner core of the machine.

Second: The support, it does not exist. I wrote about the bugs to two emails in July/11th. One (I guess is Ascaron) did not answer and the other answered asking info not relevant (DxDiag info). I answered the last and they answered me they do not give support to my because it was purchased at the USA and they ONLY give support to Sacred 2 purchased at UK. :(:)

Third: Stupid companions. NPC's that you must guide but that are completely stupids and go directly to the enemies. These NPC's are killed very easily and you fail your mission. These NPC's are frustating, infuriating and make the game a pain instead of a pleasure.

I have enough work managing my own character :blink:

Not at all, it seams like politicians allies :D

I would like a greater variety and quantity of special items. I like a lot the exploring and founding of surprises. The humour is one of the better parts of the game, more quotes, jokes, bizarre missions (the best is the dragon in the basement) and easter egg's.

I would not like any material out of environment or out of age (I think the age of the game is medieval) like "phasers" or cars or planes.

No, I like to play alone.

As I said, I like to play alone.

Same as previous answer.

Better quality (the game is very good but the bugs are a pain) and direct customer support from the creators. I think the creators manage the game as their creature (almost their child) but others act like mercenaries (only for the money)

Edited by aragorn
  • 2 weeks later...

imo.. I love the game as is. there are some things I would like to add as a sp/non-internet/console player and that would be 1.make update content avaliable. 2.more characters (like bringing dwarf from s1) and from what I heard is they are giving a dragon-like toon to the next expantion. which of course I most likly never get to play. 3. more mini-bosses 4.more chainquests. and 5. the most important thing for console players is randomly-generated doungeons.... after playing the game through bronze/silver ect... like I said Imo it would give us non-internet fans more gameplay. there are alot of things I would like to ask some of the people that made this game, but thats for onother time...

p.s. great game .. will always keep playing

[What would you like to see improved in the current Sacred 2 characters? Should all characters with caster trees be backed up with ancient magic or they should be left as they are – for support/utility purposes?

All classes except the TG are getting Ancient Magic.

Larger parties & not segregated into Light/Shadow.

Yup.

Yup & no (unfortunately).

Bosses/dungeons that require parties? Probably not, due to Sacred's SP heritage, though I would like tougher mobs.

Not sure, but probably yes.

Both, make them longer (eg, several weeks for the Xmas isle), but not where they last until the next patch.

Rampaging hordes of Halberd-wielding Llamas. You know you want them too. :)

Hello again, friends :4rofl:

As promised, this is the post with the voluntary questionnaire. I have tried to ask the most serious questions regarding this game and it's improvement. Feel free to answer, comment on them and make suggestions. I am confident that our voice will not be "a voice in a desert" - I am certain that any REASONABLE suggestions people make here will be considered, and with any luck, we may all contribute to this fine game that has brought all of us together.

Please read through the following basic questions:

Once again, we would like to thank you for your time!

Uhm basicly I think chars are ok, exept riding TG. He soo need horse CA fixed.

I would like 16 man partys, good / evil patying. And penalty removed from party xp.

Also some super bosses only killable for 5 man partys or bigger ones, and a party area, with super duper insane spawn rate.

And I soo would like bugged quests fixed or totally removed from game.

Especially the Holdup quests kill so many new players in free games.

I soo like this game, even with stupid bugs.

And uhm I think I passed 300 killed chars - wee I give jubilee beers in bar ;)

Also some super bosses only killable for 5 man partys or bigger ones :Just_Cuz_21:

In the new area is a quest(takes me 1 hours to finish as astral-sw). Very strong monsters (they killed Nlovae with level 197) and a BIGBOSS :) This quest/boss must be a lot of fun in a party :)

(all niobplayers: install the addon after release in your country and export your toon. Do this quest the first time in Lan!)

I totally agree whith Chrona. The character of my daughter nearly got killed there. If it is the same place I am thinking off: second wave of enemies at a certain quest. Looked like x% life leech ranged combat art, spawn delay (AddOn has it, or our computer is too slow), and then they fired a near synchron salvo.

6 shots, 5 reflected or blocked (ShieldMaiden build, with crystal skin and expulse magic !)

1 came through and robbed nearly half her hitpoints.

No mitigation, no resistances are working on this damage type.

Hitpoints and even more Hitpoints and block/reflect CA have to be considered as very important now. Too late for my horse-dragonmage who was planed for the mitigation approach. And since I have only 20-30 minutes each day to play this autumn, I won't restart.

At least I modified one buff for CA-block, rest has to come with sockets and specially chosen equipment for this area.