Guild Wars 2 Trailer Premiere!

The final profession has been leaked : it will be the Mesmer.

The official reveal will be this Wednesday.

Max

ahhh, the strategy build that annoys, confuses, confounds and frustrates others! :4rofl: A lot of my friends loved this class from GW1

:)

gogo

Mesmer hey? Sounds interesting...

So that's the 5 original professions plus Engineer, Thief & Guardian (yes, I have been ignoring GW2 for several years).

Edit: Apart from the Monk...

They're all new to me! But only because I've never played GW before.

I was waiting for a video of skills for this last class, thanks for link Max, I just tracked it down on Youtube here to embed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-wPHRE-z54

I know Mesmer was the most strategic of all the classes, illusion, misdirection, interrupter, and after seeing this, I'm thinking Guardian's for me!

Love the classes play with energy and hits, go go Guardian!

:viking:

gogo

And an excellent news : The Closed Beta test starts tomorrow (Dec. 16)!

Here's a link : LINK

So this means the game should come out in a few months (hope in March).

Max

And an excellent news : The Closed Beta test starts tomorrow (Dec. 16)!

Here's a link : LINK

So this means the game should come out in a few months (hope in March).

Max

zomgod, wow!

nooooooooo, yes/no/yes/no/yes/no... dunno what to do!

:oooo:

gogo

I'm just speculating, but it would be a huge marketing trick if Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 would be released on the same day. And the company that would sell the most during the first day could be offering a little something in-game to the players.

I think that would be fun.

Max

• 1 month later...

Year of the Dragon

Soooo - it seems that open beta is starting soon! In the blog

... and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.

I think we can put together "Year of the Dragon" as release year (stated 2012) and perhaps "Month of the Dragon" as May.

Release date: May 2012:) :tomato::whistle:

Year of the Dragon

Soooo - it seems that open beta is starting soon! In the blog

... and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.

I think we can put together "Year of the Dragon" as release year (stated 2012) and perhaps "Month of the Dragon" as May.

Release date: May 2012:) :tomato::whistle:

Have you been spending too much time in the Chinese restaurant again ? :chef:

Heh, as a matter of fact, yes... :) but not that it would help with the Chinese calendar clues... I just thought that there "might" be a month of the dragon, and it so happens that it's May - which follows April and also "later in the year", so I thought I'd postulate a little...

One thing I miss very much about the Chinese take-out in the UK is the crispy lamb! Don't get that here in SA (or nowhere I've been).

Heh, as a matter of fact, yes... :) but not that it would help with the Chinese calendar clues... I just thought that there "might" be a month of the dragon, and it so happens that it's May - which follows April and also "later in the year", so I thought I'd postulate a little...

One thing I miss very much about the Chinese take-out in the UK is the crispy lamb! Don't get that here in SA (or nowhere I've been).

I'm a little off topic here, but SCLEAMETH LOVE YOUR NEW SIG!

:bounce:

lol, big STNG fan here, and that episode is Ace!

gogo

gogo

Heh - thanks, but almost time to drop the Christmas lights...

PS. did you know my sig is "clickable"? ^^

gogo

Heh - thanks, but almost time to drop the Christmas lights...

PS. did you know my sig is "clickable"? ^^

Darn, I can't check that out on my work pc.

* checks wall clock for home time*

"Go second hand, go !"

• 4 weeks later...

Juicy new info on WvW battle!

Sounds like a ton of fun! I think for once I might actually play PvP (and love it!) ! :cow_white:

EDIT: and we need a link of course...

EDIT EDIT: Just one thing that's odd about this blog entry - it was a kinda boasting point that anyone would be able to level from 1 to max purely by playing WvW, but now it seems that everyone is going to be level adjusted to 80... not a totally bad thing and not that I was planning on purely playing WvW from scratch... just a thought. Perhaps beta testing revealed that having a level 1 character mobbed by high level NPCs\players just turned out to be zero fun - especially if, IMO, large groups of high level players might go hunting for Orbs of Power early on leaving the low level characters back at home base where they're supposed to level up, but ending up facing these mobs with little resistance to offer.

Edited by Scleameth

That was great Max. I loved the PC Gamer write up...Controlled Chaos^^ Course, this means that all party members will have to be capable of those quick, last minute decisions, no more blaming just the healer!

:4rofl:

gogo

So the closed beta happened last weekend, and here's a topic with all the reports and videos from the Beta :

LINK

And here's two videos I really enjoyed watching :

Mesmer gameplay (8 mins):

And general game experience (21 mins) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SMYW3tvYeE&feature=player_embedded

Max

oohh - just can't wait for this game to be released!

Tempted as I am to sign my name to possible beta testing - I'm gonna stay celibate and wait for release.

But public beta arrived faster than I thought, which is good, yes? Still on track perhaps for my predicted May (month of the dragon) release...

But all these beta videos is confusing, up until about Monday afternoon, I was convinced that my first character would be a Guardian, but oooohhh the ranger looks good, but just look at all the cool stuff the mesmer can do! Wow, the engineer certainly looks like a handy guy to have around... choices choices...

oohh - just can't wait for this game to be released!

Tempted as I am to sign my name to possible beta testing - I'm gonna stay celibate and wait for release.

But public beta arrived faster than I thought, which is good, yes? Still on track perhaps for my predicted May (month of the dragon) release...

But all these beta videos is confusing, up until about Monday afternoon, I was convinced that my first character would be a Guardian, but oooohhh the ranger looks good, but just look at all the cool stuff the mesmer can do! Wow, the engineer certainly looks like a handy guy to have around... choices choices...

Im looking at it as a (if I get in) free way to try the game before I buy it. I never played the original or any other mmorpg type game like this and so it would give me a chance to get a feel for it.

it's looking super detailed, complete, I'd expect nothing better from Arena Net. Guild Emblem Designs!

gogo

p.s. DB and Max, crossing me fingers for your guys getting into beta!