CDV and the current state of Sacred 2 in its distribution area

The following was just posted on the SIF from a representative from CDV.

... and your still wonderng why your registration was not accepted/revoked at the cdv forums before you had a chance to "speculate" and flame cdv until you hear exactly what you want?

1) Ascaron went belly up and announced it here before even telling it's publishers, just like the broken patches they released without our knowlege, before we had a chance to even test some of them, and basically keep us in the dark on the status of this game from day one. Heck, we found out from these forums that Ascaron filed for protection!

2) Some of the cdv staff members tried posting here before the release of Sacred 2 on the PC, but because we found bugs in the game, and did not want the U.S players to have to download a huge patch on the day of release like the purchasers of the EU version, we held the game back for a month (because we did care), and our staff was flamed over and over again here, while the Ascaron staff sat by and let one of it's publishers get trashed in their own forums!

3) We have not seen this expansion, have not been given any information on the status of Sacred 2 from Deep Silver/Koch Media, thus why would we speculate about what we do not know, and just feed the trolls?

You talk about respect Shagsbeard? Re-read some of your posts about me and cdv. I'm sure you would have a different opinion if we were in the same room together instead of on a forum, where you do not have to look the person in the face when you "speculate" and talk trash about their job and being "incompetent".

Once again... Until cdv has any information about the status of Sacred 2 or any expansions, I will not speculate or guess what comes next for Sacred 2, thus causing more "crystal ball" predictions.

Edit: here is a link to the discussion: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=65232

Edited by Ansgar

And here is my response to the first post and a following reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansgar

Well said.

You did not have to respond to this inflammatory speculation but you chose to do so with the highest level of professionalism and repsect for others.

Thank you for sharing with us again the current state of Sacred 2 in North America.

Not all of us agree with the harsh things that have been said here and elsewhere.

I hope that things work out in such a way that you can bring us the expansion or any future patches to this game that we love (on PC and console as well).

Thank you again.

Thank you for being understanding!

I have been in the PC gaming industry since 1989 and it amazes me how some people who are not in this industry believe they know more then the people that have been working in this profession for many years!

I can also understand people get frustrated when they do not get the answers that they want to hear, but at some point they need to sit back, take a deep breath, and reconsider before making accusations of someone "hiding" something from them to "personally" hurt them!

Anyhow, as a hardcore gamer for over 46 years (25 on the PC) I respect the game industry and have never seen the perfect game that makes everyone happy, and never will, but because everyone at cdv loves games and what we do, all of us just have to wait to see what becomes of Sacred 2 after all the misfortunes of this game... just like what's happened to hundreds of other games in the past. Hopefully the next time I post here I will have some information of the status and future of the series.

Von

Good god, budspencer and shags really don't know what they're talking about.

I just had to make a post there. Probably shouldn't have. :)

budspencer, you need to read both Von's and r00's posts. These are the only posts that really make sense in this constant ranting, b****ing and moaning. And they contain the info you want to know.

CDV is (at the moment) completely out of the picture, and pretty much at a similar level as us.

Deep Silver & CDV are both publishers. Think of it as manufacturers of soft drinks. You don't see Coca Cola sharing their factories with Pepsi, do you?

Deep Silver holds the rights on the expansion right now, and CDV just has to wait and see whether Deep Silver wants to give them a slice of that cake.

Deep Silver will not disclose information unless they want to share the market for the expansion. There's no point to sharing info to a competing company which (as the situation currently stands) has no business regarding the subject. It takes Deep Silver time and energy without any profit from it, hence CDV is left in the dark.

That's it. Nothing left to argue about, or blame CDV for.

So stop with this completely useless discussion and dragging CDV through the mud.

And here is my response to the first post and a following reply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansgar

Well said.

You did not have to respond to this inflammatory speculation but you chose to do so with the highest level of professionalism and repsect for others.

Thank you for sharing with us again the current state of Sacred 2 in North America.

Not all of us agree with the harsh things that have been said here and elsewhere.

I hope that things work out in such a way that you can bring us the expansion or any future patches to this game that we love (on PC and console as well).

Thank you again.

Thank you for being understanding!

I have been in the PC gaming industry since 1989 and it amazes me how some people who are not in this industry believe they know more then the people that have been working in this profession for many years!

I can also understand people get frustrated when they do not get the answers that they want to hear, but at some point they need to sit back, take a deep breath, and reconsider before making accusations of someone "hiding" something from them to "personally" hurt them!

Anyhow, as a hardcore gamer for over 46 years (25 on the PC) I respect the game industry and have never seen the perfect game that makes everyone happy, and never will, but because everyone at cdv loves games and what we do, all of us just have to wait to see what becomes of Sacred 2 after all the misfortunes of this game... just like what's happened to hundreds of other games in the past. Hopefully the next time I post here I will have some information of the status and future of the series.

Von

Just out of curiosity, and with all respect due, what kind of hardcore gaming were you doing 46 years ago?

We were the first on the block to get PONG in the early 70's and I bought the first Nintendo system when it came out and have been a hardcore console gamer ever since.

Were you one of the first privileged ones that actually gamed on a college mainframe in the early 60's? If so then I'm jealous!

Just out of curiosity, and with all respect due, what kind of hardcore gaming were you doing 46 years ago?

We were the first on the block to get PONG in the early 70's and I bought the first Nintendo system when it came out and have been a hardcore console gamer ever since.

Were you one of the first privileged ones that actually gamed on a college mainframe in the early 60's? If so then I'm jealous!

The quoted answer included is from Von, Ans didn't separate the posts. So my bet is that Ansgar can't answer that for you :4rofl:

The quoted answer included is from Von, Ans didn't separate the posts. So my bet is that Ansgar can't answer that for you :4rofl:

Ooops, my bad! I guess that I couldn't seperate who was who!

I wrote computer games on an IBM Mainframe from about 1974 until 1976, does that count for anything?

I wrote computer games on an IBM Mainframe from about 1974 until 1976, does that count for anything?

Absolutely! My hat's off to you. *sigh* I remember that my first computer had a 60 MEGABYTE hard drive and I upgraded it to a 100 Meg drive for a couple of hundred dollars. lol

The only computer games that I played to death was Starcraft and it's expansions and Baldurs Gate 2 and it's expansion.

I figured that I already had a TV so I went the way of the console.

I guess that hardcore held a different meaning back then!

Edited by stephentheheathen

Rogue, Hack , Nethack, Moria, Angband, Tome, Adom, ....

I knew that I played too much nethack, when I start to shiver when I read an email like D@gmx.de - left a Dragon, then the player @, right a golem a mintotaur a xorn , an empty space and a flloating eye, help

My first was a used Siemens 65, similiar to the Rockwell AIM 65, but in a hardcase. 16KILObyte Ram, a 20 digit alpahnumeric LED display, a thermoprinter like the one from a supermarket, and a casette recorder as mass storage. I worked whole summerbreaks to get the money for it.

The machine still exists and is working, used as an interface for the knitting machine my daughters use. Learned assembler programming on it.

When I studied 1 year before I was drafted to army, we had Cyber 176(?) at university. 56 Bit machine. The Fortran manual was 900 pages and in an unknown language named english. 1000 Pages for the NAG mathematical library, and most important, 300 pages of an error manual where all the known compiler bugs were mentioned.

I liked the post mortem dumps I got when the program failed. And I cursed the old Honeywell terminals because I was never able to see if I typed a O or an 0, looked same on the monitor. And I was forced to learn 10 finger typing at school, using shift-o for the 0. I needed a year to stop my old habits, ... good old times.

Edited by chattius
... my first computer had a 60 MEGABYTE hard drive ...

My first desktop PC in 1977 had a whopping 48 KB RAM and dual 140 KB 5¼" Floppies!

My first "computer" was an HP-65 purchased about 1975. I still have it and it still works.

Edited by Spock
All I have to say on that thread on SIF: I hope those trolls don't come here.

That's the only thing that drove me away from SIF.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

There's a fine line between trolls and passionate fans methinks. I've made a couple of posts in that thread myself, trying to be a voice of reason. Personally I feel kinda sorry for CDV, they seem to be caught in the middle of a communications breakdown and I know how annoying those can be.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

There's a fine line between trolls and passionate fans methinks. I've made a couple of posts in that thread myself, trying to be a voice of reason. Personally I feel kinda sorry for CDV, they seem to be caught in the middle of a communications breakdown and I know how annoying those can be.

Passoniate Fans don't keep flaming a thread just cuz the game isn't released earlier or information given if the expansion will be released or not.

They just wait till the game comes and buy it to support there favorite game devs.

Passoniate Fans don't pester the poor managers of CDV etc. to give more information in the extent that those pull their hair out of frustration..

Passoniate Fans will just take the answer they get (which they got from the CDV manager) and just wait what comes.

Passoniate Fans would never stop loving a franchise, in that thread some people "threatend" to stop buying products from a certain publicers.

I really don't think we found ONLY (=> only stands for: there were passoniate fans but not all) passoniate fans in that thread....

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras
Passoniate Fans don't keep flaming a thread just cuz the game isn't realeased earlier or information give if the expansion will be released or not.

They just till the game comes and buy it to support there favorite game devs.

Passoniate Fans don't pester the poor managers of CDV etc. to give more information in the extent that those pull their hair out of frustration..

Passoniate Fans will just take the answer they get (which they got from the CDV manager) and just wait what comes.

Passoniate Fans would never stop loving a franchise, in that thread some people "threatend" to stop buying products from a certain publicers.

I really don't think we found ONLY (=> only stands for: there were passoniate fans but not all) passoniate fans in that thread....

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

:Just_Cuz_21:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Passoniate Fans don't keep flaming a thread just cuz the game isn't released earlier or information given if the expansion will be released or not.

They just wait till the game comes and buy it to support there favorite game devs.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Very true Chareos, very true.

I guess I try to look at things from both points of view. On one side I can see where CDV is coming from and understand their frustration, on the other side I can also understand the fans frustration. There were two posters in that thread whom I suspect are trolls, both of which behaved in the manner you outlined. Out of those two, one was really behaving badly, the other was just stirring the pot. The rest, well to me they just came across as passionate fans and I can't judge them because I can be just as passionate on occasion.

Hopefully all this uproar will die down once Deep Silver communicates their intentions with the community. Right now the lack of communication from Deep Silver is helping to fuel the frustration.

Regards

Raven

Well, as I posted in the OF, I was glad to have been away from the forums while most of that garbage was being thrown around. And seeing all the idiotic things being said about CDV and Bill, I'm sure I would have overstepped a lot of foum rules. Some of those people over there really get on my nerves.

good times! :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Bravo

Very well said mate

:whistle:

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. You summed up the way I feel about the game. I was here in all the way five years ago. Sacred was my first MP game ever, and I'm determined to last it out to the end.

p.s.s. I also realize this is the game I'm a true fan about. Doesn't everyone deserve one? :D

p.s.s Raventiger, it was your post that made a stand for some class in that thread in SIF. Nice one +++