I'm baaack... sorta

Helllooo everybody! Been gone a while, offline for a few months... long story short: bought a trailer, had wiring issues, took forever to get fixed (read: No Internet! *GASP*). All is well now though, and I should be back up and running - with a fresh new year of Xbox Live gold membership, no less. Time to dust off my copy of Sacred 2, eh? :)

In other news, I have an interview this Wednesday for a management position at Wal Mart. Scary stuff, that! Apparently they've just finished implementing a brand new hiring process as well (includes role playing... no, I don't get to roll my D20 and critical-hit the management team... shame about that though!). My first time doing an interview for this type of position though, so I'm a tad nervous. For what it's worth, they already called me for an unscheduled telephone interview (this seems like a good sign, yes?), so I think I've got a good shot at the position.

Oh... and I had my birthday on the 15th... which makes me officially old (no?!). Hopefully this old man can still wing it when it comes to landing decent work. Har har.

Wish me luck! Oh, and I'm glad to be back. :)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

Mister McSlap, good seein ya back!

Good luck on the intereview, crossing me fingers, hope all goes well. Telephone interviews are awesome, you can relax a lot more with them than actual ones. I'm sure you'll do well on both, you've got a great way with words, and I'm thinking in real life you're just as fun.

:thumbsup:

gogo

Well if it isn't Scrappy Mcslap. :D Welcome back! Boy oh boy has it ever been too long. How you survivded without an online connection I do not know... Are you seeking therapy for this traumatic experience? Haha. Good luck on the interview Scrappy!

lol @ crit hit management team :D

Hey, welcome back!

I have no idea how you managed without internet; I'm always preoccupied trying to access it via my brain if I don't have a hook-up XD;

Happy belated b-day, good to see you back, and good luck on your interview! (D20 critical-hit it, anyways! >;D)

A big WB cookie for you sir!

Hope you'll get to play the manager at that place and I hope your d20 roll has a sneak attack attached to it! :D

Happy B-day too!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Thanks for the kind replies everybody. Gotta love that sense of community here, eh? It's what makes me dig through my emails to find my darn password for this site. :)

Turns out, they didn't hire me for the management position... buggers (I totally should've rolled a Halfling character. Damned humans and their no racial stat bonuses!) Next time, Wal Mart, next time.... Still, I landed a job out of the deal, so all is not lost. :cry:

Yes, no Internet for that long was harsh. It's not all bad though. Fortunately for me, some of my less technically-inclined neighbors were kind enough to leave their wireless networks unsecured. A weak signal is better than no signal, yes?

P.S. I'm not that old... but don't tell anybody! It's a secret. My farts, on the other hand? Could go either way. Rawr!

Aww Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the job. Bummer :( But you've got great energy, Vim, vigor and verve...I know the next interview can't be far but around the corner...hold tight till opportunity knocks again.

lol, about the password for this site, heh

yay!

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
Aww Mike, I'm sorry to hear about the job. Bummer :) But you've got great energy, Vim, vigor and verve...I know the next interview can't be far but around the corner...hold tight till opportunity knocks again.

lol, about the password for this site, heh

yay!

:D

gogo

Thanks for the kind words, gogo... although I did say that I landed a position. Just not the one that I wanted. Still, foot in the door and all that jazz.... and regular paycheques, right? :)

There is nothing like having a long weekend, while knowing you can count on a regular paycheck the next week. I love it. I was chatting that up with my friends this Sunday...saying this feeling is so cool...and that the Sunday was going on longer than usual `cuz of the holiday. Course having a job makes the relish of the moment that much more sweet.

:D

gogo

• 4 months later...

...and I lasted a whopping 5 months! Woot...

Just got back from quitting my job. That's the first time I've ever done that without having something better to move on to. Yikes.

What can I say? Night shift + 2 year old daughter = Epic Fail. I value the time with my family far more than the sub-par wage, no doubt about it.

Ah well. Off to find another day job! :yay:

Mike, you're right to hang with family, I'm again confident something good is waiting. You've got us all here to post to, and the food here is pretty good :)

Stay strong, hunt... if you work it, the job will find you!

rawr

:P

gogo

Hey Scrappy. So sorry it couldn't work out for you. I really hope that you're able to find something soon. Hopefully something fun even. Be strong! :P