Enhanced Perception - Helps with Finding More Sets and Legendaries?

Saw someone say somewhere that ep helps find more magic and rare items and increase their quality (kinda like bargaining) but does not help at all finding set, unique and legendaries. Is this true and is that the way its supposed to work?

Perhaps the idea was that you should be able to have a better chance to get enemies to drop better rare items but nobody should have a better chance than anyone else to find sets/uniques? Thanks.

Edit 05/10:

Ok, I found this from llama's conversation with a dev: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...p;postcount=111

"2)assuming an item drops, a random number is then calculated & what it is determins what quality of item drops (as an example, picking numbers of my ####): for a random number generated between 0 & 1,000, if you roll 990 - 1,000, you'd get a unique item, if you roll 960 - 989 you'd get a set, 920 - 959 & you'd get a rare, 860 - 919 & you'd get a magic item, 0-859 & you get a junk item (each "bin" getting smaller as you go up the item quality scale).

MF increases the size of the unique/set/rare/magic "bins" at the expense of the junk bin. If the chance to drop a junk item reached 0, the magic item bin would be reduced, etc."

That seems to indicate that ep, unlike bargaining, can give you a better chance to find sets/uniques if this is correct. Interesting that llama's explanation includes nothing about legendaries, only sets/uniques/rares. Perhaps he could confirm whether the conversation definately confirmed EP/MF gives a better chance to find legendaries/uniques/sets in addition to rares or if that was adressed?

Edited by ka243
Saw someone say somewhere that ep helps find more magic and rare items and increase their quality (kinda like bargaining) but does not help at all finding set, unique and legendaries. Is this true and is that the way its supposed to work? Thanks.

I must admit that after playing the game for 11 months (October of last year through Sept of this year...and still playing) I did not find my first Legendary until last week. Only correlation I could make was:

Did use EP, and used 4 rings that would were affected by the amount of EP I had....thus the more EP, the more % to find valuables ON the rings.

rings originally had 5.5% MF, with EP as a modifier, they scaled quicly to 10%, making 40% total.

I've played Sacred 2 for a year now, and the only char I have found legendaries on are the one with EP, but I don't think EP has any thing to do with as I have seen plenty of other players have found legendaries without EP.

Wish I could say for sure ka. I've only recently been playing with EP. I do think that I'm seeing sets more often than from previous builds of mine compared to my recent EP build. It's a bit hard to say though since I wasn't really counting unless I was farming mini bosses.

Hmm, maybe llama will have an idea at least about the way its 'supposed' to work. He said it did work on the PC to help find better items but I really wonder if that means find more legendaries and sets too or just find more rares like bargaining.

There is some confusion because EP was changed in the AddOn to give direct magic find. It does no direct magic find before the AddOn, but it unlocks magic find on some items.

There is some confusion because EP was changed in the AddOn to give direct magic find. It does no direct magic find before the AddOn, but it unlocks magic find on some items.

Those are 2 separate questions but both worth getting an answer to - does EP help you find sets and legendaries by itself?

Does magic find help you find sets and legendaries? It may be that magic find like bargaining also only helps you get more rares but does not help finding sets and legendaries.

Ok, I found this from llama's conversation with a dev: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...p;postcount=111

"2)assuming an item drops, a random number is then calculated & what it is determins what quality of item drops (as an example, picking numbers of my ####): for a random number generated between 0 & 1,000, if you roll 990 - 1,000, you'd get a unique item, if you roll 960 - 989 you'd get a set, 920 - 959 & you'd get a rare, 860 - 919 & you'd get a magic item, 0-859 & you get a junk item (each "bin" getting smaller as you go up the item quality scale).

MF increases the size of the unique/set/rare/magic "bins" at the expense of the junk bin. If the chance to drop a junk item reached 0, the magic item bin would be reduced, etc."

That seems to indicate that ep, unlike bargaining, can give you a better chance to find sets/uniques if this is correct. Interesting that llama's explanation includes nothing about legendaries, only sets/uniques/rares. Perhaps he could confirm whether the conversation definately confirmed EP/MF gives a better chance to find legendaries/uniques/sets in addition to rares or if that was adressed?

1) Yes, EP works (gives a bonus to MF that's not listed on the sigma tooltip, just like all other skills) pre- & post-expansion, but the pre-expansion tooltip is ####.

2) MF works in a very similar way in S1 & Sacred 2.

3) My understanding of Legendaries was that they had a miniscule chance (ie, very close to 0, regardless of what MF you have) of dropping at low levels, but you can get them to drop at high levels (so they function as "end-game item content").

4) MF/EP should work on sets as well.

5) Personally if you're going to quote me, I'd prefer it if you could quote the quote that Anti posted in his mamoth EP/Bargaining explaination thread ('cause at least we then know that you're quoting what I said about Sacred 2, thought that is very similar to what I said about S1, so it probably doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things).

Thanks for posting that. That's great to have confirmed. EP & MF will help us find more sets and uniques then in addition to rares, however, we suspect that Legendaries only drop at high levels and in addition if I understand that correctly, EP & MF will not have an effect on our chance to find legendaries which all high level characters will have an equal chance to find or not regardless of MF.

I thought I posted exactly what you did directly on this topic. Sorry if there was anything that was misquoted or if I somehow misinterpretted something you said or if I left something out? The intention of this thread was to refer only to sacred 2 since it was in the sacred 2 general discussion forum.

Edited by ka243