Use of Weapons with High Level Modifiers on Low Level Characters

The console smithing bug makes making low level characters really powerful pretty easy once you have a high level character with bargaining by the way:

"Jewelry of any level may be socketed into items (weapons OR armor OR shields) of any level without changing the level of the item. For example, a level 200 ring may be socketed into a level 2 weapon or piece of armor with a silver slot and a level 2 character will be able to equip this weapon. This was considered a bug in the PC version that was fixed and will make the game much easier than intended. If you want a challenge, it is not recommended to use this method."

Kinda makes up for the fact that the blacksmith skill doesn't work, every high level character is a super smith... :(

Edited by ka243
The console smithing bug makes making low level characters really powerful pretty easy once you have a high level character with bargaining by the way:

"Jewelry of any level may be socketed into items of any level without changing the level of the item. For example, a level 200 ring may be socketed into a level 2 weapon or piece of armor with a silver slot and a level 2 character will be able to equip this weapon. This was considered a bug in the PC version that was fixed and will make the game much easier than intended. If you want a challenge, it is not recommended to use this method."

Kinda makes up for the fact that the blacksmith skill doesn't work, every high level character is a super smith... :)

I assumed that this feature was a normal part of the game. the whole point of having a high level shopper! Is this truly a bug that may get fixed in the future? :(

"Jewelry of any level may be socketed into items of any level without changing the level of the item. For example, a level 200 ring may be socketed into a level 2 weapon or piece of armor with a silver slot and a level 2 character will be able to equip this weapon. This was considered a bug in the PC version that was fixed and will make the game much easier than intended. If you want a challenge, it is not recommended to use this method."

Kinda makes up for the fact that the blacksmith skill doesn't work, every high level character is a super smith... :)

lol, woah. Serious benefit, bonus, exploit... ^^

:heat:

gogo

Kinda makes up for the fact that the blacksmith skill doesn't work, every high level character is a super smith... :heat:

lol, woah. Serious benefit, bonus, exploit... ^^

:D

gogo

Seriously:) :)

PC guys can't use Noib smith arts and jewels on a low level character? All the reading I've done never alluded to that.

We can use high level niob smith arts no problem in pc... I was commenting though on what ka was saying about what a console player can do with a high level bargainer to make up for the fact that smithing on consoles is broken.

:)

gogo

KA's quote is a little misleading. Technically not any character can socket any level item. I have a level 124 Seraphim that can wear up to level 155 weapons, armor or jewels(relics or rings/amu).

The highest level blacksmith I can use is at the port to Wastelands and he is level 144. tecnically I can use him to smith level 1-144 items into level 1-155 weapons and armor.

Edited by locolagarto

What I'm saying is that you can take your level 200 character with a level 200 ring with +18 all skills or +3000 HP for example and socket it into a level 5 piece of armor with the level 200 character and then give it to a level 5 character. If you do that on PC, the level 5 character will not be able to equip that piece of armor anymore because it has such a high level jewel socketted in it.

To outfit other characters, PC players are required to have about 4-5 niob shoppers. Generally they have one around level 5, one around level 35, one around level 50-60, one at level 100ish, one at level 130-150. So for example, they buy gear/jewelry for the level 5 characters with the level 5 shopper, gear/jewelry for level 50 characters with the level 50 shopper.

Console players only really need one shopper with level as high as possible if they use this method. This high level shopper can then socket very high level rings/amulets into low level gear which can be used by low level characters, which cannot be done on PC, although this might be considered "cheating" since it was fixed on the PC version. Lots of other things were also changed on the PC version too though like deathblow for spells not working anymore as of ice & blood and the huge nerf to +all skill rings. You don't have to mod the game in any way to use any of the above features (its that way by default) so its not really cheating but it will make the game easier than intended.

Other things you could socket would be really high runspeed jewelry (convenient) or really high experience jewelry to level mega fast.

Edited by ka243

I think what ka is saying is that this table here for PC users regarding max weapon levels that can be used for Sacred 2:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ble_Item_Levels

Is not applicable for Sacred 2 console users...that they are able to wield any level weapons? Is this correct?

:devil:

gogo

The table does apply for weapons, however, the following sentence is not true on console:

"Equipping Jewelry comes with no overt penalty, however, if you socket higher level jewelry into an item with a lower item level the equipment level will increase to match that of the highest level ring/amulet/rune within it. Socketing jewelry in this way, for example, by using a piece of jewelry from a much higher level, may increase the level of the item to make it unusable for the character. "

For example a level 5 character cannot equip a level 200 sword, however he can equip a level 5 sword with a level 200 ring or amulet socketed into it because doing so does not change the level of the sword.

On consoles you can only equip weapons or armor near your level (based on weapon lore and armor lore of course).

Socketing a high level ring or amulet into a weapon or armor does not change the level of the base item allowing lower level toons to skill equip it.

Split this topic off from previous topic btw so we not run the other one off topic.

So...we'll say that no toon can use a high level item... and that console users can socket higher level jewelry into their weapons without it changing the level of the item.

Hence the production of a weapon that is not of higher level which would make it unusable by a character, but that has high level modifiers/damage etc within it which would offer a benefit because it could be used at the lower level.

That make sense?

:devil:

gogo

Sounds like there are a lot more differences between PC and Console that haven't been discussed much. How many Chars are PC users allowed to have in there livery?

Are online parties limited to the same plus or minus 10 levels caps between players that xbox live are?

do online campain sessions nerf your XP by 30% like Xbox live does?

How much gear can you store in your chest? same 1874 as console?

Oh man I should have started a new thread :devil:

On consoles you can only equip weapons or armor near your level (based on weapon lore and armor lore of course).

Socketing a high level ring or amulet into a weapon or armor does not change the level of the base item allowing lower level toons to skill equip it.

Yes max weapon levels apply to console, agreed. When a pc user sockets a high level jewel, the weapon level changes? and If so do the weapon specs change as well. example: level 20 Boneslicer with level 100 stone becomes level 100 Boneslicer or just level 20 Boneslicer with minimum level 100 char restriction?

Has there been Xbox and Ps3 testing to prove this theory? Can we get any screen shots to see it in action?

I'm interested to know if I could take a level 30+ ammy or ring and stuff it onto a level 1 sword and make an uber character to go tromping about in silver+. If so it sounds like we console users could have a crazy little event on our hands, perhaps a new type of kamikaze for consoles? :viking: time for griffin farming on bronze for level 4 gold socket weps.

I guess I'll volunteer to test this out right now, considering I've got more then a few amulets and the like I don't need ^.^

Edit: well that was fast, first drop and I got a simple one with a silver socket. Pic in another edit if I ever get it uploaded. I socketed just now a level 29 ring, into a level 4 staff I picked off the griffin real quick. Nothing special about either, the ring was a basic +4% experience, and the staff had a decent +11% chance to halve-regen. Stuffed the ring in and gave it to my level 3 shadow warrior. It works! :whistle: Thank you ka243 for pointing this out, now all I need is some super powerful rings and a few level 1 weapons with lotsa sockets.

Edited by Sarcolemming

I had a +1500 HP jewel from a level 88 niob character which I socketted into some level 2 armor, which gave me more than 1600 HP at level 1.... If you do this, you do not need to worry about defense for quite some time. +HP, +attack, +damage, +Run speed or +XP at that level is more powerful than +skills I'd say because you don't have that many skills anyways.

If you find it makes the game too boring/easy then don't do it. Or for example, you could decide to socket only run speed and XP for example which would be certainly very convenient/useful but would not make the game tooooo easy.

Yes max weapon levels apply to console, agreed. When a pc user sockets a high level jewel, the weapon level changes? and If so do the weapon specs change as well. example: level 20 Boneslicer with level 100 stone becomes level 100 Boneslicer or just level 20 Boneslicer with minimum level 100 char restriction?

Yes, this will change the level of the weapon in the PC version, without changing the specs of the weapon. The weapon would then be a level 100 boneslicer with the stats of the level 20 boneslicer + whatever you socketed in it. This is how the game is "supposed" to work.

I think the PC version initially worked the same as the console version but the PC version got patched and the console version didn't of course.

Edited by ka243

You are right, we had the same thing on PC before they patched it out, I remember that all jewelries that was socketed into the gear got lost when I tried out the patch for the first time.

The Xmas quest was removed in the 2.40 patch, so I think they are running with the 2.40 but then again the overlapping of gear level requirement was fixed in the 2.31 patch I think, so I have no idea why they still have it on consoles :whistle:

Edited by Spunky
The Xmas quest was removed in the 2.40 patch, so I think they are running with the 2.40 but then again the overlapping of gear level requirement was fixed in the 2.31 patch I think, so I have no idea why they still have it on consoles :whistle:

I can't remember the thread but I thought maybe Antitrust( not sure) posted 2.37 was the console version.

I had no idea this was news to people

I got the game on the 360 the day it came out

I did'nt take long for players to figure this trick out

that is why they are duping the level 20 sabers with

+ 102 all skills in them (for there low level players)

another big dupe they like on the 360 is a level

20 saber with +60% experience

----------------------------------

also many legit players (I've done it) boost ther low level players

with high level sockets to save time (but it can make the game to EZ)

Haha, this is a "glitch" they cant fix with the console. If they try to patch it, we can still take the updates off. Atleast with the Xbox. Yeah we cant go online, but you could just hold all your experience gear on a silver account and when you want some levels, just take the update off :)

As for the Low level weapons, there are some good items on the XBox. I have a level 1 sword with 2 gold slots. and if I put my +32 All skills Amulet in it, it comes to be +72 All Skills, LEVEL 1 SWORD! Haha and I got a level 2 shield with 2 gold slots ;) It makes the game almost too easy....I made it to platinum with a level 10 shadow warrior, and even platinum was easy when I had 32000 hitpoints its fun starting a live game on platinum where a level 1 could join :) some dont even know its platinum and they go and try to kill people...1 hit and their dead even from the 1st guy in the game. I just made it to get people the achievement, not to torture them so dont worry.

But back to the main subject, it is easy to make low level weapons with a high character~especially when you can dupe, or know someone that can. I have +108 all skills level 20 sabers, +15000hp sabers, 72.5% xp sabers 50% chance to find valuables sabers, 88% visibility sabers, +81 combat arts and a bunch of damage swords. I have 1 ring thats (damage 63-63 +15 All skills) and another (61-61 Life leach 98) or (61-61 xp 10.8) its endless to what you could put in it...the skies the limit...poor poor Pc players :thumbsup: I heard they screwed it all up for you guys.....id be piffed if they patched it for the consoles!!

The Xmas quest was removed in the 2.40 patch, so I think they are running with the 2.40 but then again the overlapping of gear level requirement was fixed in the 2.31 patch I think, so I have no idea why they still have it on consoles :thumbsup:

I can't remember the thread but I thought maybe Antitrust( not sure) posted 2.37 was the console version.

It's definitely pre-Xmas isle & since 2.34 added the Xmas quest/isle, the consoles are pre-2.34 (though exactly how much is unknown).

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've never thought of taking it to the extent some players are reporting lol. Sounds kind of fun but boringly OP.

I do however have a level 2 Inquisitor with bargaining and I've been building a suit for him with as much +general or +skills as I can get(socketed with +skills shopped by my higher level shopper seraphim) solely for the purpose of using him to shop level 2 gear for any new characters I create since even a level 200 with maxed bargaining can't buy you a full set of level 2 gear with 2 sockets in each piece mwuahahahaha!

I like a challenge and I'm not gonna socket high level FECAL MATTER! in low level stuff. Its just not right. I get burnt out of games that are too easy or where there are a lot of cheats people can use because they use them and don't enjoy the game. They just want to be the best with little to no effort am I right? I am.....Anyways thats some weak ass FECAL MATTER! if you wanna socket your stuff like that but go ahead blow the game...