Need information installing Ice and Blood

Hey guys!

We have the download... we got it from nexway, and it gave us four download links, one of which is the 2.40 patch ?

we're a bit confused about the patch because the link name says sacred 2 ice and blood patch, but when we click to download the patch, the file name is "Sacred 2 Uk International 2.40 Patch"

did you guys install a patch after installing the expansion?

:whistle:

gogo

Hey guys!

We have the download... we got it from nexway, and it gave us four download links, one of which is the 2.40 patch ?

we're a bit confused about the patch because the link name says sacred 2 ice and blood patch, but when we click to download the patch, the file name is "Sacred 2 Uk International 2.40 Patch"

did you guys install a patch after installing the expansion?

:whistle:

gogo

assuming your Sacred 2 is up to date gogo, just ignore that patch. Not sure why they included it:)

assuming your Sacred 2 is up to date gogo, just ignore that patch. Not sure why they included it:)

Because it was on the DVD.

The really wierd thing is why it's 2.40, not 2.43...

Because it was on the DVD.

The really wierd thing is why it's 2.40, not 2.43...

Because you can patch 2.40 to the addon? I'm pretty sure I did this after fresh installing Win7 a few days ago

Heya,

had the same doubts Gogo.... no need to patch, just install :glare:

How far are you:) Might be on for just a bit.... but gonna have to turn in soon...

DM trader level 30 :cool:

Greetz

We're almost there. We have one copy installed, and now onto the other two. Schot says it looks good in the new world. I can hardly wait to get my account there up and running too.

Install is going very well, no problems so far.

:glare:

gogo

A little confused here, do we first patch the game to 2.43 & then install the add-on or?

What was the most recent patch version before the add-on?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

2.43 was the last version before the addon but I'm pretty sure you can install the addon over 2.40.

A little confused here, do we first patch the game to 2.43 & then install the add-on or?

What was the most recent patch version before the add-on?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

2.43 was the last version before the addon but I'm pretty sure you can install the addon over 2.40.

oki then I'm clear =)

thanks mate!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I'll just paste in the self-quote from the SIF after I got Ice and Blood installed. I had zero probs and the fastest, cleanest experience installing anything to do with Sacred 2 to date.

Ok, I got my physical copy of the game in the mail today from gogamer.com. I ordered it for $19.90 the day before the price went up to $29.90 :thumbsup:

So far as I type this, I have not played the game yet, this is just what has happened so far.

I do have both the US and UK international versions of the Sacred 2 base game. I had the US version installed. I tried a few things to get the UK int. Ice and Blood to install, but it would not allow it due to language settings differences. I did not feel like trying to "make it work" so I did not waste much time and uninstalled the US Sacred 2.

After making sure I had Sacred 2 fully deactivated and uninstalled, I started the UK install timer at 5:30 pm central US time. The Ice and Blood disc does come with a set of patches

Thumbnail:

th_addonpatches.jpg

I simply used the UK int 2.40 patch and it went through the file check process, and patched up my game from 2.02 to 2.40 the first time without a problem (I think first time this has happened for me). Then, I used the updater application in the game folder and updated the game to 2.43 again, without a hitch. So time elapsed from inserting the Sacred 2 UK disc to patched up to 2.43 was right at one hour. I activated Sacred 2. Another 1/2 hr later, the expansion was installed and activated, no problems.

Went online and it asked me to confirm the addon serial key, which I did. Made a new seraphim and customized her hair and the imp that now stands next to all characters. Made a new Dragon Mage too. The new loading screens and char screen back ground are very cool!

Ok, backed out of the game, then set up my optioncustom folders again so I can see if I can get into any US servers. I started up the game and strangly it asked me to verify the expansion again, so I punched in the same Ice and Blood key I did before, and it accepted it. I went to multiplayer and confirmed I was about to log into the US servers, there were all my US characters (with the additional slots and imps next to them the expansion promised) and I clicked to connect to servers.

There are US AddOn servers. Thumbnail below-

th_sacred22009-10-0519-32-03-14.jpg

The install was a snap. Except for knowing not to download the offered patch, the securerom was a breeze, no problems at all...definitely one of the betters installation experiences we've had to go through.

:)

gogo

3 installs and no probs at all. Whew! I admit I was worried over nothing. Had a strange, but minor, error at the start of the first one but it turned out that the install had become corrupted during the download process. Downloaded it a second time and the following 2 installs went perfect.

Now that my installations have survived Ice & Blood I gotta see if my characters can, haha. Took several characters out for a quick test run and all I can say is... Ouch. :)