Can I play on the EU servers if I have the US version

Heard a rumor ( I guess you'd call it that ). That the Steam version cd-key will work for both US and EU servers. This might be old news since I haven't been around, but can anyone confirm or deny that:)

There was a post on the SIF awhile ago about this, the only thing you needed to do was to change some entries in the OptionCustom file and you could swap back and forth between US and EU servers.

There was a post on the SIF awhile ago about this, the only thing you needed to do was to change some entries in the OptionCustom file and you could swap back and forth between US and EU servers.

Do you remember where that post was Bjorn? I would really like to join ya guys in game

Do you remember where that post was Bjorn? I would really like to join ya guys in game

While you can just change some entries in the optionsCustom.txt file you still need a european key to create an account on the EU servers. I.e. you need to buy an european version to get the key from that to use with your us version.

Really? I thought I read that if you got the steam version you could use the OptionsCustom method to switch back and forth on the servers.

You can switch back and forth but the CDkey will get only one registration. So on what ever server you end up registering the game on that server that CDkey will be stuck.