Omg I yacked...

So I was pretty much bed ridden today. Under the influence a most diabolical flu. Or so I thought...

I woke up this morning as I have been of recent. Refreshed and ready to take on the day. I had big plans this morning to start my day with a stretching routine. Something I haven't done in a long time but used to do regularly. Now that I've quit smoking I'm on a bit of a health kick and want to get all healthy like. So there I am. Doin simple stretches and whatnot when this odd sort of fatigue comes over me. I thought to myself that it was strange to be so tired because just the day before I was bursting with new found "non-smoker" energy. I guess it wasn't the day to start being healthy so I scrapped my exercise plans and moved onto web stuff.

There I am staring at our forum and thinking, I should really post on this that and the other but I just couldn't do it for some reason. I was exhausted. Worse yet my head was starting to pound. Symptoms just kept popping up and I was reaching a point that was starting to make me think about H1N1. Eeek! Dang those H1N1 flyers on the kitchen table. By this point I was in serious pain. My stomach was just killing me. I couldn't even lie down to rest because laying down made me feel like I was gonna, eh, toss my cookies. It was time to call somebody... Since my "mommy" wasn't available I opted for our local health hotline. Which is an awesome resource btw! I just dialed 811 and waited about 10 minutes for a nurse. Karen answered and we went through all the questions like; Did I have fever, Headache, Dehydration, what I ate last night... Hmmm. What I ate last night. And then I realized what was happening to me. You see I have a bizarre intolerance to fatty foods. Since I was a kid I've had this but it's not a major health issue. Just an intolerance I guess and last night I kinda over did it. I had a big bag of chips. Doritos sweet chili heat which I basically hoovered in a matter of a half hour or so. Now one would think this is a minor thing but for me... I remember that a year ago I had gone through something similar. After binging on baked goods slathered in cheese I had developed what could only be described as severe food poisoning in about 2 hours after eating. It was baaaaad. Real bad. And from what I could tell I was going through it yet again except this time I have a fever. So after talking to Karen for a while about possible care and remedy I decided there was only one thing to do...

After surfing the net for various remedies I dragged my fragile state to the bathroom. Glass of water and pillow in hand. I settled down in the bathroom and prepared for a very long wait. I was constantly on the verge of spilling my beans, not the secretive kind either, but nothing was happening and I was in excruciating pain. I really needed to do something. I was desparate! I scanned the bathroom for anything that could make me more comfortable and then I saw it. My toothbrush. Yup. And I wasn't plannin to brush my teeth. Earlier I had read that a toothbrush could "help". Help induce that is... I grabbed my faithful toothbrush, (Sorry Toothbrush!), took a deep breath and placed the toothbrush in my mouth. Well you get the idea I think eh. The next several minutes were absolutely terrbile. Throwing up has got to be the worst part of being sick. I don't know how tha heck so many terrible feelings can be combined into a single action but omg... I was sniveling to myself the whole time, lol. "Why?! Why me?!".

Well I can tell you why. Greedily binging on Dorritos to my glutonous content is why. Let that be a lesson to me... Next time I'll share my chips, heh.

Not exactly a very exciting day but, well, that's the way I spent my day today. Oh and for the record. I felt completely cured after drivin the big white bus. Word to the wise. ^^ If you're feeling sick because of something you ingested you're probably best off to let your body do it's thing and purge yer innards of unwelcome tummy troubles. And always have a spare toothbrush. ^^

funny thing is I am eating Doritos as I read this :)

I prefer the '2-finger' method myself. As a Navy Veteran, I wasn't always home when I decided to toss the cookies lol. That, and I don't have to worry about keeping extra toothbrushes around.

Sorry to hear you were sick but at least it wasn't the H1N1.....glad to hear you're feeling better

funny thing is I am eating Doritos as I read this :)

I prefer the '2-finger' method myself. As a Navy Veteran, I wasn't always home when I decided to toss the cookies lol. That, and I don't have to worry about keeping extra toothbrushes around.

Sorry to hear you were sick but at least it wasn't the H1N1.....glad to hear you're feeling better

I am in the unenviable position of not having a gag reflex. Toothbrush, two fingers--heck try the entire hand. I can not force myself to. . .uhh. . .toss my cookies.

Just thought I would toss that into the thread.

Glad to hear you are better.

I had the same as Schot couple o' months ago but the pain only came when I was dancing the heck out of myself on a party back in the beginning of september, so after having a great time I suddenly got the same, resulting into 1 day in bed & weakened state.

Man I hate stomache ache/flu.

Atm having irritated eyes, also from partying 2 days ago... you guys seeing a pattern here? YES I DO! I get sick from those COOKIES with extra chilli flavor!! Yes indeed... :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Did you hug the toilet like they do in the movies? :)

It's good that there are so many tutorials on simple functions. People hug it, caress it, put their heads on it... wait, what did you do with your pillow?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D I'm glad that you're ok.

@Knuckles: Yah know... I used to be a "two fingerer" but this new fan dangled toothbrush technology sure is convenient. ^^

@Sil: Good god Sil. I just read up on gag reflex and the article I read states that the absence of a gag reflex is a result of brain death. :D Hehe. *poke poke* No but seriously it did say that, lol. I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone has had the experience of being so nauseous that the only cure is to flat out barf. I've had more than I care for and let me tell you that Ol gag reflex sure has come in handy. Yours certainly is an unenviable position. :/

@Dragon: Ayup, got those posts in after all. Thanx. :)

@Locolagarto: Somewhat traumatized but all better. ^^

@Chareos: Yah. Something tells me that it wasn't the dancing or cookies. Party much? lol.

@max: Thanx max and yup. They are by far the worst moments. The kind of moment that makes us want to promise anything and everything to the gods in order to feel better. I guess that this time around I was praying to the Cookie Tossing god. Not exactly the most ideal cure but it sure works!

@Sil: Good god Sil. I just read up on gag reflex and the article I read states that the absence of a gag reflex is a result of brain death. :) Hehe. *poke poke* No but seriously it did say that, lol. I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone has had the experience of being so nauseous that the only cure is to flat out barf. I've had more than I care for and let me tell you that Ol gag reflex sure has come in handy. Yours certainly is an unenviable position. :/

Brain dead? Well that would come as no surprise to many of my co-workers. But I lost my gag reflex about 5 years ago. I had a very nasty case of strep and when they did a throat culture(telling me not to gag) I noticed that I was completely numb. Never got it back.

Heh im lucky in that I can barf at will without any need for two fingers or anything. Comes in dang handy with my being blindish I sometimes eat furry bread;/

You most likely have a gall bladder condition can hurt like heck when you overeat fatty foods. Worse yet it means you likely will someday have the fun of gall stones;/

Talk about being in command wintermane. ^^

Interesting point about the Gallbladdar wintermane. I think I'll be getting some xrays done tomorrow. Looking at a list of symptoms I went through about 80-90% of them. I always just assumed that my aversion to greasy food was more of an over sensitivity to unhealthy eating but I'm starting to question that now. Yesterday I was feeling slightly ill again, today too, which means whatever went wrong is still kind of wrong.

Well it's been a long time since I've seen a doc. Guess it's time for a tune-up.

Talk about being in command wintermane. ^^

Interesting point about the Gallbladdar wintermane. I think I'll be getting some xrays done tomorrow. Looking at a list of symptoms I went through about 80-90% of them. I always just assumed that my aversion to greasy food was more of an over sensitivity to unhealthy eating but I'm starting to question that now. Yesterday I was feeling slightly ill again, today too, which means whatever went wrong is still kind of wrong.

Well it's been a long time since I've seen a doc. Guess it's time for a tune-up.

better to know now and have a chance to correct, than wait and have a serious system failure!. Good luck at the doc!

I cannot stress the importance of seeing your doc at least once a year for a check-up/physical. Yeah it's a pain, and it's not fun (just wait til your 45 and get the obligatory colonoscopy) but your health is more than worth it.

If I hadn't had some blood work done this summer, there's a very real legitimate chance that I might have died within 2 years if I left certain things untreated. So I would tell everyone, and not just Schot, that if you haven't been to the doc in a few years and you're 30+, you really need to go. Otherwise you're playing russian roulette with your health