Sorry Schot, Couldn't help myself

Well to start off with, I got a bit bored with just Grinding today. So after I socketed some all channel DoT I jumped into the swamps. I found on silver about 43% was just fine for my Shadow Warrior. Didn't have to really pay attention to his health. I had about +60 LL to pop my health back if needed. But on Gold 50% wasn't good enough. I'm going to have to try another 10% and see what happens. Then thats where the boredom started to set in, although now that I could hunt swamp experience was awesome.

Anyways I digress, So I then jumped up to Gold. Schot, Locolagarto and I had finished Silver the other day. Think I started at about level 45 on gold campaign. Just a bit tougher than silver swamps but no stress......yet. Schot I have to thank you (and blame you), that two handed sword you gave me with 2.2% LL is a real boss killer. Kept me going from one boss to the next. So I'm running this solo until I got to the third Mist in the swamp. Asked Loco to pop in and give me a hand popin skellies. I didnt realize that they were purple to him until after the fight. You know us Holos Boys we must be color blind. But that end of the story worked out great. Bring on the purple undead "Cuz ya ain't got nuttin on expulse modded for undead".

Now comes the part I need to say sorry for to Schot. I ignored ya. I heard you saying in my ear (sitting on the back of my chair no less) "If its purple RUN" very faintly at first. Desert was easy. Well how difficult is it when ya run at 150 invisible? I jumped into the Scorps cave and that's when I got that little voice in me ear. Just a whisper, but I knew it was Schot. My first fight against the Scorp since it killed my 86lvl Shadow Warrior last weekend I think it was, Was Awesome. Thanks again to Schot for that LL sword. Tis what kept me alive cuz I was color blind to anything that had a redish/purple haze to it.

By this time I'm about level 51. Jungle was a joke. The B52 Boss just sat there waiting oh so calmly while I destroyed his generators. Then I went after him. Jeesh he must have been low on fuel. He crash landed fast.

Dryad Island was simple. Once again remember I'm running invisible, I don't know what it would have been like to fight thru it. But the color of the mobs just didn't register in my head. Must have been running passed to fast. (ya thats it). Now I got to the Wastelands and for some reason ( Lil Schot on my chair back wedged the plug out of my ear a bit more by now) I started to see Purple. But it just wasn't registering in my head yet. Hmmm maybe it was, I think at one point when I took on a demon that was level 66 and it's minion was at 74 I thought that maybe I should get some levels before coming back.

Well I was 52-53 by this time. Actually fighting my way up the hill cuz by this time I just knew it wasn't going to be pretty if I got into the Nameless without some levels. And its kinda funny thinking to myself "that the next Mob I see thats purple im outta here".But for some reason I just kept repeating myself. I must have been thinking that its got to get better. Keep in mind that back when I was in the swamp I was hitting for 2000-2500 a hit. Makes a real mess. Once I got into the wheel I was only hitting for 650. At this point your voice was really starting to get thru.....almost. The Inquisitor was.....semi rememberable. Seem to remember a little swirly thing starting to spin around my head but then he fell at my feet. I must have been close to getting sucked up. I remember on the xbox that is something you surely do not want.

By this time im at 54 I think and its just not getting any better. As I run around the outside of the Nameless room looking for the door switch I'm thinking "I wonder if this will save or glitch if I just back off for now and come back" Well.... I hate glitches and everything is going.....well its going and I'm not dead....So Onward. Killing the First and second Nameless wasn't too bad.....in hindsight..... although my CtH normal mobes was at 110 or so. The Nameless had it droped to 45%, I saw that after the first two. Then they decided to be nice to me and allow me to change up my relics so that I was ready for the multi spec Last Guardian. Number three went donw after a bit. Long drawn out fight.

Up to this point I have only taken two deep breaths. The last Guardian, Oh my Lord..... I really need to put 20 levels on at a minimum. But Ghost had his mighty sword in hand, sucking more than 5000 htps a pop. He wasn't going to stop. My fingers were a blur on the key board. Hitting mini-buffs, health pots, mentor, regen, more minibuff. Watching the health bar like a hawk, actually opened my inventory at one point to see how many health pots I had. Loco suggested that, since he saw me tapping away at the space bar like the "little drummer boy". But when the dust settled, Furian's Ghost was the last man standing. :4rofl: Knees were a bit unsteady, sweaty brow, clamy hands, (sounds like he's getting ready for a date) But we did it. At level 54 Loco and I are into Platnium again. Now its time for a big 7&7 cuz my nerves are shot. Next time I log on I'm taking my Shadow Warrior butt back to silver.

Whew :) Now I need another drink. See Yins In the A.M. I'm ready for the Kammy Stomp.

Heya,

hehe :twitch: a rather captivating story!

Pushing the limits is loads of fun... tho your nerves feel like the first time you faced the Guardians without the knowledge of what they could do :oooo:

Greetz

The worst part for me was having to watch. I was only level 41 so I had to stay out of the fight. Well, except for popping those skellies on the 3rd mist for Furian. I would watch on my map and listen down the hall way for that God awful sound of his space bar tapping out the double bass drum intro for Van Halen's " Im hot for Teacher". I would get worried and go stand in the doorway. the urge to be a back seat driver kept overcoming me. So I would leave with that awful feeling in my gut, like watching a cheap horror movie. You know somebody is gonna get killed and part of you wants to see it, but the other part says run like hell you idiot!

Well all is well, and now I have a level 41 shopper in Plat.

Wow, what a story, Furian! I will just say, that I think your tale here is going to legendarize that toon's life span forever in our memories.

I think any game, or playing experience that can get us to wax so well poetic, is something substantial, and that you're here to share it with the community, cements that.

I am sorry to hear bout the RIP though... come back stronger mate.

:twitch:

gogo

p.s And.... Death must have been making rounds last night in Ancaria... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my level 113 super trader died... waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (insert lots more wahs) :oooo:

Wow, what a story, Furian! I will just say, that I think your tale here is going to legendarize that toon's life span forever in our memories.

I think any game, or playing experience that can get us to wax so well poetic, is something substantial, and that you're here to share it with the community, cements that.

I am sorry to hear bout the RIP though... come back stronger mate.

:twitch:

gogo

p.s And.... Death must have been making rounds last night in Ancaria... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my level 113 super trader died... waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (insert lots more wahs) :oooo:

Mirage is gone. Noooooo! what happend mate? she was uber tough and u player her safe.

Let's get another one goin' then huh?

Furian, how could you. Has our friendly neighbourhood Scorpion taught you nothing?! ^^

Gratz on kicking purple butts though Furian! Glad you survived and great telling of your victory over all of Gold-dom. :oooo: I'd encourage you to level in Gold actually. Maybe you could get some nice Gold server sets and uniques. :twitch:

Oh and I may have spent a bit of time fighting purples in the Cursed Forest with my Kami Shadow Warrior yesterday. Shhhh! Interesting thing about Demonic Eyes on Gold server. Their LL barely took anything off my health. Eventually I finished off leveling on the Constructs to reach level 40 for the Kami. Those purples weren't too bad since our survival bonuses are still kinda low at level 40-50. Granted the minimum spawn level per region can really mix things up.

@gogo: Noooooooooooooooo! RIP Mirage. :D

Nice history Furian. :)

Mirage Ripped :):D:cry: :cry:

I'll start soon my new dryad... :twitch: light this time... she's just waiting for dark application. ^^

I'll do some trade... for damage rings :):D