Survival Bonus

Was watching tv and playing. Doing runs killing the flying boss in jungle, so I died. Lost a 60 SB. Any tips to get it back fast. I have a the sword and shield, so I am getting 18% bonus to SB.

Heya,

noticed that too Spunky, tho I actually think that when you use them for a longer period of grinding, you will end up with a higher SB than the same period of grinding without those items. It might actually do what it says (faster increase), but I'm not sure.

Maybe someone tested this?

P.S. I did check that when equipping them, SB increases. When u change weaps, the SB goes down again.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
Heya,

noticed that too Spunky, tho I actually think that when you use them for a longer period of grinding, you will end up with a higher SB than the same period of grinding without those items. It might actually do what it says (faster increase), but I'm not sure.

P.S. I did check that when equipping them, SB increases. When u change weaps, the SB goes down again.

Greetz

Just load up on hitpoints and armor, then go into the 1st region and get hit. One my days I work I just let my toon get hit. I go from a 3% to a 95% in 3 days

Heya,

Greetz

Just load up on hitpoints and armor, then go into the 1st region and get hit. One my days I work I just let my toon get hit. I go from a 3% to a 95% in 3 days

Works, but risky for anyone to go AFK for periods of time without knowing what's at stake. and is that any better, or more fun than hitting back? just imo I would rather grind on my machine than just let it sit there and play by itself.

Just equip some heavy armor or armor boosting buffs that do not reflect enemy damage and go piff off a kobold in bronze AFK while you're doing something else or leave it on overnight....

I have another question about the survival bonus. I read the article about SB on the wiki and it says that the chance to find valuables is increased by the SB. How do I see that? The chance in the sigma don't change when the SB increases.

I wish I had the expertize to answer you Slevin. But seeing you ask this type of question, which I wondered the same thing myself for a long time, makes me wanna ask you one? you have some serious magic find builds, with map revealed the sigmas has a bonus right? Do you think SB actually does have affect or not? or is your question simply one of discovery "How do I see that?"

My question is how does the author of this article know, that the chance to find valuables is increased by the SB. In the animation the MF only changes a bit because of the more explored map. It could also be that I can only see the difference when beeing equipped with some MF items and not only with the MF from the map. I can't test it by myself, because I can't change my SB that fast, that I notice any difference. If I wouldn't play HC, I could kill my exported char in SP. Maybe there are some SC players who could do so or someone knows another way to find out if the SB inreases the MF.

My question is how does the author of this article know, that the chance to find valuables is increased by the SB.

Developers said so. It doesn't appear anywhere, but it's there.

Hm, then it's hard to me to believe that. I'm very sceptical in such things.:agreed:

It just in the calculations somewhere, if you look around the formula is somewhere but its todo with the SB%/2 if I remember correctly. I'll try to find it for ya.

That would be nice.:)