Darkmatters friends list

I was just browsing through the members area and landed on schot's profile. and the poor soul has but one friend.

Just wondering from a Admin/Mod standpoint what everybody thinks about this. at least within the clan. As new members are constantly looking at these profiles, at least mine gets viewed a bit. I wondered if the sense of community would benefit if we unified our profiles somewhat. or is this a non-issue? not sure.

Just keep thinking Bee here, thinking Bee.

Well you are a bit new to the forum. In the old days before the last big software upgrade I think(it was oh so long ago) we didnt have that buddy system so no one ever payed any notice to it. Plus we where a lot smaller group in which everyone new everyone(as fare as the admin/mod team that will never change) so we didnt need to add each other as buddies, because who ever came to the forum only needed to take a look in one or two topic to see that we where all friends(ahh the good old days). This day with so many new people in a way you no longer have the feel of everyone is friends with everyone because there are to many topics to many pure game related stuff that that feel is lost or at list not as it once was. Dont get me wrong not that its a bad thing the way things are just trying to explain why schot has no friend. :gun2: He has but no one uses that feature. :woot:

P.S.: Schot is not aloud to get out if he gets out to met people on the forum then he cant keep the place running. :woot:

Well you are a bit new to the forum. In the old days before the last big software upgrade I think(it was oh so long ago) we didnt have that buddy system so no one ever payed any notice to it. Plus we where a lot smaller group in which everyone new everyone(as fare as the admin/mod team that will never change) so we didnt need to add each other as buddies, because who ever came to the forum only needed to take a look in one or two topic to see that we where all friends(ahh the good old days). This day with so many new people in a way you no longer have the feel of everyone is friends with everyone because there are to many topics to many pure game related stuff that that feel is lost or at list not as it once was. Dont get me wrong not that its a bad thing the way things are just trying to explain why schot has no friend. :gun2: He has but no one uses that feature. :woot:

P.S.: Schot is not aloud to get out if he gets out to met people on the forum then he cant keep the place running. :woot:

I Kind of figured that was the case. Just wondering if it makes any difference to community as a whole or not. I guess I don't really have any opinion either way. Just struck me odd when I first saw it.

Learning the who is who of he forum comes easy enough just by reading and watching. But we have got a lot more members now. It would be nice if that feeling of everybody knowing everybody was everywhere no matter how bid we got, ya know.

Yap I know what you mean. I remember the days when we where wrestling with Gogo about him running around the net dragging more and more people over. It felt for a moment as we had to shear net heaven with everyone but we got used to it. The original feel of a super tight community will be hard to get back. But with the size this place has reached I think its quiet impressive the level of closeness it has retained.

As for new people getting the feel. It is in my experience that 90% of people lurk before they join us. To confirm this all you would need to take a look at many peoples first post or there intro topics. Even though they just joined the place they post like they where part of the place for a long time and in a way they have been from the corner shadows. The forums are a quite strange and beautiful thing if you ask me. So many things to analyze. :gun2:

Yeah, what's up with that anyway? Be my friends damnit! :gun2:

I think creating more focus to profiles is a great idea. I've often thought of how I'd add more control over profiles for members. It's almost like we have our own FDM Facebook and it's a shame it isn't used more. I love our profiles and I think there's great opportunity for fun in them. I created theLast.fm mod a long time ago but I think it needs to go because Last.fm has changed the player a lot overtime. It's too restrictive now and not enjoyable at all. I think I'd like to replace it with a Youtube module. It could be the "Youtube that best describes you" or some such. A Youtube video that's meaningful to the person that owns the page.

Anyway... I'm off to force everyone to be mah friend. Check mah profile out now suckahs! I'm tho popular. :woot:

Haha...now you have lots of friends...thats dirty...forcing everyone to be your friends...what happened to the bribes?

lol

Yeah, what's up with that anyway? Be my friends damnit! :3lmao:

:4rofl::4rofl: Man that line is worth Gold! :4rofl::4rofl:

:4rofl::4rofl: It should go right in your sig Schot :4rofl::4rofl:

:4rofl::4rofl: It made my day :4rofl::4rofl:

I'm so adding that as my profile's personal statement.

Adjusted my profile's display a bit... :o

omgod Brad

This is like... so ... so .. sad

:o

gogo

I.. I.. ... Did you friend me yet? :D

P.s.

Woot! Just forced another friendship!

Yeah, what's up with that anyway? Be my friends damnit! :o

I think creating more focus to profiles is a great idea. I've often thought of how I'd add more control over profiles for members. It's almost like we have our own FDM Facebook and it's a shame it isn't used more. I love our profiles and I think there's great opportunity for fun in them. I created theLast.fm mod a long time ago but I think it needs to go because Last.fm has changed the player a lot overtime. It's too restrictive now and not enjoyable at all. I think I'd like to replace it with a Youtube module. It could be the "Youtube that best describes you" or some such. A Youtube video that's meaningful to the person that owns the page.

Anyway... I'm off to force everyone to be mah friend. Check mah profile out now suckahs! I'm tho popular. :4rofl:

Keep going Evil Administrator! You've got about 10,000 more unloyal subjects of kingdom Schotdom to squish under your thumb until they kneel in your presence lol:butcher:

Evil schot, Evil! :4rofl:

lol, clicker finger is gettin tired. This is hard work man. See what your beloved Admin does for y'all hmmmmm?

I'm waiting for my friend requests btw... :o

Oh loco. Can I make this public? That way I can bonk more peeps with mah friend stick. _minion_master__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter.gif

lol, clicker finger is gettin tired. This is hard work man. See what your beloved Admin does for y'all hmmmmm?

Oh loco. Can I make this public? That way I can bonk more peeps with mah friend stick. _minion_master__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter.gif

Public it shall be, your wish is my com....... wait, I can't do that, yet! someday maybe. you have to promote your own madness to the public domain! LOL

Edited by locolagarto

Haha...well I added you..of course now you're my only friend...and I think most people dont have too many either, except for you and you're pages of them.

And I saw your personal statement...lol you actually put that in!

Public it shall be, your wish is my com....... wait, I can't do that, yet! someday maybe. you have to promote your own madness to the public domain! LOL

Hey hey, wait a sec now. I do believe this is all your doing hmmmm. If the entire forum becomes zombie friends it's on your head loco. After all you started all this. :4rofl:

I'm waiting for my friend requests btw... :4rofl:

Haha...well I added you..of course now you're my only friend...and I think most people dont have too many either, except for you and you're pages of them.

I so did! And hey it worked. You saw it. Then yah friended me. It's aaaall coming together. _mwahaboom__by_brokenboulevard.gif

Hey hey, wait a sec now. I do believe this is all your doing hmmmm. If the entire forum becomes zombie friends it's on your head loco. After all you started all this. :4rofl:

:o And when it all comes crashing down around me, I go out knowing I was your first friend! :4rofl:

I so did! And hey it worked. You saw it. Then yah friended me. It's aaaall coming together. _mwahaboom__by_brokenboulevard.gif

Yep...I did "friended" you...now im just after my bribe! But I think its too late now that I already did it.

P.S. I love this smiley: _mwahaboom__by_brokenboulevard.gif - Its so morbid...yet so evil!

Hehe its really funny that friend system. When you take a look at it you think your friends should have added you when in fact you are the one that makes that list. So if its empty you should start clicking like schot adding people there. :4rofl:

P.S. Schot why do you have to click why not just add the full data base to your profile that would be 10.000 friends you can add Google.com and MSN.com as friends as well. I would love to have some spider friends. :4rofl:

P.S.S.: Everyone something really strange is going on. This topic has hit 18 post and gogo has not made un appearance in it. Whats going on with this place Schot has friends gogo is not posting the world is up side down. :4rofl:

. Whats going on with this place Schot has friends gogo is not posting the world is up side down. :4rofl:

Don't forget to mention that THE COOKIES ARE FINISHED! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :4rofl::4rofl::oooo:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

PS: added Schot to friends list ^^

Edited by Chareos Rantras
Don't forget to mention that THE COOKIES ARE FINISHED! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :4rofl::4rofl::oooo:

Hmmm that sounds to good to be true. Whats the expiration date on thous cookie boxes. :4rofl:

On a cool note, all serious here, *under his breath, ya right* now to send a pm you don't have to type the recipient. you just click from the pull down box. may be a silver lining huh?

and I thought I was special when schot sent me a friendship request yesterday, until I checked his "new" friends list.......now I'm just one of the countless other suckers! :oooo:

Hey hey, wait a sec now. I do believe this is all your doing hmmmm. If the entire forum becomes zombie friends it's on your head loco. After all you started all this. :lol:

:thumbsup: And when it all comes crashing down around me, I go out knowing I was your first friend! :hugs:

Ain't that the truth mah friend. :oooo: *holds loco in front of angry zombie friend mob* :4rofl:

I'm waiting for my friend requests btw... :mafia:

Yep...I did "friended" you...now im just after my bribe! But I think its too late now that I already did it.

P.S. I love this smiley: _mwahaboom__by_brokenboulevard.gif - Its so morbid...yet so evil!

Hehe, sooooo random eh. That's something delightfully strange about it. Which makes it perfect. ^^

Wow I got like ummm well either zero friends or it did a roll-over. I'm going with the roll-over theory :D

Hmmm, I should have went with that excuse reason from the start. I think the forum would have been safer...

Hehe its really funny that friend system. When you take a look at it you think your friends should have added you when in fact you are the one that makes that list. So if its empty you should start clicking like schot adding people there. :4rofl:

P.S. Schot why do you have to click why not just add the full data base to your profile that would be 10.000 friends you can add Google.com and MSN.com as friends as well. I would love to have some spider friends. :4rofl:

P.S.S.: Everyone something really strange is going on. This topic has hit 18 post and gogo has not made un appearance in it. Whats going on with this place Schot has friends gogo is not posting the world is up side down. :4rofl:

Yeah, I don't get the system either but I ain't complainin! Where is that gogo anywho? He still hasn't friended me... Damnit. ^^

Now then... Due to, eeeeeh... Technical difficulties the entire planet will be down for the duration of, ummm.... *checks membership count* Ah yes. For the duration of 10,403 seconds. Thank you for friending and have a nice day.

Woot! More zombie friends. Mwahaha! Zombiefies Chareos's cookies too. _minion_master__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter.gif

On a cool note, all serious here, *under his breath, ya right* now to send a pm you don't have to type the recipient. you just click from the pull down box. may be a silver lining huh?

Ah ha! Good eye loco. That IS very handy.

and I thought I was special when schot sent me a friendship request yesterday, until I checked his "new" friends list.......now I'm just one of the countless other suckers! :o

rofl stubbs. Dang you're too quick. You know I was thinking about that very thing yesterday. I received some PMs of thanx for the "Friending" and I thought to myself. *Gulp* "I sure hope they don't see my Friend list, eh heh..." I'm turning into the town trollop. :4rofl:

Woot! More zombie friends. Mwahaha! Zombiefies Chareos's cookies too. _minion_master__by_ChaosEmeraldHunter.gif

I need some zombified ketchup with those please!

And while I'm at McSchot's, throw in a McZombieDeluxe plz

cheers!

Chareos Rantras