Non-Random Uniques with Random Item Modifiers?

Well, I talked to Schot about this, and he said I should start a discussion page.

Schot told me that Sacred devs made something and there are no random uniques anymore. There is a line in balance.txt file, DropMaxRandomRare, that tells what is the highest-quality random unique generated (dropped by enemies), and it's normally =12, so there won't be random sets, uniques or legendaries.

However, there are some unique items whose name never changes, but their item modifiers do. Those items are some unique rings and amulets.

We have, for example, a Ker's Chaos. It's always the same estructure, and its two item modifiers are always random:

Regeneration time: [[Aspect]] -X%

[[Combat art]] +X

Here are two examples:

c2.jpg

There is a very extrange thing, and it's that its item modifiers aren't random at all, as both are always for the same character class.

There are other items that have 1 static item modifier and the other one is random. For example, Lord Wayne's Wild Rage:

c1.jpg

Other items such as Arni's Ring, Legoril's Amulet, Maldrion's Necklace, Arta's Effulgence belong to the same category.

And finally there are items that have both modifiers static, but it is random to be displayed. Therefore, we can find rings and amulet that have 2, 1 or 0 item modifiers. Here's Urtak's Sparkle for example.

c3.jpg

Denvera's Talisman, Samaur Chains, Peptar's Precious and some more uniques belong to this category too.

Now, the question is:

Should we make a distinction between non-random unique items then?

Edited by Munera

These unique items have a special structure and the mods aren't completely random. So they differ from the former "random uniques" which had completly random mods like rare items.

Now, the question is:

Should we make a distinction between non-random unique items then?

So I think we should see them as regular uniques souldn't make a distinction.

It can appear that stats are being randomly generated at times on uniques but many of these occurrences can be explained by "solid" variables. One variable that dictates stat values is server difficulty. Finding an item, any item, on a Bronze server can have noticeably less stats than the same item found on a Silver server. Even the number of sockets can be affected by server difficulty. Not only that but class can be a deciding factor as well. Depending on which class you are playing it can determine the class that unique can be used by. Since some uniques are designed to adjust their stats based on the class that found it we will see very differing stats by class association.

There are some randomized stats like Ker's Chaos but the level of randomization is minimal. For example:

1. the first stat will always be either "Regeneration Time:" or "Regeneration Time: CLASS ASPECT"
  2. the second stat will always be one of the character class's Combat Art's

Random yes but we know exactly what to expect. "It will reduce some of my class's Combat Art regeneration times and increase the level of one of my Combat Arts. As for Urtak's Sparkle I'm pretty sure it's broken, haha.

I agree with Slevin. When we created Notes on Uniques in Sacred 2 version 2.12 it was because Sacred 2 had Uniques who's names were randomly generated. This was a huge change to what we were accustomed to from the days of Underworld and so we desperately needed a distinction. Now that randomly named uniques have been removed it's less of a priority.

Still I think it's useful to at least publish the knowledge about present day uniques. For a new player and many long time players the information is of great use.

Great topic Munera. Thanx! :)

Urtak's Sparkle spawning with Bargaining & Enhanced Perception is rare when I'm playing with my Shadow Warrior, only 1 time out of 5 does it come with the stats, so my guess here is that when you don't have those skills they have a slim chance of being on the item.

So I'm wondering if I had played with a char that had picked those two skills, would it then be more likely that the stats appeared on the item...

Still I think it's useful to at least publish the knowledge about present day uniques. For a new player and many long time players the information is of great use.
:)

Well, I didn't want to create a new unique items class. I thought that it would be useful to put in the wiki this information. For example, in Ker's Chaos, it would be better to put those two item modifiers (regen time and a random combat art, both for the same char) than flooding it with pictures of different Ker's Chaos versions. Normally, the wiki only displays the item modifier of ONE specific unique version, but it doesn't mention that it can be another combat art, or another skill, or aspect... You know, that may confuse the readers as they think the unique is only like that picture.

Finding an item, any item, on a Bronze server can have noticeably less stats than the same item found on a Silver server. Even the number of sockets can be affected by server difficulty.

I don't think the server does influde a lot (you can find an empty urtak's sparkle in gold too), but maybe if you have those skills or more magic find...

Not only that but class can be a deciding factor as well. Depending on which class you are playing it can determine the class that unique can be used by.

I agree with you (although you can find some modifiers that don't have profits for your character). In fact, if you are playing a Shadow Warrior, you can find guns that you can't use, but they have Shadow Warrior skills or combat arts as item modifiers. Your skills may also have an effect. Most items you find increase skills that your character has.

Schot told me that Sacred devs made something and there are no random uniques anymore.

I remember when this happened ...just about when game was released. The devs hadn't had enough time to properly order everything the way it was supposed to go...hence the huge mess of crazy uniques that was being generated as well as with us being able to buy Uniques in the stores...almost like the days when the original Sacred came out.

Course, they fixed all this and eventually the random uniques were taken out...but we were left with the uniques that you have pointed out. I know that the devs had planned that some of the uniques would not only gain in value as levels increased... but also that that the number and quality of mods on them would change.

Lord Wayne's is a weird one, I agree... and legoril's changes depending on class of who picks them up.

There may be others.

:agreed:

gogo