Does %Leech work properly for xbox 360?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to explain, but you could try a weapon without LL% that almost have the same damage and see if there are any significant differences in the damage dealt, and then switch back to the LL% weapon again and you should see if it works or not.

Uhm... on my PS3, I see all the things you guys do... and I often wondered about it while I was going thru the game with my seraphim, who uses 2H swords with LL % for bosses.

Then I remembered that as long as I'm hitting a boss with the LL%, I never had to use a health potion.... (Since I was leeching so much life).

Except when the boss was hitting for MUCH more than what the LL was giving me back. (4 Guardians at end of each difficulty level, basiclly)

So I assumed it was working right, and is just a "display" bug. :)

My 2 cents

Scott

LL is better for mobs, due to low health and a fixed amount being taken

LL% is better for bosses, as its a percentage health decrease

as far as I know its fine on console, my dryads +LL% ninja star is godsend :)

I've been trying to get this going for a while now but I can never seem to find any acceptable ninja stars. My Bargaining and EP are twice that of my level and I'm still having no such luck. Have you ever tried life leech with a blowgun? Also, are there any life leech stuffs that have more than 1.5%? Maybe that all I can get since I'm playing in silver. Is the campaign fairly easy to finish? I want to get some of the gold, plat and niob stuffs in my possesion.

Well if I was ever able to get my hands on Detheya's Greaves I could put this issue to REST. If I get time over lunch I will run a test on this. I will run the bosses WITHOUT my wife. Its very hard to tell what I am doing when she is with me because she does 5 times my damage and basically provides the "chunks" of damage to his life.

If I had to guess, I am leaning on the % life leech WORKS and its simply a display issue but I will test it ASAP and get back with a report. If indeed this does NOT work, then I am going to be semi-upset and immediately throw this Detheya's set in the garbage can and look for other stuff! LOL

tried it with a similar damage weapon, and concluded that its a display glitch.

well, normally 1 health potion is enough for most bosses. I used 42. :S and the health went a LOT slower

Good, now I don't feel that I have to test this myself at lunch. I to was pretty sure this is a display glitch. What number did you see next to ADDITIONAL DAMAGE? I slapped on a 1.8% leech star last night and I was reading "ADDITIONAL DAMAGE 4" versus the "2" I saw with my 1.5% star so I have no idea what this means. In hind sight I don't think the 4 was against a boss but just a regular monster because I wanted to see it. Perhaps its showing only the first number of damage so the 2 is 20,000 and the 4 was only 400.... I don't know.

Edited by keyser soze
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure life Leach works at all still. Last night at level 22 two friends and I were killing the octopus boss and I was using a 1.7% life Leach weapon. Never had a single "additional damage" message pop up and when I was hitting my health bar didn't move. I saw the life Leach graphic going off, but I really don't think it was doing any damage or healing. This was with a two handed sword on the xbox

I am not sure life Leach works at all still. Last night at level 22 two friends and I were killing the octopus boss and I was using a 1.7% life Leach weapon. Never had a single "additional damage" message pop up and when I was hitting my health bar didn't move. I saw the life Leach graphic going off, but I really don't think it was doing any damage or healing. This was with a two handed sword on the xbox

LOL, well I have come to the conclusion that its almost impossible to tell and due to that point alone its really WORTHLESS. If you can't tell if its happening for sure then how effective is it really? Until I farm the end bosses in Niob, I really don't think it matters at all and the jury is still out if it will matter then. Before then, I am comfortable saying it doesn't matter.

Problem for my character is that I can't detect it through the leaching part at all since my REGEN/SECOND is so freaking high anyways. I am too lazy to attempt to set up a test case where I lower my defense a lot and let something beat me down enough to test. At the end of the day, I am very disappointed with this leaching in general since regardless if it works, I can't really tell... Who knows, maybe I will sing a different tune by the end of Niob... half way through Niob I can not tell.

Well I was ready to return to the BOX and test this for you guys and as soon as I turned on the Console I got three red rings! CRAP!

Doh, that stinks big time! I feel for you man. If when you do take time to test please get back with us. Here is what I would do to test if I had more time and patience:

Take a character that has MASSIVE HPs and remove ALL other leaching gear. Then go to a location where you can easily let things beat you down in a very controlled environment. Then simply kill 10 things and watch your HPs. Should be a pretty easy computation if you have enough HPs and you should be able to prove this out based on the LEACHING AMOUNT versus the DAMAGE AMOUNT. Perhaps there are major flaws with this logic that I am not thinking of but this is all I can think of at this time.

Here is test I did and why I do NOT think it works at this time: I went to end of Platinum and fought the end bosses and took off a piece of the set and took off the ninja star (zero % leaching left) and I fought the bosses solo and could not see much of a difference in speed of death. The driving factor for me is purely HITTING I think as my % chance to hit is so freaking LOW that its all that really matters. I have not had time to re-tool in a way as to really up that %. My thoughts to do that was to get 4 rings on with -%enemy defense... figure I could get them down about 60% which should REALLY jack up my % chance to hit.

For what its worth, my ATT is around 3,000 where my wife's SEPH is around 8,500. I know mine is low but its so low that when I add stuff it doesn't really go UP that much. By the way, I sucked down 200 SP runes and I am level 105.

Well I was ready to return to the BOX and test this for you guys and as soon as I turned on the Console I got three red rings! CRAP!

Three red rings? By the way you guys are talking about this it sounds horrible.. can someone tell me what this means please?

:)

gogo

Three red rings? By the way you guys are talking about this it sounds horrible.. can someone tell me what this means please?

:)

gogo

It's a critical end of life error for Xbox 360 consoles that has plagued MS from the original release of the 360. it basically happens when a solder connection inside the box cracks. MS has reportedly spent $1 billion on warranties and R&D to fix and yet we still have the problem. I am lucky as this XBOX just over 2 years old and this is my first. So my options are to return it to MS and wait for a couple months for them to fix it, or go to GAMESTOP, they will give me $100 for the broken one and sell me a refurbished for $200. with a 1 year replacement warranty.

For the last 3 months it has been used only to watch DVDs with my boys. I have a DVD player in the closet that can do that. It's just the idea of the $450 360 Elite that is now trash that really hurts.

My first sacred2 character more than a year back on PC was a melee elf and I was puzzled when I suddenly saw 'extra damage 1' lines. I think in the old PC patch it was something like how many 'x times thousand' life leech damage you did. I was doing fixed life leech but magic coup at its malus, so the fixed life leech resulted in 'extra damage 1' once it was above 1000. Other player got the extra damage lines only when fighting bosses, the answer was they did x% life leech which climbs above 1000 mainly at bosses. Patch 2.40 was the one which brought exact life leech numbers I think.

Life leech was working nicely all the patches, just the displayed lines were confusing sometimes.

So you have old Life leech lines on console, but you had mana leech (regeneration per hit) full functioning from beginning.

We have no consoles at home and only a 4800baud internet access. And the consoles I watched at a shop couldn't be updated with an usb-stick. Not touching a console ever, thats why I hesitate to post console stuff normally. But this 'extra damage 1' rang a phone in my head: I was the only player who had a build designed on really high 'fixed life leech' in the german forum and so I was quite alone with my question :)

post scriptum: I am not really sure if the console is the same as PC pre patch 2.40. But seeing no extra damage lines at low levels even with a x% life leech weapon could explain it, below 1000 life leech it is not displayed. You console people should do simple tests:

Kill a boss, watch his hitpoints in last kill , look at your x% leech and do some maths what x% leech are from the hitpoints of the boss. If you do 1% leech at a 100000hp boss life leech should be 1000 and displayed as extra damage 1, at a 200001hp boss with same 1% leech it should be displayed as extra damage 2.

I am not really sure if it is x times thousand life leech. I stopped my maths and testing when 2.40 came out.

Edited by chattius
My first sacred2 character more than a year back on PC was a melee elf and I was puzzled when I suddenly saw 'extra damage 1' lines. I think in the old PC patch it was something like how many 'x times thousand' life leech damage you did. I was doing fixed life leech but magic coup at its malus, so the fixed life leech resulted in 'extra damage 1' once it was above 1000. Other player got the extra damage lines only when fighting bosses, the answer was they did x% life leech which climbs above 1000 mainly at bosses. Patch 2.40 was the one which brought exact life leech numbers I think.

Life leech was working nicely all the patches, just the displayed lines were confusing sometimes.

So you have old Life leech lines on console, but you had mana leech (regeneration per hit) full functioning from beginning.

We have no consoles at home and only a 4800baud internet access. And the consoles I watched at a job couldn't be upodated with an usb-stick. Not touching a console ever, thats why I hesitate to post console stuff normally. But this 'extra damage 1' rang a phone in my head: I was the only player who had a build designed on really high 'fixed life leech' in the german forum and so I was quite alone with my question :D

post scriptum: I am not really sure if the console is the same as PC pre patch 2.40. But seeing no extra damage lines at low levels even with a x% life leech weapon could explain it, below 1000 life leech it is not displayed. You console people should do simple tests:

Kill a boss, watch his hitpoints in last kill , look at your x% leech and do some maths what x% leech are from the hitpoints of the boss. If you do 1% leech at a 100000hp boss it should be extra damage 1, at a 200001hp boss with same 1% leech it should be 2.

I am not really sure if it is x times thousand life leech. I stopped my maths and testing when 2.40 came out.

Perfect! I believe this puts the question to rest. Definitely explains everything I have seen, based on my experiences. Thanks a "thousand", Chattius :)

We have no consoles at home and only a 4800baud internet access. And the consoles I watched at a shop couldn't be updated with an usb-stick. Not touching a console ever, thats why I hesitate to post console stuff normally. But this 'extra damage 1' rang a phone in my head: I was the only player who had a build designed on really high 'fixed life leech' in the german forum and so I was quite alone with my question :)

Kill a boss, watch his hitpoints in last kill , look at your x% leech and do some maths what x% leech are from the hitpoints of the boss. If you do 1% leech at a 100000hp boss life leech should be 1000 and displayed as extra damage 1, at a 200001hp boss with same 1% leech it should be displayed as extra damage 2.

This is pretty interesting and this I SHOULD be able to test. The HIGHEST ADDITIONAL DAMAGE that I have ever seen is "12" which would suggest 12,000. This is when I have the full set on plus a 1.8% ninja star. I believe in Platinum I am getting around 5% life leech. So if I am doing 12K damage at 5% then that would suggest I am hitting something with 240K life.

Ouch :) sorry to hear that. I just had to replace mine about 4 months ago. I didnt have an elite, I just had one of the originals since I got one within about a month of release.. I didnt have the red rings, mine just one day locked up while booting and then would never even get to the boot screen after that ;) I guess the system didnt respect me enough to even give me an error ring ><

The arcade model of the system is fairly cheap and you can just stick your hard drive on it still. So from mine only set me back about $200. It is annoying that it has a built in memory card so every game makes you choose a save device and each time you select a character in Sacred 2 you have to pick it.. a little annoying, but I think its worth saving the cash on getting another hard drive that I dont need because I already have one.... mine doesnt quite work right, but it works :D My drive has something wrong with its connection so it needs to warm up before it works, so I have to turn my xbox on about 5 mins before I want to start playing, and then power it off and back on to get the drive to work, otherwise I get a single red bar on the ring and error E68 or E69.

Also check when you got yours, as there is an extended warranty that applies specifically to the red ring of death

Sorry for your loss, Loco :cry:

My PS3 has been in for service 3 times. First time, I was inside warranty, so free fix. Second time, $200. From the bill, I gathered they put a new blu-ray in. Third time, was within the warranty from the 2nd time in.

All from the overheating issue so common in PS3.

I feel your pain, but at least you still have PC! :sigh:

Tested this last night and this is SPOT on. Not sure about how it ROUNDS and sometimes the first hit gives me a higher number then the other hits which doesn't make sense but it DOES appear that the ADDITIONAL DAMAGE is in THOUSANDS and it would appear that it rounds DOWN such that if you don't break 1000 you don't see any additional damage.

Did the PLATINUM END bosses several times with approx 5% Life Leach and against the first 3 was getting 12 or 11 ADDITIONAL Damage every time I hit. This equates to 11,000 x 1/5% = 220,000 HPs which is almost exactly the hit points of the first 3 machines. The last guy was a consistent 19 which equates to 380,000 which is roughly his HPs as well. Being that I do a few thousand HP on normal monsters anyways, its obvious why this has not been a HUGE factor for me since the guys with MASSIVE HPs also have massive DEF thus I hit them seldom and my wife hits them much more often. I only land 25% of my attacks versus the end guys although I must do something to weaken them because I seem to land more towards the end of their lives.

Anyways, I am guessing for NIOB this WILL BE A DRAMATIC EFFECT since I also plan on PUMPING (- enemy defense %) and possibly weaken so that I can land most of my shots. I will likely drop my DEATHBLOW down to do this.

Question: does DEATHBLOW stack the leech damage? I know it does NOT on the visual of ADDITIONAL DAMAGE; however, at the end of the monster's life it was going down REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLLLY fast!

Deathblow shouldn't work on x% life leech.

The fact that you see bigger life leech to begin of a battle:

Weaken and deep wounds both reduce the maximal hitpoints of an enemy. And since x% lifeleech is calculated from the maximal hitpoints, which are lower for a while because of the above effects, it does less damage.

Weaken is 20% reduction of attributes, deep wound 8% reduction on enemy max life.

The life seen is the ratio between actual hitpoints and maximal hitpoints. If an effect which reduced maximal hitpoints wears off the ratio changes: it has suddenly more max hitpoints at same health. This is perhaps a reason to what you have seen. But normal damage boosted up by deathblow can have a big impact too if it is done in a damage type not resisted by the enemy.

Edited by chattius
Deathblow shouldn't work on x% life leech.

The fact that you see bigger life leech to begin of a battle:

Weaken and deep wounds both reduce the maximal hitpoints of an enemy. And since x% lifeleech is calculated from the maximal hitpoints, which are lower for a while because of the above effects, it does less damage.

Weaken is 20% reduction of attributes, deep wound 8% reduction on enemy max life.

The life seen is the ratio between actual hitpoints and maximal hitpoints. If an effect which reduced maximal hitpoints wears off the ratio changes: it has suddenly more hitpoints at same health. This is perhaps a reason to what you have seen. But Normal damage boosted up by deathblow can have a big impact too if it is done in a damage type not resisted by the enemy.

Thanks, I will start an experiment by socketing different shields with different rings and report back what I find. Everything you have reported seems to be spot on with what I have seen when farming the end guys in Platinum. Everything else dies so fast it doesn't matter too much because I play with the BFG SEPH as a side kick.