Changes between Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood

Could you list changes that you can think of off the top of your head between ice and blood and fallen angel.....

5 combos and 5 weapons sets

Dragon Mage

New Mounts

New Items

New Region/part of Story

Deathblow only on weapons

Regeneration per hit works

Monsters that have a lot of DOT

Reduced Effect of Bargaining on shop modifiers (eg less + skills on level X bargainer amulet)

Expert Touch taken at Character Creation

Less Benefit from the attribute Strength

Ancient Magic for seraphim and Inquisitor

Ok thats all I know....

Enemies with Leech Life %.

Dexterity and Intelligence have also little gain per points spent damage wise.

All enemies have gotten a serious HP boost.

Carrier Imp included.

Skin & hair color options.

Magic Staffs can shoot projectiles.

And tons of other things I can't remember right now.

Edited by Spunky

More slots for sets

New bugs :) (for example, mounted enemies can't stand the Area of Effect effect of my Dem. Blow and they explode; and the annoying camera thing)

You can only read 200 runes per Combat Art

Edited by Munera

Monsters with obscene amounts of Life Leech. This is a problem as Life Leech bypasses all kinds of armour and mitigation.

Magical Staves can shoot projectiles if you have the Magical Staves skill:

The look of the projectile is based on the damage types of the staff in question. Fire produces a fireball similar to those Skeleton mages shoot. Poison produces a poison bolt similar to those Kobold Shamans shoot. Magic produces a rather cool-looking black/blue bolt. Ice produces a whitish blue icy bolt and pure physical produces a rotund yellow fireball.

Magical staff bolt, while neat, aren't all that. They work sorta like the Temple Guardian battery bolts, IE. they only work with normal attacks and only if you are not within melee range of your target. Much like Temple Guardian battery bolts they don't seem to have a max range though. Great for sniping with your Staff Cheese Dryad though you have to give up dual wielding.

Mine are:

1. DB doesn't work for spells - many S2FA caster builds over level 65 are vastly underpowered now (since they can't even another damage booster skill to remedy the problem), while many close combat builds are vastly overpowered as a result.

2. Nerfed + All skills and + All Combat Arts - as a result, every finely balanced build in S2FA is now greatly unbalanced, some have even become unplayable.

I can live with the rest.

Edited by Dobri

I love all the new changes. This is the game now, and we're getting some wonderful new builds and ideas, specially with RPH.

I honestly got so tired of all the overload of uber plusall skills use before this, and the game was getting boring and we were losing players, activity ..I could feel the interest ebb.

We can tell from game sales numbers that there is interest now, folks are tuning into what's happening on DarkMatters, ice and blood, community is busier than ever, and we're getting lots of new members here every day.

yee haw!

Claudius, anytime you're playing, Post and hook up with us , we can get you goin with gold runes, mounts, lots of goodies.

This is EU.. now you're in Sacred 2!

:D

gogo

Claudius, anytime you're playing, Post and hook up with us , we can get you goin with gold runes, mounts, lots of goodies.

Thank you so much gogo. One reason I was excited about EU is because the community at dark matters has a 'home base' in which to interact and share. Even such things as "I'm going to the servers"...

One thing is that I had expected I wouldn't see many of you for awhile because I will probably try to unlock niob smithing with a softcore character first. Just so that I am not losing progress. I am building a veiled shadow warrior which is one build that at least in fallen angel could hold his own in platinum wastelands at low level. Then once I unlock niob smithing I will start the 'real' characters.

I hope my method doesn't upset people who worked much harder than me and actually unlocked niob smithing with a hardcore character!? Though my last veiled Shadow Warrior only had one death I would have pulled my hair out if I had to start out 'all over'.

Anyhow it will be a delight to see more people on the servers.

Flame horse and Unicorn as new horses

no longer a 'universal' special mount

staff lore in combination with the dryad all around attack may kill whole screen and more

a new still not understood 'direct damage' modifier

new unique armours

you can export characters from closed to single

Can the dryad take staff lore now? Previous version they could only take DW and then 2 staffs.

I noticed some graphic differences: a little different camera or something; it made me get lost for some reason a little bit. Better blood animation. Seems to run on my puter smoother; perhaps better frames. Weakness animation recognizable and different from frost animation which I haven't seen the frost yet. Zombie explosion looks cooler and grosser (could be a funny bug report?)!

The dryad has no problem taking staff lore and use a single staff to shoot, but dual staffs do not shoot at all.

EDIT: I'm starting to like the changes. It makes one treasure items like this one:

niceoneq.jpg

Which in S2FA I would have dismissed since I can get even better modifiers that these :)

Edited by Dobri

I have been playing Ice & Blood since the beginning of january and the things I have noticed the most are

A whole lot more bugs

The responce - controlls for the toons seem to have gotten worse again :woot:

The drops are really terrible compaired to standard Sacred 2 patch 2.40

I do like the 2 new area's and I have not been killed by a crystal yet :)

but I still havn't figgured out how to get to the end boss in the blood area

The circles really piff me off - they are totaly screwed up. my dragon Mage is doing the elf area and he has completed 114 quests "still alot more to go" and not one was a failed quest but he already has 5 red circles? and I have 1 in the human area and I haven't even been up there yet :)

I like the dragon mage even though I think he is alot like the Shadow Warrior

all in all I still think this is the best hack and slash game available for right now :agreed:

Oh yea when you do the x-mas quest now you get 2 sets at the end - a dragon mage set and who ever you are playing

Edited by Waterdeep
The circles really piff me off - they are totaly screwed up. my dragon Mage is doing the elf area and he has completed 114 quests "still alot more to go" and not one was a failed quest but he already has 5 red circles? and I have 1 in the human area and I haven't even been up there yet :woot:

Those are for the "Empty Office" quest, for some reason it gives every staff member a red circle regardless of whether you've taken the quest or not.

Dobri, DWing staves with Staff Lore worked in the beta though it didn't fire twice as fast or anything.

I've been noticing in Ice and Blood that sometimes the enemies in caves do not spawn. Then all the sudden they all just spawn. Noticed that in the kobold cave near the chieftain and also the cave from elf region to human.

Be really careful of this Claudius. It's happened to me a few times, even once in the tunnel leading to the Guardians. I think it's a dangerous kind of lag. Be very careful and get yourself in a prepared stance for when the enemies finally do spawn into your game.

:woot:

gogo

My game does this on Closed net always. when I enter a cave. as soon as I spawn, if I don't move my char, nothing spawns. if I start running and never stop, nothing spawns until I stop. so I have mad a habit of taking 2 steps and stopping to let the enemies spawn before starting through a cave. unless, I am in a hurry to get through, then I will run the length of the cave without stopping. the exit won't spawn until I stop, though. then out I go without having to fight a single monster.

but as Gogo said, be careful. they can spawn on all sides of you if your not ready.

I've read somewhere that critical from gear does not apply to spells anymore in Ice and Blood? Is this true?

Does Lore critical still apply?

Does enhance smithing art apply?

Previously mods on inquisitor purifying chastisement raised crits on spells. Still true?

Previously mods on dryad sinister predator raised crits on spells. Still true?

Edited by claudius