Hello Hello!

Hey guys, long time no speak :)

Just finishing up my studies, been years in the making, and was thinking about old times of gaming glory!

Just wondering how everyone is doing etc, I dropped off the map shortly after the release of Ice & Blood for the EU folks.

I've actually been playing sacred 1 again,.... a lot.

It's still the king of these games, it makes me kinda sad when I try to login to closed net :)

I actually preffer it to sacred 2 even, it's just no comparison now that I'm playing it again (aside flashy new graphics etc)

It's wierd how nostalgic playing it again makes me lol. I really miss those old days.

Anyway, yeah just wanted to say hi, etc to the best gaming community ever (if any of you old timers are around say hi!)

Hope you're all well, and enjoying life etc.

If anyone has interest in sacred 1 over hamachi lan or something that might be cool if we could work it out, I have a rig that could handle a full server as I need it for work etc idk just a thought :)

Cheers guys, hopefully they do sacred 3 right, and no split servers etc and we can all meet again... though not being any ascaron in there... might be a totally different game.

Oh, if this should be somewhere else, please move it.

Cheers,

Welcome back, r00ste! What were you studying?

I haven't played Sacred 1, unfortunately. Got into Sacred 2 when it was released for consoles. It's a very good game!

I hear you on the nostalgia thing. I like to go back and replay Diablo 1 every now and then, and I find it's far superior to the sequel in a lot of ways (atmosphere and such). I can imagine that the Sacred series might be the same way. :)

Hey there r00ster, welcome back!

Had a period awhile back too when I was hooked on S1 again, it's a great game that never get's old, so I might dive into it in the nearest future.

Blimey

Roostah!

awooooooooooooooooooooooo Welcome back to Sacred! Glad yer getting the fix from the first. It was an awesomely competent game, and with us all on one server it was like having extra content built into the game for free.

Give Sacred 2 a chance rooster. Check out the numbers for DarkMatters...we're busier than ever and a lot of peeps are having a good time.

Come back over to Darting Assault ascaron side ^^

:)

gogo

I've been doing s1 again a lot myself -- my uber graphics card has died a couple times, but the on board is way more than s1 needs.

And I always did like s1 better than Sacred 2. But MP online is also better than SP alone, so I have a dilemma facing me, too.

And not having Ice & Blood, I'm looking at $$$ for a card and the game to rejoin the crew at Dragon Mage. I hate it that financial matters get in the way of life.

Vicariously, I follow the Kami thread every week to see whats going down. Love to be there. Maybe when I get that raise in pay that is 4 years overdue.

Well gogo, I might join you but I am in a unique position here, perhaps you know how to resolve;

Since I was in certain circles, my game can access both the EU and US servers from one install.

All I have to change is the network info's in the optionsCustom.txt.

Anywhoo, I have accounts on both servers, from one US/NA version install.

How would I go about getting this to Ice and Blood? any ideas?

I don't want to buy the whole thing again, as both these accounts came with other 'perks' that I'd rather not get into, just understand I want to keep them.

Any ideas?

Can I just install Ice and Blood on the US version and everything ok?

Any other things I need to know?

Can I even get Ice and Blood seperately? or would I have to buy the whole thing again?

Thanks guys,

Well gogo, I might join you but I am in a unique position here, perhaps you know how to resolve;

Since I was in certain circles, my game can access both the EU and US servers from one install.

I don't want to buy the whole thing again, as both these accounts came with other 'perks' that I'd rather not get into, just understand I want to keep them.

Any ideas?

Can I even get Ice and Blood seperately? or would I have to buy the whole thing again?

Thanks guys,

Those perks and circles you refer to are probably better off left out of FDM. however.....

You can purchase UK Ice and Blood from the link at the top of page (DLGamer) and here is a link to the guide:

Guide - How to get Sacred 2 (US) working with Ice and Blood (UK)

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

Those perks and circles you refer to are probably better off left out of FDM. however.....

You can purchase UK Ice and Blood from the link at the top of page (DLGamer) and here is a link to the guide:

As for the other stuff, it's nothing bad, just like a lot of char slots etc, that I became accustomed to having like, a lot of mules etc.

Just didn't know if the NDA for a defunct company still applies or not.

Regardless, thanks for the info.

So if I install that, following the guide, is the key they give me good for one use on both servers, or just one of the servers?

Thanks again,

Hey r00ster! Nice to see ya!

Funnily enough, I just fired up S1 last weekend again. Started a new Battlemage and rediscovered how hard S1 is when you don't have starter gold, runes and equipment! Kinda made me realize that in Sacred 2 if you don't have the level 2 shopper you're at a big disadvantage too.

So. Yup. Some of us dabble in S1 from time to time...

Re: NDA: I imagine the NDA just shifts over to the new owners.

Hey r00ster! Nice to see ya!

Funnily enough, I just fired up S1 last weekend again. Started a new Battlemage and rediscovered how hard S1 is when you don't have starter gold, runes and equipment! Kinda made me realize that in Sacred 2 if you don't have the level 2 shopper you're at a big disadvantage too.

So. Yup. Some of us dabble in S1 from time to time...

Re: NDA: I imagine the NDA just shifts over to the new owners.

Thanks,

I am probably going to get the expansion, just waiting from words from Schot, who I've sent a PM.

Basically, I just want to make sure I can use the 'key' the DLgamer gives once for both servers.

Aside that, on Sacred 1,

I managed to export all my last batch of characters from Hardcore before the servers went offline, so I still have a lot of 150+ chars, some even 180-210 lol, from both my accounts.

But I've been playing 'untwinked' anways, as I've found these games are much more enjoyable when you don't have everything, and just massacre.

Same applies to Titan quest and Dungeon Siege 2 etc which I still play frequently.

That all said, if any of you who are 'dabbling' want to try some hamachi I would be willing to host, as I have a powerful rig.

Also, lastly, Sacred 1 can be made to look quite good, if you have an ATI card. There is an app called 'ati tray tools' that will allow you to crank the anti-aliasing and anisotropic way up, without getting those 'lines' as the tray tools has the 'alternate pixel center' option that will correct that issue.

Cheers guys,

I'm sure Ice and Blood can get you into EU servers to play with all of us. I don't think anyone knows whether ice and blood will for sure be able to get your copy of the game into EU and American though.

You can try.

And anyway, it's EU where peeps are.

:)

gogo

I'm sure Ice and Blood can get you into EU servers to play with all of us. I don't think anyone knows whether ice and blood will for sure be able to get your copy of the game into EU and American though.

You can try.

:D

gogo

It should be stated, that thus far I have installed Ice and Blood etc, all working on EU, the activation failed a few times, don't know why, then it went.

I'm just about to try to activate it on the US, then I should be on.

Seems I got another 2 char slots too lol... man that's like 20 now! woot.

I guess I'll see you guys online.

You can try.

gogo

It should be stated, that thus far I have installed Ice and Blood etc, all working on EU, the activation failed a few times, don't know why, then it went.

Excellent news!

You can try.

gogo

Excellent news!

Welp, seems I'll have to go to the EU servers, the US activated fine, but there are no servers, nor any I can make :D

There goes like, hundreds of hours and 6+ level 120+ chars :/

I'll be making servers named r00s c00p if anyone is around.

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas?

Thanks guys,

As for the other stuff, it's nothing bad, just like a lot of char slots etc, that I became accustomed to having like, a lot of mules etc.

Just didn't know if the NDA for a defunct company still applies or not.

Regardless, thanks for the info.

So if I install that, following the guide, is the key they give me good for one use on both servers, or just one of the servers?

Thanks again,

Ah! the NDA tells me you were a beta eh? that's cool.

As far as I know a new Gold key will only work in EU, but I don't know about US, I assume once you register it in one, it won't work for the other. and obviously Ice and Blood won't work in US servers anyway.