Another Newbie

Hello all, great place you have here! :twitch: Anyways, I'm Rebecca, a 30 yr. old near-lifelong gamer (first system we had was the Intellivision), but brand new to Sacred 2-- just started playing on the 360 this weekend. Quite addictive so far; have my Seraphim to lv. 11 with just a couple % of the map explored. Started off playing on bronze to lv. 5 but then switched over to silver as it was a bit too easy and I knew I'd need to complete it anyways for the sake of unlocking gold/achievements. Challenge seems about right now, and I can see there will be a lot of strategy involved in this. I've always been a big RPG fan and love ones where I can explore and gather loot (Oblivion, Fallout 3, ect.) but this will be a new experience. I have to add too that so far this game has some of the best humor I've seen-- the tombstones, the NPC conversations, even the enemies (the Kobolds are particularly amusing I think). :D Will probably just lurk around and read but thought I'd say hi and thanks!

Also, though I haven't upgraded to gold on Xbox Live, I do plan to do so eventually and hope to one day find folks to play with!

Edited by Paka

Welcome to Darkmatters Rebecca!

If you like RPGs, you'll love Sacred 2. There's a lot of humor in it.

About the tombstones, some of them are named for some our members here.

Hope you'll enjoy your time here, and welcome again! :D

Max

Thanks for the welcome! thanx.gif

So, if you stay here long enough you could wind up with an in-game grave? :D Awesome! I do remember reading one about "the last forum member to start a thread about the water bottle" or something along those lines; forgot the exact wording.

Welcome Rebecca!

Glad to see you made here to see us. There are some very cool Easter eggs in ancaria.

The tombstones were for Sacred 1 players who lost characters in HC and had a funny story to go with it.

I really laughed the day I found the T-Rex tracks on dryad island.

Cheers enjoy the forum and check out the sacredwiki.

Hello Rebecca! Welcome to FDM :twitch:

As gogo says, there isnt such a thing like a newbie, there are just new players. So let us help you if you have any doubts or questions :D

Thanks, all! :D Yep, was checking out the wiki this weekend (found it through a search too); excellent stuff! I can tell I have a lot to learn!

Hey Rebecca!

lol, you're talking a lot about the humor in this game and late, early...lol...this morning while I was playing Sacred 2, I, for a second, dropped out of game mode, to really focus on some of the writing that was there in some dialogue for a quest in Ice and Blood. It got a chuckle out of me, and for that quick second it released that tiny micro-burst of Sacred fondness that always makes me smile. I know a lot of other people have kept attention on this game's humor, but after years it's easy to gloss over, and I'm glad I got sucked into laughing land during the dusk hours with this game

I am happy to have someone else here on board as much in love with all the jewels of this, Ascaron's swan song.

Have fun here on these boards, Welcome to DarkMatters!

:D

gogo

Thanks again! :gun2: Well, got myself killed for the first time last night (paralyzed and swarmed)... guess that no-dying achievement will have to wait, lol. I'm thinking I may do a quick bronze runthrough with a Shadow Warrior after I complete this one to pick up that achievement and a few others (on this one I'm wanting to do and explore everything). I'm having a lot of fun with this so far!