PC tips for Sacred 2?

Hey guys, long time no see! I recently just bought a new computer because the old one's hd crashed. I decided to try to install Sacred 2, because I could never get it to successfully run on my old comp. So I go ahead and...walah! It works! Now my question is if anyone has any tips for a PC player. I've played the game extensively on consoles since release day, but switching to the PC is a different experience. So, if anyone has any words of wisdom they'd like to share please do :blowup:

Hey guys, long time no see! I recently just bought a new computer because the old one's hd crashed. I decided to try to install Sacred 2, because I could never get it to successfully run on my old comp. So I go ahead and...walah! It works! Now my question is if anyone has any tips for a PC player. I've played the game extensively on consoles since release day, but switching to the PC is a different experience. So, if anyone has any words of wisdom they'd like to share please do :blowup:

Great to hear, Ryan!

I am a convert as well. There are several of us here that have posted our observations. I'll see if I can dig some of them up.

Any chance you will be on EU closed net servers? If you get Ice and Blood we can meet up and help u get started.

Well, it's hard to give any "tips" as such.

The game is mostly similar. All I can say is you need to familiarize yourself with the mouse/keyboard interface.

Well there is one other thing: Do NOT expect Viperish Disease to win the game for you. That skill got nerfed three ways till Sunday.

Well after some digging through my past threads, I found my first few days on PC. and I have to say I was pretty pitiful getting my system set-up and sacred installed. Phew!

the first 20-30 posts are me being completely lost trying to install the game, then at about post 30 we start to talk about the differences in PC vs. console

I made the leap to Sacred 2 PC, Downloaded UK PC version last night

My biggest suggestion would be to read Furian67 HC Rules to live by. and take it slow. you are starting over with empty chest. and Ancaria has a mean sense of humor. So even though you, just like me had many hours in on console, you need to play like its your first time through.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm in the process of switching over the PC version as well (haven't had a lot of time to play, so I'm still in the initial learning curve). Is there an easier way to switch between Combat Arts? Like, the ones in your active slots. Is it always 1 -> Right-click -> 2 -> Right-click or is there an easier way to do this? (Perhaps something as amazing as just clicking 1 or 2 and automatically casting them?)

My other initial impression so far is that the PC version is significantly more difficult and that drops are much less frequent. I'm definitely agreeing with Loco's, "You need to play like its your first time through," advise: I've already taken a few deaths that I don't think I even had on the console by this point.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm in the process of switching over the PC version as well (haven't had a lot of time to play, so I'm still in the initial learning curve). Is there an easier way to switch between Combat Arts? Like, the ones in your active slots. Is it always 1 -> Right-click -> 2 -> Right-click or is there an easier way to do this? (Perhaps something as amazing as just clicking 1 or 2 and automatically casting them?)

My other initial impression so far is that the PC version is significantly more difficult and that drops are much less frequent. I'm definitely agreeing with Loco's, "You need to play like its your first time through," advise: I've already taken a few deaths that I don't think I even had on the console by this point.

In options:gameplay there is a checkbox for quickcast. Make sure it is checked. This will eliminate having to rightclick to cast spells. All you do is hit the hotkey and the spell should cast.

In options:gameplay there is a checkbox for quickcast. Make sure it is checked. This will eliminate having to rightclick to cast spells. All you do is hit the hotkey and the spell should cast.

I've been slowly reading through other threads: is quickcast only in Ice & Blood? I'm running US Fallen Angel right now to be able to play with a few close friends.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12676

^Ryan (good name, by the way, :P), this thread might not be the sort of thing you're looking for (since it's more of a differences thread than a tips thread), but I thought it was worth reading.

Sometimes since my left hand is on wasd instead of hitting numbers I will mouse to the portrait of the combat art in the slot I want to use and click it.. Kinda clunky but frees left hand.

Dah , finally figured out quick cast , my wrong thought process about it was that you activated it in the console then all you had to do was select the art and move over the creature with the cursor and it would activate ... this now sorted for me .... ok you all stop laughing at how dumb I am ;) and if your not laughing you should be :)

Edited by Groosum
Hey guys, long time no see! I recently just bought a new computer because the old one's hd crashed. I decided to try to install Sacred 2, because I could never get it to successfully run on my old comp. So I go ahead and...walah! It works! Now my question is if anyone has any tips for a PC player. I've played the game extensively on consoles since release day, but switching to the PC is a different experience. So, if anyone has any words of wisdom they'd like to share please do ;)

Big gratz with the comp!

Biggest Tip? Level 2 bargainer HE max points Bargainer... ten minutes to set up, twenty levels worth of goodies you can buy ^^ ( I think it was Schot that got me going on this a while back)

:)

gogo