Going on Vacation!

It's finally time for me to go on vacation.

I didn't really have vacation last year, because I was moving where I am right now.

But this year I have two weeks, and the first week we're going to Walt Disney World!

I'm sure we're gonna have a great time!

I never took a plane, so I don't really know what to expect. As I don't do rollercoasters, I don't really know how it feels.

I'm posting this topic to inform you that I won't be active during the next week, but I hope you will all have a great time kiiling monsters in Ancaria (especially those Evil Eyes that killed my Celestial Seraphim).

Have a great time and see you next week!

Max

Flying is usually very gentle. The pilots are trained to be very very gentle.

I got such a thrill when I first started flying... hope you have as much fun flying as I did.

Enjoy the Magic Kingdom and say Hi to the Mouse for me! :)

signed,

Dave (so you know who to tell him or her {in case you get Minnie instead} said "Hello!")

I usually don't do rollercoasters either, as my stomach churns too easily I guess..

even when I was a kid, I couldn't really enjoy any roundabout..

although it is said children don't get nausea that way so easily.. well I did^^

interesting tho, I never get seasick or airsick on the other hand?

that left-right turns are more complicated for me,

up-and-down motions I can cope with more easily..

for example as a co-driver or passenger in a car.. on curvy mountainroads with loads of serpentines..

(when I drive, its no problem)

Anyway! I'm sure theres a lot more than rollercoasters you could do in Disneyland !

have a nice Holiday,

and come back, all well up relaxed and happy :)

Edited by Rotluchs

max, this is awesome! Are you guys going with your GF too? I love airplanes. They have been a big part of my life since a few months old when my mother stuck my basinet under the chair in front and ignored my forlorn cries of attention :bye:

I'm actually addicted to and have been for years now to food and service on airplanes. Something about the tight efficiencies, the robust and very strong smell of coffee as soon as you board, the intricaccies of dinining on such a small service with the coolest of equipment all packaged exotically.

If this is your first trip, you'll love it if you just look out the window when taking off...that will sell you on the experience. I myself am not a huge fan of roller coasters, but in my more than 100 flights in my life I can probably count on one hand the nubmer of times being on an airplane even came close to being as strong a stomach bender as some elevators I've been on :D

And Disneyworld to boot... wow... So lucky!

I'll now even share with you one of my secret most favorite websites in the world as a vacation getaway gift...

Airline Meals!

THE second coolest website in the world ^^

Have a great trip my friend, bring back good stories

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Here I am back from vacation!

Boy we had lots of fun!

Are you guys going with your GF too?

I forgot to say in my first post : It was only me and my girlfriend doing the trip.

We took lots of pics, like everyone.

It's been raining until Tuesday morning, but after that it was sunny until we left on Sunday.

The last two days we were trying to meet as many Disney characters as possible, and meanwhile, we found a lama :

Here's a pic I took with Princess Ariel :

img0705j.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Max

Welcome back Max!

Ah ha, Yer a Disney Warrior...where's the ears dude! I remember when I went with my parents years back, there was like a water world called River Country that we all just laid about in for the whole day in huge rubber tubes rushing down slippery slopes.

What were your favorite rides? Do you like the stuff that makes your stomach spew...or the ones that expand your brain with new fangled gadgetry?

:superman:

gogo

p.s. And...your first plane ride, are you guys in for an Encore? ^^

What were your favorite rides? Do you like the stuff that makes your stomach spew...or the ones that expand your brain with new fangled gadgetry?

We're not the kind of people who do rides. My girlfriend is afraid of the Elevators (so no Tower of Terror for us), and the rollercoasters seemed too crazy. Plus, there was a 90-120 minutes wait for almost every ride.

p.s. And...your first plane ride, are you guys in for an Encore? ^^

I am ready for an Encore, but I don't think my girlfriend is. I was nervous before first taking the plane to go to Orlando, but it was ok when we came back to Montreal. For my girlfriend it was the opposite. She didn't like that we were beside the emergency exit (which is beside the wing). She found the plane was shaking too much.

Max

And.... the ears, max, the ears...

Where's the mousey ears?

I really wanted to buy mouse ears, but they couldn't fit into our luggage. And I don't have a pic of only me and Mickey Mouse.

Max

Hey welcome back max dudey. Nice to read you had a great time. I can relate on the whole plane thing. I'm kinda afraid to fly, lol.

Soooo, what were you most impressed by? Any "jaw-dropping" experiences while you were there? Do tell!

Soooo, what were you most impressed by? Any "jaw-dropping" experiences while you were there? Do tell!

Me and my girlfriend are not the kind of people who like to do rides, but some of them looked amazing.

I've been totally impressed by the building design. Everywhere we've been, the buildings just looked more and more awesome. They have such attention to detail.

And one of the things that almost blew my mind was the the Finding Nemo show, it was called : Finding Nemo : The Musical. I've been amazed by how things and characters have been made and how all was put together.

Here's a few pics from the show :

img0328dj.jpg

I love how they did the aquarium on this one :

img0357.jpg

img0365im.jpg

Of course the pics are not totally showing all the magic of these shows. You have to be there in person to feel the magic.

We've seen some 3D shows, and this time it was real 3D (it was deeper, and air/water was thrown at us). Even the muppet show was in 3D. And we really enjoyed it! It was really funny.

We had a blast going to Walt Disney World (even if we're young adults, there's something for almost everyone in there).

Max

Edited by metal_max64

I hear you on the attention to detail. When I was there with my parents, it was always the large number of small details that added up and gave it all that "magic" that I still can't forget.

*In the elevator, frames of pix that would spookily elongate with matching mirrors... was it us or the walls that were getting longer? Still a powerful illusion for Ghost Mansion

*hairs coming out of a pirate robots exposed calf draped carelessly over a bridge our boat had to pass beneath

*Magic stores upon magic stores, beautifully decorated with costumed salesman. I remember almost crying when my parents had to drag me out of what was, perhaps, the world's oldest Diagon Alley!

Diagon-Alley-web.jpg

:huh:

gogo