Fantastic improvement to Sacred 2

I have been struggling with a bug that affects my display while playing Sacred 2 and in the course of trying to solve it, Chattius recommended that I try using Schot's camera customizing mod. So I did, and I cannot believe how wonderfully different it makes Sacred 2 to play now! If anyone would like to try it for themselves, this is the post that they need to refer to, Schot's Wonderful Camera Modding .

Just look at these pictures of what it is like to play after I used his customisation!

Camera1.jpg

Camera2.jpg

Camera3.jpg

Camera4.jpg

Camera5.jpg

These images are just around Sloeford, you should see what it is like walking through the trees and bushes in the countryside, or especially fighting in the middle of a mob of enemies. It is just unbelievable after the standard 'overhead' style of playing.

All hail Schot! Genius of the first order. :D

Edited by podgie_bear

Burn in the fires of damnation all you PC players! :D Oh how I wish there was some way that us console players could do any type of modding! :cow_white:

Yup when I gave my pc version to a friend, Schott's camera mods was one of the first things we changed!

Yaaaay! Free Cam FTW! Glad your loving it podgie. :D I remember how much fun those settings added to the game. In fact taking pictures was a real treat after applying the settings. Have fun!

lol @ "Burn in the fires of damnation!" Scleameth. By far my fave Underworld quote and all time gaming quote. ^^ Now hurry hurry and get Sacred 2 for PC! :cow_white:

Still trying to find the Options.txt file. Have searched and searched with no end in sight...:D

Very much dislike Vista. Pondering upgradeing to Win7.

Any thoughts?

I remain, appreciative

Still trying to find the Options.txt file. Have searched and searched with no end in sight... :)

Any thoughts?

I remain, appreciative

Vista should have it in the same place as windows 7 which is here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

Still trying to find the Options.txt file. Have searched and searched with no end in sight... :)

Any thoughts?

I remain, appreciative

Vista should have it in the same place as windows 7 which is here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

TY DB, I will continue the search.

I remain, :)

Eth, you also need to make sure that your computer is set to view hidden folders. I had the same problem in the optionsCustom topic :)

yes by default the AppData folder is hidden.

Open Windows Explorer

Click Tools:Options

Then go to the View Tab. and about 4-6 lines down is a folder icon that says "Hidden files and folders". Change the option to" Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

I hear you on this Podgie...I remember I was probably the worst critic of the game when it was first released...I just couldn't get over the concept, as well, of not having a sky...the feel of a tethered weight about my neck. Schot's adjustments helped with that, and while still not having the view of the world I felt I was entitled to, I still received some of the freedom and enhancements of sight back.

:)

gogo

I think that one of the best aspects of the new camera views is that you get to sneak through the bushes, not knowing what is just around the next tree or bush, while with the original camera views, you could see what was on the other side of houses and hills even! It is much more exciting not knowing what is out there and having to be alert for enemies appearing at the last second.

The animations are so much better from the new angles as well. For instance I did not realise until I changed the views that if you take the Shadow Warriors weapons away from him and then cast Frenzied Rampage, he goes into his Kung Fu routine! A combination of punches, high kick, knee to the groin, blocks and chops, etc. I filmed it using Frapps to verify that he does do it and he does, but I can't seem to get photobucket to upload the video so that I can post it on here. Plus battles seem so much better when you see the faces of those you are fighting, even kobalds seem more evil when you see the expressions on their faces, rather than the cute little gnomes they look like from overhead.

Edited by podgie_bear