Information on Fire Demon Buff ?

the wiki doesnt have alot of info on this little buff and im having a hard time grasping a couple things with it. can someone please me please?

1. the regen time of all Combat Arts. right now im level 25 with (totally naked) 13 arrant lore and 19 arrant focus and is regen time to all Combat Arts is +9.7% with a jump to 14.6% at level 2. now if this is like any other buff im going to want to munch on a bunch of runes right? cuz I want a high level demon runnin around with me. is arrant focus going to be the skill to bring this down?

2. for mods does this look ok? power, lively, modesty?

im going for all out fire power here

cheers!

Hi

Focus will bring it down, also casting the buff from a set of gear with as high level of fire demon runes you can get your hands on is much more efficient at a lower level than let's say Plus Combat Arts or Plus skills. Significant increase in damage, but you have to be careful with your regens. Casting the Demon via means at some point you'll have to eat runes as well to get it over around level 82.

:)

gogo

well when concentration hits 75 he will be the third buff I will use, as for now im just learning all about him. thanks for the tip gogo. do you have experience with him? do those look like decent enough mods?

cheers!

Heya,

last time I played the Pyro, the Fire Demon was really underrated. He did actually give a very nice boost to fire damage. Don't expect him to much more than that tho :)

Greetz

Heya,

last time I played the Pyro, the Fire Demon was really underrated. He did actually give a very nice boost to fire damage. Don't expect him to much more than that tho :P

Greetz

I found that the boost he gave to the fire damage didn't compensate for the fact that he missed most of the time. Once I got the regen times down low enough to spam fireballs I turned him off and turned on crystal skin instead. I think he's a good buff early on when the HE hasn't got her rune level up to do much damage as he does aggro and takes some of the attention off the HE. I haven't used him past my HE getting to level 30.

So what if he's missing with his fireballs? it isn't exactly the damage he does that is the main point with the FD buff, it's the massive Fire Damage bonus he grants to your Pyro Combat Arts, the Fire Damage bonus he grants is on par with Incadescent Skin when the "Fiery Ardor" gold mod is taken.

I found that the boost he gave to the fire damage didn't compensate for the fact that he missed most of the time.

I can relate

I was, myself, so disappointed when I found out that the little thing's fireballs kept missing and couldn't be depended on to fire when you were in danger.

Pity

:D

Doesn't one of the Fire Demon mods quicken your casting time as well? Got to be useful just for that if you manage it right.

Just because he casts faster doesn't mean he is more accurate. I guess it depends on your build as to how much you want to depend on the HE's fire CAs. There are some very good Pyro builds on the forum but there are just as good Ice builds as well.

Just because he casts faster doesn't mean he is more accurate.

I was under the impression it improved the High Elfs casting speed? Or have I read it wrong?

Lively - The demon reduces spell casting time. (10% + 0.2% per CA level decrease)
Edited by Unreal Warfare
Just because he casts faster doesn't mean he is more accurate.

I was under the impression it improved the High Elfs casting speed? Or have I read it wrong?

Lively - The demon reduces spell casting time. (10% + 0.2% per CA level decrease)

Actually it was a typo; I meant she not he. I was referring to the fact she often misses if the the target is moving unless you use the tracking mod on ancestral fireball.

One of my nephews plays a modified version of the shield maiden of our daughter. He started with the AddOn when regeneration per hit was working.

The fire monkey is used to reduce casting time, because neither fire nor ice lore are taken. Magic coup is well above it's malus because of Reg per Hit. So it's speed is lowered and casting speed will bring it up again.

I consider the fire monkey as a useful buff if you play 3 aspect elves. It gives casting time and fire damage, so it reduces the need to take fire lore. My daughter used it to aggravate enemies and make them run into her kill zone: melee and ice storms.

02. arcane lore [4] [5 if having fun to play a melee hybrid, then shield lore as 6]

03. armour [9]

05. arcane focus [3] [3]

08. concentration [10] [2]

12. ice focus [1]

18. ice lore [2] replace this with combat discipline [1]

25. shield [6]

35. constitution [8]

50. fire focus [7]

65. ancient magic [5] [4]

[] are in which order the skills were brought to mastery. In black the shield maiden of my daughter, in red the modified one of my nephew. By pushing ancient magic and combat discipline to mastery quite early damage to all 3 aspects is given.

Edited by chattius