BFG and Rev Tech Lore Discovery

Llama8

I noticed this evening that not only does Revered Tech Lore boost the Enhancement mods, it also boosts the Accuracy mod.

With a level 200 blank seraphim, level 71 BFG & 0 RT Lore I got ~17% from the Accuracy mod. With ~104 RT Lore I got ~52.4% evade reduction...

0 Rev Tech Lore:

BFG0RTL.jpg

104 Rev Tech Lore:

BFG104RTL.jpg

And at CA level 108(.7) & Rev Tech Lore level 256 I got 107.4% chance that opponent's cannot evade. If this is the "Sure Hit" mod (in German, guarantee's you hit), that should make it impossible to miss...

It only removes the enemies ability to evade I believe.

Like the player, enemies have more than one defense.

They have base defense values, evade chances, mitigations, etc.

So if your ranged attack value doesn't beat their ranged defense value, or they reflect ranged, etc, there is still the odds you will miss.

They just cannot 'evade' anymore. I don't think it gives certainty of a hit, but I could be wrong.

Simple way to test, is PvP (export) with a very high defense etc character like another seraphim with battle stance. If you 'miss' then it only strips one defense; evade chance.

This is my thoughts.

Hopefully it makes sense...

I tried this against the Niobium Guardians (though I did have ~870% attack due to the number of Niob damage runes I'd socketted), I think I had something like 5-6k attack & ~113% chance to hit.

r00, I think the translations for the two anti-evade item mods are a bit dodgy, I think the one that you get on BFG (& Sinister Predator) is the one that the Germans have as "Sure Hit" (it appears on items as smaller values, eg, 6%, compared to the "other" mod appearing as ~20%), I think the other mod "Opponent's chance to evade -x%" reduces the target's evade (since it's a lot easier to get more of it & it seems to have more diminishing returns).

It only removes the enemies ability to evade I believe.

Like the player, enemies have more than one defense.

They have base defense values, evade chances, mitigations, etc.

So if your ranged attack value doesn't beat their ranged defense value, or they reflect ranged, etc, there is still the odds you will miss.

They just cannot 'evade' anymore. I don't think it gives certainty of a hit, but I could be wrong.

Simple way to test, is PvP (export) with a very high defense etc character like another seraphim with battle stance. If you 'miss' then it only strips one defense; evade chance.

This is my thoughts.

Hopefully it makes sense...

Maybe not a certainty, but my level 156 BFG hits everything in Niob without fail. But she has BS buff with attack, BFG with evade. my chance to hit the guardians is above 150% I think.

The chance that opponents cannot evade (sure hit) increases the general hit chance to an enemy similar like minus opponents chance to evade. 100% sure hit doesn't mean that you always hit the enemy. Its a bit like the hit chance in the skill menu where you can see the last enemy. Chattius once wrote down in this thread how exactly this chance is calculated.

Perhaps we should really do a list which modifiers on combat arts are boosted by aspect lores.

life leech , as in magic coup

resistances, as in crystal skin

life regeneration, as in barkskin

'sure hits', as in BFG (the one in magic coup will be harder to proof)

For the hit chance formula: noone came up with an example where it didn't fit. At least till today.

Thanks Slevin, I thought Chattius had posted something about it somewhere.

Chattius, the mods for Sinister Predator (Crit, Chance Opponent's can't evade & projectile reflect reduction) aren't affected by Tactics Lore.