That time of year again

gawd!

thattime.jpg

lol, they're everywhere... my poor back.

Chattius, I can't even guess how you manage this in the area you work in. All I want is for them all to go away... on someone else's back!

:)

You are lucky you don't have quinces. They loose leaves bit by bit till way into january.

How I ge trid of leaves, depends. I have an older unimog , pre-owned by army, and have something like this attached:

zagro_2605.jpg

I use my Unimog to clear the streets to our house and barns and use its attachable rotating front broom gadget (what is the english words?) to move them into trenches along the streets. Wet or frozen leaves are just dangerous.The trenches remain untouched till august, then they are cleaned using another gadget for next autumn/winter. Lot of animals hibernate in these rotting leaves: hedgehogs, snakes (we have only non poisonous were we live), legless lizards, frogs, toads, salamanders (local variant is poisonous and can spray it half a metre if touched, think that is where fire spitting salamanders is reolated too), ....

At snow a snow blow is attached and the snow moved to the trenches. The leaves inside the trenches buffer the snow weight so animals normally survive.

Around house we use brooms, same reason, keeping animals alive. Leave blowers or vacuum cleaners kill too many. We hibernate 15 hedgehogs in our rammed clay cellar we use to store potatoes, cabbage, fruits. They were too small (just around half a pound) to survive outside. The cellar is deep in earth and is never freezing and never going above 10 Celcius -without any clima control. Just 300 year old house and they knew how to survive cold winters at these times.

What is not around house or on roads: Bob Dylan- The answer my friend, is blowing by the wind. Normal wind direction just moves most of my fruit tree leaves to the forest.