Titan Quest

[

Yes, but with me it was usually delete characters in disgust, uninstall game, and throw in a cupboard for 9-10 months, until I decided to maybe try again.

Hmmm, what happened to the cool, calm, and collected Podgie we all know and love ? :badbad:

I like the boss fights much more than in sacred.. The best bossfight in was that 'eye' in the blood forest. The combat was more interesting by its powers. But most of the sacred bossfight you just stand next to the boss and smack it over and over again while the boss hits you over and over only you have healing potions. Titan quest bosses are much more interesting. I also like the staging. Like sacred I would usually grind the same area whereas TQ you go through a story and explore greece, then egypt desert, then egypt nile, silk rode, Himalayas, China wall, Olympus.... It just seemed more variation.

Of course I'd give a lot of awesome points to sacred for the things that they do better :bow:

Don't forget the Diablo II Immortal mod (D2I), it gives you the old Diablo2 "masteries" except for paladin and druid who haven't been implemented yet. It adds some of the Diablo bosses in too. It plays on the same map as normal TQ though(same for underlord, but underlord has a couple new area's). D2I difficulty progression is supposed to be way harder then the old TQ though, where Epic(Nightmare) should be of the difficulty of the old legendary and the new legendary is a good step up too. (I didn't got that far yet though).

Edit: after seeing Claudius remark about difficulty: if you want a real HARD, up to the point of near suicidal challenge, try one of the uber mods (for normal TQ or for Underlord).

I think I would try one of the Uber's... if it wasn't for the multiple boss spawns. 3 is tough enough (with the max. spawn mods), but Uber gives us 6 of each boss? :sick:

I think that the Achilles mod is right up my alley. Toughens up the trash spawns, and gives more uncommon/ Heroes as well. Makes the bosses tougher, but still only one. Only one barsteward to watch for "insta-kill" animations. ;)

I started on Underlord today... killed off 2 more toons getting the hang of it... nice mod and a little changeup in the Skills is a nice change... I can keep playing Dream/x and not be so bored anymore!

I like the boss fights much more than in sacred.. The best bossfight in was that 'eye' in the blood forest. The combat was more interesting by its powers. But most of the sacred bossfight you just stand next to the boss and smack it over and over again while the boss hits you over and over only you have healing potions. Titan quest bosses are much more interesting. I also like the staging. Like sacred I would usually grind the same area whereas TQ you go through a story and explore greece, then egypt desert, then egypt nile, silk rode, Himalayas, China wall, Olympus.... It just seemed more variation.

Of course I'd give a lot of awesome points to sacred for the things that they do better :bow:

As much as I would've liked to have a shot at some of the expansion bosses, except the Abishai I think they were pretty much the same as the others... Just Leeroy Jenkins' them and hit the space bar when needed :yawn: But the bossfights in TQ are a little more varied... most can be facesmashed without issue, but there are a few that can kill you with one shot... and a lot can give you a scare if you're not paying attention.

Agreed on the boss fights - and I also had the impression that the game was building up to a boss fight. In Sacred you just kinda stumble upon some mini bosses... but then again Titan quest doesn't offer much exploring, so you know that when you follow the path you're bound to run into some mini boss sooner or later...

And that was my problem with TQ, wander down the narrow path, fight a boss, wander some more, fight another. I have just walked through 3 screens, hmm boss on the next screen then, etc. I like my games to be like a treasure hunt, TQ felt more like running a marathon on a small circular track, nothing much changes and just counting laps until you finish with each lap having a hurdle to jump at the end of it. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, it just gives me attacks of claustrophobia, although I really like the Masteries mod and my latest favourite skill is using Landmines, mwuahahah!

pitty I never got to try any mods, but I LOL about the laps comment... I can't disagree, but I also liked it to a certain extent - never got the feeling that I'm missing part of the game, 'cause I'm rushing through the campaign to reach the next difficulty level. I spent too many hours to count playing Sacred 2 and I don't think I've done more than 70% quests. I tend to explore every nook and cranny early on and then suddenly feel that I'll come 'round to the rest when in the next difficulty level, but next time 'round I've already got another build in mind... :Just_Cuz_21: I truly respect players that explore every part of inch of the map and reach level 200. Just an insane amount of dedication required. :bow:

Good points about the linearity of TQ. As an exploration game it definitely lacked. For me it still had replayability because not only the masteries, but also the mastery combos had different builds and gameplay..

One thing I liked from both games was the diverse enemies. For example when you hit those centaurs that stun with doom horn in TQ. A favorite example is the kiting Manaeds. For Sacred I would give them the edge... oh so many: eyes, summoning guys in grunwald, giant green scorps... My favorite area in Sacred 2 was the southeast corner of the swamp because you had to be on your toes!

I'm glad for both games though, they are some games that I really got a LOT of enjoyment out of. It seems I have to buy 5 games to get 1 that I really love, but it is worth it to find that gem in the rough.

A lot of good thoughts in this thread. I enjoyed reading it!

[

Yes, but with me it was usually delete characters in disgust, uninstall game, and throw in a cupboard for 9-10 months, until I decided to maybe try again.

Hmmm, what happened to the cool, calm, and collected Podgie we all know and love ? :badbad:

That is the cool, calm and collected Podgie!

You don't want to see the bad tempered Podgie, you really don't. When I swell up to three times normal size, my skin turns green and I start screaming "Hulk Smash!" it's time for you to run for cover. On a good day the devastation is sort of like the Poison Daemoness with her Poison Ring attack, on a bad day ........... well, you don't want to go there!

PS, sorry I took so long to reply as I have been busy rebuilding the back of the house, I had a minor temper tantrum and needed to repair some damage I caused.

Main pointers all nicely collected together, I'd say. One big plus with TQ; it never crashed on me, even with 12 (or more? can't really remember) Act2 Telkines throwing all those spells around, and creating mirror images :twitch:, and only a controlled slowdown. Or 8 hours straight, no crash. Though I guess crashing is one of main charm of Sarcred 2. Sorta.

claudius: Liked those things too. Lotsa combos and styles to try out. Good thing there's the Vault program, so I can hoard all those Hades-run goodies there. ^^

[

That is the cool, calm and collected Podgie!

You don't want to see the bad tempered Podgie, you really don't. When I swell up to three times normal size, my skin turns green and I start screaming "Hulk Smash!" it's time for you to run for cover. On a good day the devastation is sort of like the Poison Daemoness with her Poison Ring attack, on a bad day ........... well, you don't want to go there!

PS, sorry I took so long to reply as I have been busy rebuilding the back of the house, I had a minor temper tantrum and needed to repair some damage I caused.

Lol Podgie. I know yer a lovely bloke really and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Just wondering the other day, and I'm sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, but has there ever been talk of a TQ2 ? I don't recall seeing any sequel news, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Steve.

Grim dawn is in fact some kind of a TQ2, since iron lore went bancrupt, some devs have been working on grim dawn, completely different setting though.

Ah, thankyou for that information mate.

I was unaware that the makers had gone bankrupt. It's very sad that so many games companies have gone to the wall.