CM-PATCH Inquisitor set suggestion

I've been thinking about a nice Inquisitor armor set that would suit all kinds of gameplay and will not be as poor as everything he has. Let's face it: Inquisitor rarely equips a full set because of the poor innate or set bonus modifiers. Who needs to scare enemies into fleeing when he must dispose of them promptly? Who needs to open wounds with a WIDD-y (damage of enraged players) inquisitor build who must kill as quickly as possible? Who needs knockback, when it only slows down his killing speed?

This is why I made a little attempt to merge all sets and play styles into one single general set. It may be considered both over and underpowered - depending on the play style of each person and the build he/she chooses, because there is a big chance you'll find modifiers on the items that you will not use. The set item names are work in progress, so please don't laugh too much at them :)

I have noticed that almost all set items usually use the following template: 2 sockets, 3 modifiers.

Well, here goes:

Head: Acumen

Armor at level 225: 300+ physical

2 sockets (s/g)

Intelligence +XX

Experience per kill +%

Regeneration time: -XX%

Shoulders: Greater Shield

Armor at level 225: 150+ physical

2 sockets (s/g)

Chance to find valuables +XX%

Damage mitigation (all channel): mid-high (set type DM) or high

Strength +XX

Torso: Empower

Armor at level 225: 500+ physical/100+ magic

2 gold sockets

Vitality +XX

All skills +XX

Defense Value +XX%

Bracers: Clarity

Armor at level 225: 100+ physical/50+ fire

2 sockets (b/g)

Casting speed +XX%

Spell intensity +XX%

Chance that enemy cannot evade attacks +XX%

Gloves: Greater Might

Armor at level 225: 100+ physical

2 sockets (b/g)

Chance for critical hits +XX%

Opponent’s Chance to evade –XX%

Attack speed +XX%

Belt: Death Whisper

Armor at level 225: 100+ physical/50+ poison

2 sockets (s/g)

Willpower +XX

Hitpoint regeneration: +XX/s

Combat art skills +XX

Pants: Guidance

Armor at level 225: 60+ physical/20+ ice

2 sockets (b/g)

Chance to evade +XX%

Stamina +XX

Run speed +XX%

Boots: Wind Walk

Armor at level 225: 100+

2 sockets (b/g)

Faster increase of survival bonus +XX%

Dexterity +XX

Run speed +XX%

Set bonus at items:

- 3 items: Regeneration time –XX%

- 5 items: Max hitpoints +XXXX

- 6 items: Damage Mitigation: Physical +XX%

- 8 items: Combat art range +XX%

I hope you like it, and I am open to suggestions :)

Well, it seems like most item mods on those pieces are useful, overall too useful maybe? But then compared to Kanka's its not in the same league. The larger a set gets, the harder it is to balance it... ;)

I definitely understand where you are coming from when you say the inquis' sets are pretty useles though...you go to mix and match them to get a somewhat useful mix and you end up with scaring away enemies...gives me the FECAL MATTER!s...

I was doing my best to refrain from making it overpowered. I've been looking at all other inqusitor sets and was doing my best to compare the boni with what they have, in an attempt to strike some balance. Attribute boni are good in general, but not that good. Atk/def value boni are also good, but in the long run, you need more and more of them. The overpowered things are:

- all skills (making it useful for hybrids)

- 2 x enemy evade options (making it useful for close quarters combat)

- chance to evade (useful anyway)

- spell intensity/cast speed (useful for casters)

- combat art skills (to make it useful for hybrids/single aspect)

- combat art range (helps pretty much all aspects, that's why I added it)

- 2 x run speed (poor Inquisitors are slow anyway... Why not add some speed?)

Hmm... looking at some other characters sets, this one actually looks underpowered to me now :D Well... It's kinda hard to satisfy a random person's wishes... I believe all the new cm-patch set ideas posters (Woody, DB and others) are feeling that now :)

• Like! 1

On a small sidenote: Kankas should not be used as example for ANY new suggetions (not that this happened here but I read the name). That Set is an example for a way too powerful set, we may have to revise at some point in the future.

As I am lacking the game experience to jugde the impact of boni in full I gladly delegate this to Slevin. ;)

I was doing my best to refrain from making it overpowered. I've been looking at all other inqusitor sets and was doing my best to compare the boni with what they have, in an attempt to strike some balance. Attribute boni are good in general, but not that good. Atk/def value boni are also good, but in the long run, you need more and more of them. The overpowered things are:

- all skills (making it useful for hybrids)

- 2 x enemy evade options (making it useful for close quarters combat)

- chance to evade (useful anyway)

- spell intensity/cast speed (useful for casters)

- combat art skills (to make it useful for hybrids/single aspect)

- combat art range (helps pretty much all aspects, that's why I added it)

- 2 x run speed (poor Inquisitors are slow anyway... Why not add some speed?)

Hmm... looking at some other characters sets, this one actually looks underpowered to me now :D Well... It's kinda hard to satisfy a random person's wishes... I believe all the new cm-patch set ideas posters (Woody, DB and others) are feeling that now :)

+1, Dobri. If I could I would give you another for the part I highlighted in red. Personally, I cannot imagine coming up with a perfectly balanced, crowd-pleasing items, sets, whatever... but I could definitely throw together the stuff I like to play with and listen to the suggestions of others who do not agree with my playstyle. Overpowered, underpowered, balanced are still just opinions (well, maybe LL% is the "most powerful") and everyone has an opinion. Especially with the "sandbox" approach of Sacred, I don't think there really is any right/wrong as long as the player is having fun.

I think the main thing to take away is if we were not starting these topics, debating the ins/outs, etc then the CM-team would have no idea what we like/dislike and would only be putting things into the game that THEY like and/or see need for. Which may or may not please anyone. :(

I'd actually ask how many people who played an Inquisitor would enjoy such a set, really :P In general, the way things are at present, an Inquisitor will do better with the class unique armors or shopped rare armors rather than any set he has at his disposal now. I would certainly never equip 5 of Ilgard's items just to get a small + all skills bonus which I can get through socketing 3x all skills rings/amulets into a spare socket in a better item...

I'd actually ask how many people who played an Inquisitor would enjoy such a set, really :P In general, the way things are at present, an Inquisitor will do better with the class unique armors or shopped rare armors rather than any set he has at his disposal now. I would certainly never equip 5 of Ilgard's items just to get a small + all skills bonus which I can get through socketing 3x all skills rings/amulets into a spare socket in a better item...

Well said Dobri. I actually am using more Unique armor pieces on my Inquisitor than sets. unfortunately most of the uniques I am using only have a bronze and gold slot for socketing. And there is no way I would win a fashion contest.

Still, even with the bronze socket, many uniques outclass the set items. 75% of Inquisitor's 3-socket set items have very poor boni. Kuan's set has attack/def value bonus. That's all too well and good, but at higher level, the bonus they provide is a mere pittance. Catharsis has 3-socket items, but everything save for the pants' mods is no good...

This is why I did my best to create a relatively nice inquisitor set for the poor bad guy to play with :)

Well, in the inquis I played recently I ended up using a few uniques and a few mix and match set pieces, but not really for any specific bonuses. Instead it was more an attempt to not get three pieces of the wrong set and get a chance to scare opponents away.

I understand your plight well, DB :) Even though it's kinda fun hearing the inquisitor boast and shout at the enemies that were scared into fleeing, it's still pretty damn irritating having to go on and chase them to get a few more XP points :)