Nick (Deamonrocks) auditioned for Jesus Christ Superstar today, we will know in the next 48 hours if he got a part. I Will let you all know how he did. He is hoping to get the part of Judas. And as I found out in a chat on facebook our very own Gogo played that part in a high school production of the same play!

Thanks for the heads up Todd! I can't believe he tried out for the same musical I was in at High School too. The production done at my school was so much fun, I remember the rehearsals going on every night, my parents grumbling, day in and out about the evil director who was heartless, cruel and would can you if you missed a single rehearsal :blink: Yeah it was rough, but the three nights that we put the show on made my heart soar.

Give Nick my best, we're crossing fingers here!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I remember that my old highschool at Wetzlar founded a musical group in 1979. My older sister was 15 when she was part of the first musical the school did. It was from a composer rather unknown in germany and he was happy that a german school would be trying to perform the musical. The okay letter is still at the school.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat by Andrew Llyod Webber

german wiki

"1973 wurde das Musical in Folge des großen Erfolges des Webber/Rice-Werkes Jesus Christ Superstar auch am Albery Theatre im Londoner West End inszeniert. 1980 folgte die deutsche Erstaufführung des englischen Originals durch die Musicalgruppe der Goetheschule Wetzlar. 1982 folgte die Broadway-Premiere am Royale Theater."

So my old small school did the premiere of Joseph on continental europe, even before it was at the Broadway.

Years later I had to do the electrics and mechanics when we did the Carmina Burana. I called myself lucky: because I am a terrible singer, even worse if it is latin, and the chorus training was the afternoon I had handball training.

My oldest is a good singer but she said: 'With 194cm you don't get any cast, with luck you can do the narrator...'

So my old small school did the premiere of Joseph on continental europe, even before it was at the Broadway.

good singer but she said: 'With 194cm you don't get any cast, with luck you can do the narrator...'

I remember reading about the production of this going on at different stages in Montreal.

Break a leg, Nick!

oops... was I too late?

No, not at all! I only spoke to Todd last night on facebook, and he said Nick just tried out... I think he's getting word back in two days.

wow, this makes me want to find my old album with pix from JC superstar with me and my fake beard..maybe I'll scan 'em and put 'em up.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the first week of performances is almost over, He is playing the part of Pilot's Guard. It had a good review in the local paper. Wife and I will be going to see it at one of the 4 shows that are left. Hey, Gogo and Schot we are close enough that it's feasible for you to come and see it too. If any want to read the review, here it is Theater review JCS .

He has been invited to audition for another play with a different group here, the musical version of "Spring Awakening". The original German play (same title) was written sometime between autumn 1890 and spring 1891, it carries the sub-title A Children's Tragedy. The original play was banned in Germany for a while due to its portrayal of abortion, homosexuality, rape, child abuse and suicide. In the musical, alternative rock is employed as part of the folk-infused rock score.