Kick Ass - wow!

What a surprise. What a great movie. I'd heard nothing about this, so the discovery is that much more enjoyable. It's another Hero-Reality movie, where enthusiastic vigilantism meets real-life physics. There are some fantastic effects, great writing, a series of surprises after surprises with a glorious soundtrack all wrapped up in one of the most ultra-violent films I've seen this year.

From comic book to film, the viewing experience is absolute gold...you've been fore-warned about the violence.

Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymMOg_2yLuc&feature=related

:)

gogo

I have no idea why I rented it, because I had the lowest expectations. I thought it was pretty good. The little girl whooping up on the bad guys was :4rofl: funny.

I loved that movie! kick Ass can be a bit of a whimp, but atleast he kept fighting. But Hitgirl is SO SUPER AWESOME :mafia:

The voilence and swearing from a young character like Hitgirl was a bit shocking as well.

Delta!

I'm not a fan of Nicholas Cage, but I could kinda put up with him in this one...but only for a bit :P This movie was edgy. There's scenes that will probably make viewers wince, flinch and look away, it's more frightening than a lot of the so-called "horror" movies I've seen in a bit.

gogo

I actually saw the movie and am kinda familiar with the comics, including the differences between the two. I think I was one of the few who wasn't bothered by Hitgirl's potty mouth. :P Despite the fact that I barely saw any marketing on that movie, and that the posters I've seen would've made me think it was either a kid's flick or yet-another-cheap-parody, that film was actually quite entertaining and far more clever than it looks on the surface.

kick ass was a good movie. one of the few I have seen in a theater.

anyone see transformers 3 yet. It was awesome!

Haven't seen it yet, but planning too!

I actually saw the movie and am kinda familiar with the comics, including the differences between the two. I think I was one of the few who wasn't bothered by Hitgirl's potty mouth. :P Despite the fact that I barely saw any marketing on that movie, and that the posters I've seen would've made me think it was either a kid's flick or yet-another-cheap-parody, that film was actually quite entertaining and far more clever than it looks on the surface.

Right from the get go, the writing took me by surprise, and the sympathy I felt for the main character kept me watching, eyes peeled. His first battle, and and how he fares SPOILER...DON'T READ FROM HERE....

After he got knifed...I was shocked, the movie took a turn for the dire and dark, and after he SPOILER, DON'T READ!

got hit by the car... I was even wondering if they were going to kill him off...I'd seen it done in The Other Guys...no, not this guy too!

:oooo:

gogo

I only heard about this movie because of this thread. I was bored the other day so I thought I'd give it a go. Came away pretty impressed. All the characters (except maybe Red Mist) were believable. Especially Hit Girl. The girl playing her should get an Oscar for that performance :)

I only heard about this movie because of this thread. I was bored the other day so I thought I'd give it a go. Came away pretty impressed. All the characters (except maybe Red Mist) were believable. Especially Hit Girl. The girl playing her should get an Oscar for that performance :)

I had repressed Red Mist, thanks a whole lot for dredging up that memory... ;)

I definitely agree that Hit Girl stole the show.

The girl playing her should get an Oscar for that performance :)

She's quite talented, I just saw her in another movie which is critically acclaimed:

"An alienated 12-year-old boy befriends a mysterious young newcomer in his small New Mexico town..."

She once again plays a ...strange...very strange...heroine?

You decide:

gogo