Bronze really needed?

Ok,I'm new to sacred and have played a few different character classes to get used to skills etc.Anyway I found bronze way too easy.I'm now level 20 on silver and so far I'm finding that easy with my tank shadow warrior. Anyway,my friend said I should do bronze because I might not be able to reach high levels or reach level 200 if I start straight on silver.I find that hard to believe,and if I'm finding silver easy ( so far ) why in the hell should I do bronze?

If enemies respawn etc surely I can reach level 200 starting on silver....right?

I really don't want to have to start again on bronze,any insight into what I've asked would be appreciated.

Is my friend wrong about this?

Thankyou

Frantic.

I'm not aware of Sacred 2 having any skill quests (quests where part of the reward is a skill point), so I can't think of anything lost by skipping bronze.

In fact, bronze was really meant by the devs as a "training wheels" difficulty. They had every intention that more experienced players would start directly (or at least move quickly) into silver.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Features#Difficulty_Levels

Maybe someone else can think of a reason to play thru bronze.

Maybe someone else can think of a reason to play thru bronze.

All of us know Sacred's mechanics like the back of our hands (errrr...well kinda :oooo:) For new players though, the amount of content must be enormously challenging.

Probably for completely new players, bronze could be useful

:)

gogo

Take it from someone who was completely new to the Sacred series: you miss nothing if you skip bronze. :) If you're steamrolling through silver, you will find bronze a joke, which gets balanced out by the fact they give you squat for experience when you kill something. Silver is the regular difficulty most people should start off with.

Bronze is necessary for those who would find Silver difficult for any reason, children starting out, inexperienced players trying to find their way around what can be a complicated and involved game, or whatever. Lots of games provide the same option, but it is usually the case that Bronze difficulty would be called "Easy" and Silver would be called "Normal". So what is the problem? If it is too easy for you, skip straight to Silver and leave Bronze for those players that it was intended for!

Thanks for all the replies,it's appreciated.

I've started from scratch on silver. The only reason I asked about bronze is because he ( my friend ) said if I didn't do it I would lose out on experience and maybe not hit level 200. But I didn't believe that one bit,I didn't make sense to me. I just wanted it cleared up.

Once again thanks for the replies.

Oh....What does the survival bonus do?

he ( my friend ) said if I didn't do it I would lose out on experience and maybe not hit level 200.

I just thought of an interesting comparison... go look at this table: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Experience_table

If you stayed in bronze until the end of level 60, you'd have 22,151,900 experience points. This is equal to the # of experience pts you need to move from level 168 to level 169. So regardless of whether you do bronze or not, you're going to be doing a bunch of grinding to hit level 200. Personally, if it takes X hours to complete bronze, I'd rather spend those same hours grinding in a much higher difficulty later in the game (more experience per kill and better drops).

I think, to be fair to St. Frantic's friend... if the enemies did not respawn, there may be a need for bronze if you wanted to max. level your toon.

But, the enemies do respawn, so that's a moot point.

As for Bronze - I use it like a tool. I played a lot of "console hardcore" (empty player chest to start a new toon, and restart completely upon death) and I found Bronze to be indispensible. I always played there up to level 12 or 18 (to get the first few skills chosen, and some runes and $ and most importantly, health potions :o ).

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished my first play through, and on Bronze too. I'm not sure why I started on Bronze, but by the end of it I'm level 40, finished about 400 quests, got a lot of trophies towards my platinum, have 2.5k health potions 600 or so experience potions (momento?) a decent 'Bargaining set' and a good understanding of the game and how it works. I'm all set for a rush through silver into gold now :]

Edited by BugMuldoon

Like many others here, I've always seen Bronze as the Easy/Beginner difficulty. "Farmer" Schot has found the only reason I can think of that an advanced character and/or experienced player would use Bronze. I'd have to double check, but I think some Bronze level set items don't have all the bonuses and I think the ones that are there are not as strong as Silver set items of the same level.

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, Bronze does allow an opportunity to collect sets and uniques that are useful regardless of sockets/bonuses. I would not advise playing Bronze past level 35 since you can outlevel enemies fairly easily. Playing up to Gar Colossus and the Squid boss should give you an idea on whether your build needs tweaking. On Bronze difficulty both of those bosses can be done around levels 18-25.