Neutrino fast than light! - Einstein wrong?

While phoning with a guy from physic department of my old university- he does ion engines, and I have to plasma streams at my job- he joked that we both have to visit ubiversity again.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino :

In September 2011 the OPERA collaboration released data suggesting that neutrinos can travel faster than the speed of light.[31][32] They find that muon neutrinos, sent from CERN to LNGS, with an average energy of 17 GeV, arrive 60.7 ns earlier than what is expected by assuming the speed of light in vacuum. This indicates that neutrinos would be 1.0000248 times faster than light, with a significance of 6 standard deviations.

Either they did a mistake in their experiment, or there is something dark that matters.

What goes up, must come down.

The world is flat.

Nothing can move faster than light.

All 3 of these statements were "true" for a signifigant time in human history... but were (can be) exactly what they are - theories based on our observations and calculations. Until we develop the technology to dis-prove them, which now seems to be the case with the third statement. Soon enough, we will even debunk the commonly held notion that:

Men are from Mars, women are from Venus.

Well I'm glad something moves faster than light... space travel at the speed of light just is not fast enough! perhaps this find will open the door to some new physics that leads to space folding or warp speed!!

I saw this yesterday in the news somewhere and to be honest, I think that they have miscalculated something. Although, since they are getting other people to check their data who knows, but even so, somehow I don't think they got that fast, a few things I read after hearing this yesterday make me feel this even more.

One physicist said that past evidence from big bangs and the like made this seem unfeasible and that light from these events, while taking longer in the specific case mentioned due to getting trapped in the thermal envelope of the blast or something, does not arrive anywhere near late enough for it to be possible for neutrinos to travel faster than light.

Plus...this group has a bad track record...they've said the same thing before but in their previous result the uncertainty in their data was so large that the result was meaningless.

Well, this could be many reasons, it could be that Einstein miscalculated the speed of light, or it could be that there was error in the data, or the light speed barrier has actually been broken. Without more testing, and more validation, this cannot be proven or dis-proven. Although someone in our history did say at one point that neutrinos could go faster then light... *cough* Nikola *cough* Tesla *cough* :P