A new TRTS rises.

Hello!

Some of you might know that I'm studying for an IT developer. As my final project I'm making a game (the first lines of code will be written today). I know perfectly what kind of game I want, only problem I have is that I have no clue for a name for it >_<.

You are probably wondering what on earth is a TRTS? The second part (RTS) is an easy one, as can be found al over the internet, it means real time strategy. The first part stands for "Tower". I'm bringing the tower defense genre back to its roots and then some. Simply said, I'm combining a tower defense with some (or more) RTS influences.

One element that is going to be important for winning/loosing is going to be "crystal".

Can anyone help me with getting a proper name for the game? Preferably with some link to crystal in it (Don't let that limit your imagination though).

The word crystal isn't written in stone at all, if you come up with some word that sound like it's some kind of crystal, that could be even better then the generic "crystal".

Thanks already,

Arp

oooh coming up with a name! This is a great topic Arperum, but I`m just now running out the door to work. I hope there`s still some time for me to add my suggestions when I get back home tonight! :bounce:

Congratulations on the almost end of your course, this project sounds fun and satisfying.

:)

gogo

Totally spontaneous suggestion based on 30 seconds of web searching:

Ascension Stones

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/ascension-stones.html

Only duplication w/ another game is that apparently Ultima 9 was called Ascension and had a soundtrack called Stones.

My other train of though went to finding other words for "tower"... battlement, rampart, etc, and try to find crystal related words that work. Agate Ramparts, Beryllium Battlements, etc.

Hmm... Beryllium Barage

Edited by masteff

Hmm, sounds interesting project Arp. Haven't gotten too much into these, but one can always widen the games array. :)

About the name; completely off the bat, Chrysalis Defender(s)?

Kinda made me think of a massive crystal-kinda thingie, or something. :P

Hexatic, as in Hexatic phase. Connects kinda the two dimensions of a map with the base elements of a crystall. if you use a map of hecagons, even better.

Just read recently that a new crystal structure was discovered, perhaps use this as a name?

I work most of my time with calculating plasma streams, crystals are not wanted by me :)

Good suggestions from everyone... but...

I did some looking at "tower defence" games in cyberspace, and they were mostly very simply named, and maybe for good reason?

Suggestions:

Towers of Crystal

Crystal Tower Defence

Tower of Shards (:) @ TQIT reference)

Ok, admittedly these are very simple but I hope I relayed my train of thought.

Signing up for beta testing ;)

Of all the names given I like "Beryllium Barrage" most. If someone has a better one, get it in this topic before tomorrow evening (about 27-28 hours after this post, or just GMT+1 time) I'll probably register a domainname then (I have a code wich gives a discount and works until tommorrow).

Arp