No more paper bills

What do you guys honestly think about this?

My phone company and any new company I now want to be a part of offers online billing for free...but for paper I have to pay extra! (Course they say that the 2.00 I have to pay per paper invoice goes to feed the trees...rrright)

I, of course, have the "freedom" to print them out myself

hmmm

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Well, if it really is helping at all, I'm all for it. Currently have both phone and net-bill online. Not going to pay an extra 1€ just to get a paper to clutter my shelves.

Not counting the possible forest saving both have their ups and downs. Still, as long as net works well, I might as well take all bills online, as I pay 'em in the netbank either way.

As a certified accountant, I'm probably more compulsive about saving paper bills than some others might be but my strategy mostly depends on what future value I see in them.

I went electronic on ones I won't want in the future. Phone, credit card, auto insurance, cable tv, etc. I won't care in some random number of years to look back and see what a particular one of those bills covered.

I do keep paper bills for any I want to keep history on. My girlfriend makes fun of me but when I eventually sell my house, I'll be able to show my energy use history and have the proof. Kept tidy, it's only about a 2 inch stack of paper. I'll throw them all out when I no longer own this house.

I also keep bills for a while if they have an income tax purpose. Like I keep my mortgage statements until I get my annual tax statement, since they prove my mortgage interest and real estate taxes for deduction purposes.

My bank recently went paperless and at first I thought I'd hate it but I've found I really don't mind. Of course it did finally force me to start using their website but now I can check my account at my convenience and not theirs.