Best Cinema Fight Scene You've Ever Seen

Kick ass action and a great amount of choreography...we likes :thumbsup:

BUT, friend Omnicide, have you see this latest trailer for what's going to be the most craziest advanced kung fu movie of the decade?

Guess what we are going to see in *checks watch* an hour and a half, just newly rescored by Linked InPark and finally allowed to be screened here in North America for all fearless folks.... it's gonna be gruesome...heh, I'm kinda scared to be goin to see it...someone's got to!

RATED EXTREME, EXTREME EXTREME VIOLENCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

:)

gogo

I was just about to mention The Raid. I just saw it on Saturday.

The fight scene which included the guy in the red t-shirt (around 1:22 in the trailer Gogo posted) was one of the better fight scenes I've seen (at least, in my recent memory). Ong Bak provided some decent scenes also, so it's a toss up right now for "The Best".

I was just about to mention The Raid. I just saw it on Saturday.

The fight scene which included the guy in the red t-shirt (around 1:22 in the trailer Gogo posted) was one of the better fight scenes I've seen (at least, in my recent memory). Ong Bak provided some decent scenes also, so it's a toss up right now for "The Best".

Mystix, cool you saw it too! I have been waiting and waiting for this trailer for MONTHS ever since I heard about it somewhere and tracked it down. It was kind of a strange trailer at that time, but the music drew me in right from the beginning. I was floored by some of the stunts I was seeing. These guys are incredible athletes, and think nothing of launching their own body as missiles, repeatedly and never getting tired... hardly any trick shots here which makes the fight choreography that amazing... did you see the front forward flip into reverse position... PWNS!

Gogo, dude, that is massively violent!

The part where he shoots the guy in the head repeatedly at point blank range is atrocious! :o

I will watch this. :wow:

That's THE scene! We're on the same page! lol, I remember when first time I watched that trailer, it was that single scene that made me gasp and begin to track down the date of this film's release.

gogo

Ok, first off let me tell you if you haven't watched the movie from beginning to end, you really should, especially if you're a fan of Jet Li. But if you just wanna see the last few fight scenes,

here ya go:

(Btw, he's really ticked-off at this point in the movie, which makes the fight scenes all the better)

Kiss of the Dragon (Final Fight Scenes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gztPMDlbs

I've never known about this movie, this scene is extraordinary leading up to battle against the first huge guy in the top office with white hair where I stopped the clip. lol, gonna rent this now so I get the whole impact about him carrying that anger.

gogo

Another one of my recent favorite fight scenes is from Ip Man 2. Again, if you haven't seen the whole movie, I encourage watching it from beginning to end. Same with Ip Man 1.

This is the final fight between Ip Man and a professional boxer called 'The Twister.' For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ip Man, he was Bruce Li's martial arts mentor in real life. Also, I've watched Donnie Yen during training, and he appears to be as fast in real life as he is in his movies, although I don't think his moves come with the cool sound effects.

(The subtitles are not on this clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bywAntotan8

Another one of my recent favorite fight scenes is from Ip Man 2. Again, if you haven't seen the whole movie, I encourage watching it from beginning to end. Same with Ip Man 1.

This is the final fight between Ip Man and a professional boxer called 'The Twister.' For those of you who are unfamiliar with Ip Man, he was Bruce Li's martial arts mentor in real life. Also, I've watched Donnie Yen during training, and he appears to be as fast in real life as he is in his movies, although I don't think his moves come with the cool sound effects.

(The subtitles are not on this clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bywAntotan8

Amazing entertainment although in real life assuming equal skills the heavier fighter will almost always win the fight. My sensei thought me many years ago about the use of pressure points to disable/retard movement and ear hits to disorient a possible assailant then to run away from it unless your life is on the line.

Amazing entertainment although in real life assuming equal skills the heavier fighter will almost always win the fight. My sensei thought me many years ago about the use of pressure points to disable/retard movement and ear hits to disorient a possible assailant then to run away from it unless your life is on the line.

Yea, I figured in real life Ip Man would not be able to take 3 or 4 knockout punches like that. He probably shouldn't have gotten up from the first one, in fact. Taking away his kicks crippled him further. Also, the constant distractions and interruptions of the ringing bell certainly didn't help. Either way, still a fun fight to watch, though!

Some great fight scenes here. But if you want something totally over the top check out Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky. There are some great clips on YouTube. When I think completely crazy fight stuff, this movie is at the top.

Holy crap that stuff is gory! :o

-I like it! :D

It kinda reminds me of 'Fist of the North Star' anime.

• 9 months later...

Interesting topic. If I could figure out how to upload video with the new format I would post a clip.

Movie: Sherlock Holmes starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. circa 2009.

Look for the epic Pit Fight with visually stunning effects. In the absence of a video clip. I will post the Theatrical Release Poster.

Sherlock_holmes_ver5.jpg

• Like! 1

Xiao Xiao: Stick figure fighting at its finest...

I like how at 1:49 he helps him up. :P

This is so well done, neat but highly entertaining, and true to form.

I love this!

:bounce:

gogo

As someone who is still a fan of Jet Li, especially of his nineties works, I find myself enjoying the fight scenes in Fong Sai Yuk and Fong Sai Yuk II quite alot, though not for the intense battles themselves. It's for the cheap slapstick that I'm watching them for, especially when Josephine Siao is involved. Josephine Siao ('Fong Fong') playing Fong Sai Yuk's mother steals the show big time with her antics, and she with Jet Li have great chemistry together as the mother/son duo of Miu Chui-fa/Fong Sai Yuk. For instance, the first movie had Miu Chui-fa disguising herself as a man to win a fighting competition after Fong Sai Yuk intentionally threw his fight against Sibelle Hu's character, Siu Wan. The result has Miu Chui-fa unintentionally causing Siu Wan to fall in love with her, and all kinds of running gags follow. :P I also love how the second movie turned a classic chldren's song into a glorified epic theme song; if not for the fact it's called 'Mama's the Best in the World', you'd otherwise think it was some kind of drama theme. :P

I even managed to find the one originally sung by Josephine when she was eleven:

And here's an example of one of those cheap slapstick gags I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr_EQX3auXM

Edited by Aegis
  • Like! 1

catch me! *thud* rofl. Such good comedy in these flicks, if you know where/how to look for it. This one's pretty obvious, tho :P

Every time someone links a kungfu movie I think I haven't seen... I realise halfway thru that I have seen it. I watched waaaaay too many of them methinks!