The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

Hmm...OK...This is about what we do when playing...

Problem is that when we start the Main Quest we can get to the Dragons (part of game) and we might LOG OFF either of us to fix the Inventory Bug...

But playing Open the Campaign is different from Server and not saved, so we have to start all over again each time we want to play...

Terrible thing we think and its getting so boring raging through monsters/quests we have done 100 times just to get a bit further and have the Inventory bug pop up again and again...

I wonder if I change the Items to a 1x1 square this might remove the bug ?...he he

Edited by NecroViolator
But playing Open the Campaign is different from Server and not saved, so we have to start all over again each time we want to play...

I don't know exactly what you mean, but as far as I know "free play" means "free" play, so only your char and the inventory will be saved if you leave the session, but not any of the quests, so you can do them again next time you log into a free game. Only in campaign mode the quests (side- and mainquests) are saved.

CU Marcus

I don't know exactly what you mean, but as far as I know "free play" means "free" play, so only your char and the inventory will be saved if you leave the session, but not any of the quests, so you can do them again next time you log into a free game. Only in campaign mode the quests (side- and mainquests) are saved.

CU Marcus

Really strange, because my friend and I cannot save "Campaign" when playing... (We play Open.Net)

We both get that error "Your playing a different version than the Server has and cannot save the Campaign" or something like that...

He tried Hosting and so did I, no difference...

We bought Sacred2 Gold and installed right when we came home and tried playing a while...

We cannot save in Open Net...Just our Chars Inventory/Map...

BUT, with this Patch I did see some changes, and felt a few...

1... There is way to much money ingame... After 1 to 1.5 hours of gameplay I had over 20 Million Gold... Maybe its me playing Old School, grab as much as you can carry and sell it...he he...

Its mostly the finding xtra Gold that is over 300.000 per barrel... :)... Way to high...

At the moment I have 400 million... ;)...

We play Gold so shouldnt the game be more Challenging than this ?...

Also thanks for the Patch I see and feel the Inventory is alot smoother, dont know if any of you changed anything there, but its faster and smoother moving things about...

Thanks for your patience...

Edited by NecroViolator
Really strange, because my friend and I cannot save "Campaign" when playing... (We play Open.Net)

We both get that error "Your playing a different version than the Server has and cannot save the Campaign" or something like that...

We bought Sacred2 Gold and installed right when we came home and tried playing a while...

You both need exact the same version of the game, so look for the version displayed in the main menu, the used cm-patch and all installed mods. Furthermore you both need multiplayer chars.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

CU Marcus

BUT, with this Patch I did see some changes, and felt a few...

1... There is way to much money ingame... After 1 to 1.5 hours of gameplay I had over 20 Million Gold... Maybe its me playing Old School, grab as much as you can carry and sell it...he he...

Its mostly the finding xtra Gold that is over 300.000 per barrel... :)... Way to high...

At the moment I have 400 million... :)...

We play Gold so shouldnt the game be more Challenging than this ?...

Also thanks for the Patch I see and feel the Inventory is alot smoother, dont know if any of you changed anything there, but its faster and smoother moving things about...

Thanks for your patience...

You should not be seeing gold drops like that after only 1.5 hours unless you are over level 75-100. if you are one of you has modified the balance.txt for increased drops.

This is a brilliant patch guys, but is there any way to fix the wacked out Seraphim's AI at all (It should be called DI for Dumb Intelligence). When you're fighting a group of monsters, say Skeletons, you click on the one next to you, and I do mean right next to you, and the Seraphim does this almighty bit of wandering around in circles to hit the damn thing all the while taking a pounding from the others. It would be nice if she just hit the damn thing you clicked on in the first place, or is this sort of thing something that is beyond the scope of the Community Patch, and would need to be done by Deep silver.

You both need exact the same version of the game, so look for the version displayed in the main menu, the used cm-patch and all installed mods. Furthermore you both need multiplayer chars.

CU Marcus

Thanks for the replies...

Yes, we both have identical games...We have online Chars and such... When He or I Host it says "Cannot save Campaign progress"... When we play we touch a monolith it says "Character saved, Campaign not saved"

It said this with totally fresh installs...

@locolagarto

he he... Yeh, the Balance.txt... I havent edited it at all, Im on level 94 he is on level 80 something... I did see people wanting more money, so I did the opposite to the Balance.txt to check it out... I made prices really expensive and selling really low to "balance" out the money issue... :(...

Its not that the items cost alot more or you sell them for less, its finding the whopping 300 thousand and up from crates/barrels/monsters... Its way to much money... Wish I could change the Value o money being found, that would be perfect...

Thanks alot guys, Im getting this game to where we want it... Thanks again for this Patch it really helps as well...

Thanks for the replies...

Yes, we both have identical games...We have online Chars and such... When He or I Host it says "Cannot save Campaign progress"... When we play we touch a monolith it says "Character saved, Campaign not saved"

It said this with totally fresh installs...

Well something is not right, either your installation or your friends one has not run through smoothly. Have you tried to join Closed Net, yet? It might be interesting to see if there are errors there as well and who is experiencing them.

Have you asked your friend if the cm-patch reported any errors/skipped any files?

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank those who made this patch. It is amazing and works like a charm so far.

Except for one thing. I am unable to play the Dragon Mage. When in the SP char selection window, only the Imp appears and the character remains invisible. When in-game, the character is still invisible and doesn't respond to any commands like move etc.

This appears to be the same issue when installing Ice & Blood with Elite Graphics Pack installed.

Since I'm not seeing more comments about this, I'm thinking I may be the only one with this issue, but I can't think of anything I can change. It's install or not install...

Does anyone know anything about this?

[EDIT] It would be useful to post my version :(. I am using Sacred 2 version 2.65.1 and CM Patch version 0.80 [/EDIT]

Edited by Shade1982

The invisible Dragon Mage problem is usually a windows 7 compatability issue.

If you are using Win 7, try running Sacred 2 in windows XP compatability mode.

I have had similar issues and can't remember how I fixed it. it plagues my wifes laptop at the moment, which is vista 32. I suspect it is from a script file that didn't patch or unpatch properly at some point. a reinstall of the game should fix it. yet I am a bit lazy.

Unfortunately, neither reinstalling it nor running it in compatibility mode fixes the issue.

I have Sacred 2 functioning properly when updated to 2.64.0, the minimum version required for Ice & Blood. But when updating to 2.65.1 for the CM patch, the DM disappears. This does mean the problem is not caused by the cm patch, three cheers hurray!

Unfortunately, neither reinstalling it nor running it in compatibility mode fixes the issue.

I have Sacred 2 functioning properly when updated to 2.64.0, the minimum version required for Ice & Blood. But when updating to 2.65.1 for the CM patch, the DM disappears. This does mean the problem is not caused by the cm patch, three cheers hurray!

Then perhaps the problem I am having with this laptop, and your problem are related after all. interesting

Very maybe :).

I found out what the problem was. It apparently has something to do with some sort of online activation by the Securom files. Apparently they are bugged which causes them to think your game is not activated whenever you change something.

There are some fixes around, but because they are categorised under no dvd patches, I don't think I'm allowed to link to it.

Except for one thing. I am unable to play the Dragon Mage. When in the SP char selection window, only the Imp appears and the character remains invisible. When in-game, the character is still invisible and doesn't respond to any commands like move etc.

This appears to be the same issue when installing Ice & Blood with Elite Graphics Pack installed.

The invisible Dragon Mage problem is usually a windows 7 compatability issue.

If you are using Win 7, try running Sacred 2 in windows XP compatability mode.

This is a DRM & Win7 related problem, correct. The original addon (2.64.0) has to run in compatibility mode under win7, but in this mode the drm was not able to verify the activation code. As a result of a missing activation code the dragonmage remains invisible, because the zip with this particular data is encrypted. But that's not necassary for patched ice & blood versions.

So please revoke your game (addon + original game) and do the activation procedure again. Make sure that the game is V2.65.1 or newer and not running in compatibility mode.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

I am not entirely sure it is an issue with the CM parch, as I think it's just something missing in the game itself, but is it correct the DM does not have a christmas set of its own and spawns an inquisitor set?

I am not entirely sure it is an issue with the CM parch, as I think it's just something missing in the game itself, but is it correct the DM does not have a christmas set of its own and spawns an inquisitor set?

Yup that's correct because the DM came out after christmas island was released.

Are the "unlockable" items in this Patch ?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Unlock_Items

Would love the swords and Shield... :)

Yes, all the unlockable Items can drop regularly with the CM-Patch. :)

OMG :whistle:

Thanks so very much :woot:...

I havent found anything playing 4 days straight though...he he he...

I did edit the Spawn file and put insanely amount of monsters ingame...ha ha...:).... Just the way I like it, but now I get owned pretty fast...:D

I need a game to challenge me, or I lose interest very quick... With this Patch I will go Treasure Hunting...

Thanks again...

From what I remember the unlock weapons were changed to legendaries in the cm patch and therefore probably drop as often as legendaries...that is to say almost never...still, the fun is in the finding! So good luck :whistle:

From what I remember the unlock weapons were changed to legendaries in the cm patch and therefore probably drop as often as legendaries...that is to say almost never...still, the fun is in the finding! So good luck :whistle:

You are the second user telling me they drop as legendaries now. I tested the drop in niob with a level 200 char and always got them as normal unique, as usual. I don't know now what is causing this strange drop behaviour of those items.

Edited by czevak

So they drop as Normal/White/Gold and so on as well ?

I do find alot of blue weapons (Crystal) and a strange "Iron Club" that looks like a Mace with 2 star looking pieces that spin in opposite directions...

Anyway, its a great thing to find alot more than usual... :4rofl:...

Question :

Is it possible to create a larger Inventory ?

OR

Have the inventory like a Merchant ? So you can have 4 large pockets ?

OR

Maybe changing the Chest so its much larger or has like a Merchant ?

Also, last but not least, WHERE is the Stacking of the Potions please :) Need more than just 20 a Stack...

Thanks...

Edited by NecroViolator
Question :

Is it possible to create a larger Inventory ?

OR

Have the inventory like a Merchant ? So you can have 4 large pockets ?

OR

Maybe changing the Chest so its much larger or has like a Merchant ?

Also, last but not least, WHERE is the Stacking of the Potions please ? Need more than just 20 a Stack...

Thanks...

I am of the opinion that all of these are hardcoded.

As a test, I was able to add 2 more tabs to the stash/chest, and they showed up, and behaved as tabs do. You could click on them, they would react when you moused over them, and that was it. I basically repeated both pages(you had 2 normal pages, and 2 shared pages), and I couldn't put anything into any of them, nor take anything out of them.

To create a larger inventory/chest requires that we be able to access the dimensions of them, the amount of rows and columns which I haven't found looking through the xml, or script files.

To create extra pages for the chest, we need to have access to the code that says this is an inventory container, the part that actually stores the items, rather then the part we see.

That may sound a bit confusing.

The inventory system is, as far as I know, set up in 2 parts:

What you see. The user interface.

What you can't. The code.

We can find the user interface, and change it, but without access to the code, we can't get them to work properly. And we probably won't be able to just add extra inventory locations, especially if this is all somewhere in the executable. Well, not without some serious coding work.

Regarding the increased potion stack, I haven't really looked into it, but considering there are plenty of people who have looked through the scripts without finding anything, well that tells me that it's hardcoded, and also not easily changed. Perhaps it's easier than the inventory, but not easy.

If any of that makes any sense :blush: