The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

@Etherian: Not exactly "new" as such. But we revised the blades according to the poll some time ago. Size related base attributes, Katanas are now named correctly, Lightsabers are Willpower based now and can now drop regularly (Random Uniques from Bosses) and there is a Random Epic Lightsaber as reward for a very taxing quest series.

Once you pick up one yourself you will notice a little something extra has been added for the right atmo. :viking:

You will read the rest in the patchnotes. :sigh:

Lightsaber sound effects? Starwars music? And you are going to have to let us know which quest it is that drops the lightsaber...too many ingame to go looking for it :viking:

• 2 weeks later...

disabling ci-mod.... Firing up CM090 ;)

hehe, great job! Keep it up ;)

Epic Lightsaber!?! :P In the words of Will Smith... "I have got to get me one of these!'

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

...ordering more Poutine for the mod team.

Waitress says, "and for how many people?"

...time passes.

Waitress calls back via caller ID.

...phone rings. "Hello."

Waitress says, "yes, hello, a couple weeks ago I fulfilled an order of our famous Poutine for the Sacred 2 CM team."

..."yes."

Waitress says, "where can I get a hold of Sacred 2 Ice and Blood PC Gold version?"

..."HERE"

Waitress says, "thank you very much."

...phone hangs up.

...time passes.

***Waitress and entire Poutine staff now addicted to Sacred 2.***

I remain, :D

The barbarian hessian poutine would use pommes frites, Kochkäse (sour cream cheese which is made creamy by adding natron while warming it) and Frankfurter grie Soß (green herb sauce, Frankfurt variant).

Czevak, in palatinate: would you replace pommes with Schupfnudeln (finger thick noodles in the shape of an american football, made partly from potatoes) roasted in a pan?

Is there any chance of a change list czevak?

German changelog is online in the german sacred2 forum, translation may take a while.

CU Marcus

Thanks marcus. Looks like its time to pull out google translator :)

Edit: Well, read it, seems theres alot there...I'll wait for a properly translated version.

Edited by Dragon Brother
Is there any chance of a change list czevak?

German changelog is online in the german sacred2 forum, translation may take a while.

CU Marcus

Thanks marcus. Looks like its time to pull out google translator :)

Edit: Well, read it, seems theres alot there...I'll wait for a properly translated version.

Or you could read the changelog presented by the patcher after applying it. :)

EDIT: We got a report in the german forums, that PhysX runs smoother/without crashes with v0090. Anyone else noticed something like that?

(We resolved some issues with PhysX debris models during the cleanup of debug.log errors, and this might be the source of this PhysX improvement. I really hoped that it might do this. :) )

Edited by czevak

czevak: Can't really say a thing about Phys-X as I use Ati's card but otherwise works like as charm.

Epic Lightsaber and such? Looks like I'm more inclined to get that Office quest completed at least once. xD Luckily my Seraphim is nearly done with Gold so I might give it a try soon.

Yeah, its just if I ever get around to finishing it, I wanna do it online... :s

We've never said that you have to finish the quest to get the reward...

CU Marcus

Thats a H-U-G-E clue.

Thank you Marcus!

Ideas? on this matter.

I remain, :)

Yeah, its just if I ever get around to finishing it, I wanna do it online... :s

We've never said that you have to finish the quest to get the reward...

CU Marcus

Ah.. So it's a drop like Benny's Promise - dropped by one of the employees once you've taken on the quest...

Heya,

guess it should be the guy in the walled area in the Swamp then ! :) That is easy.... if that is it :D

Greetz

@DB... did that online.... if you do so, make sure to have some darkies with you, and split up areas.... that way it can be done within an hour... or maybe two

Edited by Barristan

Do you want to have spells.txt untouched in CM-patch?

At home we play with a slightly patched spells.txt:

horse combat arts have no regeneration times, just higher start-cooldown which lowers with riding skill to allow more frequent using

lumen god power: in addition to its normal working it works as a sort of minibuff. It has an extra effect lasting for 3 minutes: adding it's ca level to intelligence.

It started when my daughter (trying to play a priestess) said that god powers are currently quite useless. With divine devotion the 900s powers will regenerate in minimal 180s/130s without/with mastery. So with mastery you will be able to have overlapping effects, but maximal 2.

Do you think it is a good idea to make god powers a bit more useful this way?

Which mini-buffs you would like to see for lumen, testa? God powers which have lasting effects already can't have a mini-buff in addition. At least I do not know how to add.

Kybele: Perhaps keep the relative to max-health one time heal but make the healing over time smaller by a factor 10 but lasting for 3 minutes?

Ker: summoning a weaker demon for 3 minutes (perhaps dragon mage protector?) and having ca-level as fixed life leech damage added?

Forens: lot less powerful but effect lasting 3 minutes? ca-level/3 reflect chances?

Kuan: I am really clueless at this one

Edited by chattius

Well, got a pic of the lightsaber...it shows up in your logbook as a reward before the quest gets finished :) So I dont know how much of the quest you actually need to do to get it, but meh :)

lightsaber.jpg

Also, czevak or marcus, is the name of the lightsaber random? I assume so because I dont think you've cracked the global.res file yet...any closer? How bout the mods on the lightsaber...I assume you selected those...reflect projectiles, +willpower, deep wounds... :)

PS....nice lightsaber sound effects :bounce:

Also, the patch changelist mentioned gold lightsabers from bosses...does that mean gold blades or unique lightsabers?

Edited by Dragon Brother