Magic Find in Diablo 3

My HC WD found a legendary yesterday. No MF of any sort :/

I did watch a video not too long ago where a guy tested how MF seems to work in D3. In D2 MF increased the chance that better loot would drop, set pieces, legendaries, stuff like that. In D3 MF seems to work by not increasing the chance something will drop, but increasing the ilevel of the items that will drop. If I remember right the guy ran an act (or 3 acts) three times with and without MF (using about 75%). Ah here we go, found it

Haha thanks for that gogo. I was wondering why my post was the first in the topic :P

I'm kinda torn between selling or keeping that bow I found. It's the Raven's Claw or something, supposedly Blood Raven's bow. I checked it out on the AH and mine is 100x better than the most expensive one there (or any others listed).

3 times act 3 is probably not enough to conclude anything. Blizzard claims (and they should know it after all) MF works like in Diablo 3 - the only difference being no diminishing return on MF in D3. If one believes them, ilvl should be unchanged, you should just see more magic, rare, legendary and set items.

I've just bought my Wizz a MF suit of 110%. Within less than 5 minutes play I had a legendary and 4 rares drop !

As my wizz is sc, I can take the risk of not having other stats to keep the MF% going and see what else I can find. :)

I've just bought my Wizz a MF suit of 110%. Within less than 5 minutes play I had a legendary and 4 rares drop !

As my wizz is sc, I can take the risk of not having other stats to keep the MF% going and see what else I can find. :)

Awesome! I'd forgotten that in SC it's possible to be so elastic with builds... yay for ultimate sandbox!

:bounce:

gogo

I think the most important thing is the break-even point that he mentions. You need as much MF as you can get without sacrificing survivability and damage. Finding that sweet-spot is key.

yay for ultimate sandbox!

Heh, if Diablo 3 is a sandbox game I wonder what category Roller Coaster Tycoon falls under :4rofl:

Sweet job finding all that nice gear steve, gotta get a MF suit of my own :bounce: