Guild Wars 2 - Beta Weekend July 20-22 on Gate of Madness server

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already can't wait to play this final BWE with all of you. I couldn't play the last stress test yesterday, and I wonder if more content will be unlocked for this event. Thanks for creating this topic, and I really hope more people from DarkMatters will join us for this event (we had so much fun last time).

I'll do what I can to have as much playtime as possible.

Max

I am sure we will see some changes in the last BWE. I think the biggest question mark for a lot of people will be about the Asura and Sylvari. ArenaNet always gives non-committal answers to that question.

I also want to know about racial skills for all the races, we haven't heard a lot yet.

I guess they're already working hard on the game, because I'm downloading quite a big update at the moment (5300+ files, 617MB)

The GW2.dat file is now 15.3GB.

Max

I cannot guarantee this, but I seem to recall that the racial skills are Elites. IIRC, you unlock you elite skill slot at level 30.

OMG I wanna play NAOW!

I woke up this morning thinking about GW2

Been thinking about GW2 all day.

I really want to play GW2 right now.

Sigh, this is so unlike me.

OMG I wanna play NAOW!

These have been exactly my thoughts for the last few days. And since I got much less playtime than you, I want to play even more.

Max

OMG I wanna play NAOW!

Sigh, this is so unlike me.

Lady, I know the feeling. I really feel like I am just killing time / spinning my wheels waiting for it to begin.

What is the status on your new computer, somehow my mind goes dead every so often. My system decided to burp, had to get a new video card changed from a GTX 260 to a GTX 670. :xmastree:

According to Arenanet we will have both the Sylvari and Asura to play with for the BWE. Okay it looks like I will have to kill off one or two of my alternate slots.

http://www.arena.net/blog/play-asura-and-sylvari-in-the-july-20-22-beta-weekend-event

Might be interesting especially the first look at the Sylvari - thinking ranger for this one. :chef:

I am sure A LOT of people will be ecstatic about the Asura and Sylvari being available. I am planning on another human for BWE3 and saving the Sylvari for release.

Hmm.. Im'ma have to think long and hard as to what I want to play for the BWE... lol

I think I'm leaning towards Lujate's opinion and will save the two new races for release. But one never knows.

Computer? Don't get me started. They shipped me out one that wont even play Solitaire.. no j/k but its not even comparable to the paperweight I currently have.

Would you believe they tried to pass off a i7 3820 quad as Superior to my i7 990x Extreme 6 core. They said because it could be overclocked to the same GHz as the 990 it was comparable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's BS not to mention its a $300 processor vs. a $1,500 one >< at today's prices.

@Kiyeri : What a bummer with the new computer, I hope you'll call them and tell them exactly what you told us here.

Ontopic : I think I'll also follow Lujate's idea, and play another human for BWE3, and keep Sylvari and Asura for release.

Max

Pretty big update in fact, 39,000 files, maybe more than a gigabyte.

EDIT : Completed at 1.4 gigabytes, I'm pretty sure it's the Asura and Sylvari content.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I am really looking forward to seeing some of this game.

Assuming they do not reset all our accounts before the next beta weekend event (BWE3):

• We are on the Moledune home server, which is a North American server.
  • The guild is "The Fellowship of Darkmatters". Flooxim is the acting guild leader, so he can definitely get you in the guild. I think he might have deputized me, so I might be able to send you an invite.
  • FWIW, the prior BWE have all started before the schedule kick off time.

And the client is rather large, so start downloading it ASAP, and make sure and check for updates at least the night before the beta.

[*]The guild is "The Fellowship of Darkmatters". Flooxim is the acting guild leader, so he can definitely get you in the guild. I think he might have deputized me, so I might be able to send you an invite.

If the Guild settings did not reset, Lujate is co-leader of the Guild, and if I remember correctly, Kiyeri is a guild officer. All three of us should be able to invite you to the Guild I think.

EDIT 10AM : There is a small update for the client today (thanks Lujate for telling me).

Max

Edited by Flooxim

As I expected, here's what to expect for the beta weekend : CLICK HERE

I can't wait to try all these new things! And don't forget, our characters will be deleted for this BWE, but not our contact list.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

As I expected, here's what to expect for the beta weekend : CLICK HERE

I can't wait to try all these new things! And don't forget, our characters will be deleted for this BWE, but not our contact list.

Max

Rats! I was planning on pawning everything I owned for some coin to play with. "Que sere, sere!"* I guess.

I think it is say to assume that "delete all existing beta information" means the guild and home servers will be reset. Everyone agree? Should we try a new server (Gate of Madness) or make one last go on Moledune?

* - Yes, I know I spelled that wrong. The forum kept changing the correct spelling to Seraphim.

We'll go for Gate of Madness, so we'll get to taste what this server is like before launch.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

Small update today. Only 76MB.

Really wish they would post patch notes, but with all the changes they have to be making it would take long to list all the changes. :bounce: