Sacred 2 hardcore benefits?

Wouldn't touch Hardcore mode in any game with a ten foot pole. Too many random things can go wrong, and none of them are worth losing a character you put time and energy into.

Yea but its single player offline lol. I can't think of any thing the game could do abnormal to screw me up.lol

First thing that comes to mind is a bug when fighting bosses where keyboard presses stop registering (I've had this when fighing Falitia). This can completely wreck you, as the instinctual space bar press for healing potions or the "oh crap" teleport button don't do anything when you expect them to.

Then there's a bug when fighting quest opponents where weapon damage no longer takes affect, only spell damage. I've had this once when fighting the Poison Lord. It was hell with my Inquisitor. I've also had the opposite happen where only weapon damage registered, and spells had no effect. I had to fight some random quest guy in the Grunwald Forest this way with my High Elf. Since her spells had no effect, she had to whack him with Tinwora's Curse, which she barely had the strength to swing. If it had been a boss I would have been screwed.

Then there's also a bug where you can no longer move after being knocked back (like, ever again). This happens a lot in the Crystal Plane - not a nice place to be incapacitated.

Then there are external b.s. things like a kid or a pet coming in the room and distracting you, or spilling something on the desk, or a bee flying through the window and chasing you around, or god knows what else. These kinds of things alone are reason enough for me to never make a character with only one life.

Edited by Flix

Lol I didn't that after all this time the game stillhad that many bugs

:o The Sacred series is famous for their bugs haha. First one that comes to mind is the instagib boars in the Crystal Plane.

:o The Sacred series is famous for their bugs haha. First one that comes to mind is the instagib boars in the Crystal Plane.

whats instagib? I don't believe I have had a problem with any boars. but if I'm going to I'd like to know ahead of time hahaha

whats instagib? I don't believe I have had a problem with any boars. but if I'm going to I'd like to know ahead of time hahaha

If you are not running the CM patch, then the boars in the crystal plane had a few extra zeros in their critical multiplier if I remember correctly. Very risky when closed servers were still up, quite a few people died there. Instagib (ie one-shot kill)

If you are not running the CM patch, then the boars in the crystal plane had a few extra zeros in their critical multiplier if I remember correctly. Very risky when closed servers were still up, quite a few people died there. Instagib (ie one-shot kill)

Oh lol no I got the cm patch. That would've sucked though.

Does instagib have a long form? I'm interested in where it came from. Thats one gaming phrase I havent heard yet.

The only time I play hardcore is when I want to stop a game and try another one. Somehow these hardcore characters are played much more carefully and my highest characteri s a level 178 dragon mage. Because he never died I never touched Diablo3 ;) Trying to all quests in niob with him.

Normally I dont play hc. Kids, dogs, cats, weasel, jackdaw, ....too much which can happen. Perhaps I should train the jackdaw to pick at the space when the screen turns red? Currently it is more removing cables from the computer.

Does instagib have a long form? I'm interested in where it came from. Thats one gaming phrase I havent heard yet.

Actually had to look this one up. Turns out it comes from "Instant Giblets", which refers to the days of Unreal Tournament style first person shooter games where some weapons make the enemy instantly turn into a bunch of bloody pieces - hence the giblets part :)

Actually had to look this one up. Turns out it comes from "Instant Giblets", which refers to the days of Unreal Tournament style first person shooter games where some weapons make the enemy instantly turn into a bunch of bloody pieces - hence the giblets part :)

lol ah, ok. thats pretty funny. hahaha

Last death was from the Dungeon Masters bodyguards on the Dryad island, which is very far in the game.

That's a wicked set of enemies you have to fight at the end of that quest. I've had very many close calls fighting Mazzagon. I never figured out what exactly they were doing that caused me so much damage...I was too busy trying to survive and swallow my heart.

• Like! 1

Last death was from the Dungeon Masters bodyguards on the Dryad island, which is very far in the game.

That's a wicked set of enemies you have to fight at the end of that quest. I've had very many close calls fighting Mazzagon. I never figured out what exactly they were doing that caused me so much damage...I was too busy trying to survive and swallow my heart.

in that case someone needs to correct the "1 star" difficulty rating lmao.

• Like! 1

Some of those difficulty stars are totally wonky. I think there's one quest in Artamark that involves just walking somewhere and it has "4 stars" rofl.

• Like! 1

Losing survival bonus makes things easier rather than harder. Lower level enemies makes the difficulty less even though your attributes go down. The time spent to make a new toon could be used in leveling up your first toon. There are 200 levels so losing a little survival bonus won't make much difference in the long run. The exception to this is farming for items you want SB. But on the other hand the effect is not that big in my guess.

In comparison to the attribute benefits you lose from losing SB it appears that less stamina willpower and vitality etc is worse even though enemy levels might be one or two lower. Especially when it comes to something like a quest boss such as the spider queen like I ran into. So far I've seen better results with SB active than without it. That is also what some of the other players attested as well. It's not so much an issue now that I modded two urtak sparkle rings to +96.3% bonus. I went from .2% to 30% rather quickly.