The Related Word Game - 2017!

band -> citizens band radio

Still not all in my area covered by cellular phones. Cable telephon has cables often attached to trees which may fall in storm. So we still have citizen band radio and short wave as backup.

• Like! 1

arachnophobia -> ironing

There is only one local spider I really fear. Big beasts in the garden which catch clothes with their nets. Always means that a long and nasty ironing session of the victims is close.

These cloth dryers are called Wäschespinnen (cloth spiders) in German,

BRABANTIA-Stendibiancheria-2.jpg

• zomgod! 1
11 hours ago, chattius said:

arachnophobia -> ironing

There is only one local spider I really fear. Big beasts in the garden which catch clothes with their nets. Always means that a long and nasty ironing session of the victims is close.

These cloth dryers are called Wäschespinnen (cloth spiders) in German,

BRABANTIA-Stendibiancheria-2.jpg

ironing -> death defying!

:)

gogo

Texas Renaissance Festival -> Braunfels

People from Braunfels founded New Braunfels. Braunfels is a very small neighbour town from Wetzlar where I was born. I am member of the Braunfels Glider Club, My older sister was born just 100m from Braunfels castle,

I think funnel cake was brought from Germany to german speaking parts of USA. Here it has several names like Strauben, Trichterkuchen, Kringelfritz... My Grandma did a not sweet variant with parsley and bear-garlic.

• Like! 1
On 10/1/2023 at 5:19 AM, chattius said:

Quebecois -> Quetschekuche met Riwwel

Local slang for Zwetschgenkuchen mit Streusel. prune-plum cake with Streusel. In baking and pastry making, streusel (German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʁɔʏzl̩]) is a crumbly topping of flour, butter, and sugar that is baked on top of muffins, breads, pies, and cakes.

This time of the year the sour prune-plums are ripe. Sour- so a sweet Streusel topping on the yeast dough layed with plums. Old ladies from village will do some in the baking house next week.

pflaumenkuchen_mit_hefeteig_1512.jpeg?h=

deelish... looks like pizza!

Quetschekuche met Riwwel -> GoodFood

We had another promo box delivered few days ago, and lastnight it was meatballs in maple sauce with green beans... 6.5 on 10 :D

IMG_8188.jpg

GoodFood -> foodsharing

GoodFood is a sort of shops which collect unused/unsold food from restaurants, supermarkets, households. You just put as much money in a box as you think it is worth.

IMG_E3059.jpg

• Appreciation 1